Motorbike Parking At Cm Airport?

wjmark

Good question. I left my motorbike at the airport for several days before prior to the new terminal being built. Now, the motorbike parking is on the opposite side of the airport. I think it's still OK to park overnight, in fact it seems more secure now than before because the motorbike lot is close to a security guard post.

I think like everything there are going to be the occasional bad experiences. I have regularly left my bike for a few days including one time when I had to stay in Bangkok not for the expected overnight but for 10 days. I got back and it was fine. However it would be likely that someone has had a motorcyle stolen from there. I made it a point to tell the security guys that I would be away for a few days and using a decent lock through the front and read disc on the bike. Park it out of the way where they won't need to move it and are unlikely to sit on as a portable chair (one of my pet peeves).

Good luck and enjoy the trip

CB

Thanks everybody - saved me outrageous taxi fares!

I am in Hong Kong now (here they have FREE wifi at the airport!), and my GF has just told me that the bike was fine this morning when she got back to CM...

ThaiVisa.com is really a nice resource (and full of nice people too!)

Cheers, Mark

I think like everything there are going to be the occasional bad experiences. I have regularly left my bike for a few days including one time when I had to stay in Bangkok not for the expected overnight but for 10 days. I got back and it was fine. However it would be likely that someone has had a motorcyle stolen from there. I made it a point to tell the security guys that I would be away for a few days and using a decent lock through the front and read disc on the bike. Park it out of the way where they won't need to move it and are unlikely to sit on as a portable chair (one of my pet peeves).

Good luck and enjoy the trip

CB

Don't tell them, mate; them's the buggers doin the nickin :D

Thanks everybody - saved me outrageous taxi fares!

I am in Hong Kong now (here they have FREE wifi at the airport!), and my GF has just told me that the bike was fine this morning when she got back to CM...

ThaiVisa.com is really a nice resource (and full of nice people too!)

Cheers, Mark

What colour did you say it was? :D

Oops, sorry Mapguy, bit too much humour! :o

okok - maybe not FULL of nice people - but still plenty of them...

and some scary ones.

Gold real-Honda rims - Dunlop tires - and yes it's red.

Leave it alone - it's special.

It does Mae Sai in 3hrs 20min. Not surprising it's so fast - it's a 125!

okok - maybe not FULL of nice people - but still plenty of them...

and some scary ones.

Gold real-Honda rims - Dunlop tires - and yes it's red.

Leave it alone - it's special.

It does Mae Sai in 3hrs 20min. Not surprising it's so fast - it's a 125!

Thanks for that :o

Bet I can make it do Mae Sai quicker on the back of my pickup :D

Edited by jackr