Looking To Buy A Jeep Wrangler

tuffy

I want to find nice used jeep wrangler to buy. I would prefer it be 4x4 and not an old willys jeep or a suzuki.

I have been looking through the lots in Pattaya but haven't seen anything I like yet. If anyone knows of a good one please PM me.

Thanks,

Tuffy

I want to find nice used jeep wrangler to buy. I would prefer it be 4x4 and not an old willys jeep or a suzuki.

I have been looking through the lots in Pattaya but haven't seen anything I like yet. If anyone knows of a good one please PM me.

Thanks,

Tuffy

Not easy to find in Thailand, if you do find one it will probably have a Toyota coversion (engine). I have seen a couple in BKK but with the conversion. They are about 3M baht new here so will be expensive!!

It could be an option to import one but that has its pitfalls!

A second hand one in the UK would be cheap (byt no aircon on the older mods), they are all 4x4 BTW, and the older it is, the less the import duty.

From memory the duty is about 200% BUT, because it's a 4x4 it gets halved, then there is a sliding scale for the age to a max discount of 80% for a 9 year old car (anyone correct me if I'm mis-informed).

There are a couple of 4x4 dealers in Srinakarin Road, near Secon Square BKK.

The only reason I know about this is I havd a YJ Wrangler in the UK and was going to import it but only got the 200% info, not the discounts!!!!!

Have a look at these

Jeep1

Jeep2

But you will need someone who reads Thai!!!!

Best of luck

Andyadam.....................you are correct with what you have stated.

What can,t be determined with that though is the value of the vehicle that customs will give it. It could be something outrageous.......depends on the officer of the day. :o

Spot on Steve, it should be cost at source but it could be cost or value in Thailand, this is a real grey area!!!!

• 11 months later...