Non Imm O - 3 Month Multi From Singapore

Morning all,

I was issued a Non Imm O marriage visa (first one after recent marriage) in Singapore on 12 December thinking it was a 12 month multi entry and paying S$220.The visa is classified as a non imm O multi entry.

Talking with friends last night I explained that the visa does not have an expiry date on it but an "enter before" with the date stamped "11 March 2008". I assumed that the 12 months would start from the first entry stamp which I got at the airport on arrival back here on the 15th December giving me 90 days.

My friends said that they do not issue multi's for 90 days and there must be a mistake. Can anyone clarify this please.

They most likely put the wrong stamp on it if you showed evidence of 400k in bank account as seems to be there requirement. But as it is now you must make your last entry using the visa prior to 11 March 2008. I would make a trip back and see if they can correct/change the visa and buy another if not - checking closely.

Yep ^^^, Lop is usually spot on. I paid 6,250 Rupees in march (Delhi) so the fee is correct for a 1 year multi.

A call to the embassy is indicated as I doubt that immigration in Thailand will/can help, they usually can do nothing with visas (they can't even move a visa to a new passport).

Assuming you get an agreement that Singapore will fix the visa, I wonder if it would be legal to DHL your passport to the embassy, normally this is a major no no but maybe in this case OK.

Would I be better off going for a 12 month extension here in BKK before the 11 March?
Probably less hassle assuming you meet the financial requirements.

If you do a border run on March 10th for a fresh 90 day stamp you'll at least have got about 6 months out of the visa, then start your extension process 30 days before the end of that entry. :o

Edited by Crossy

Morning all,

I was issued a Non Imm O marriage visa (first one after recent marriage) in Singapore on 12 December thinking it was a 12 month multi entry and paying S$220.The visa is classified as a non imm O multi entry.

Talking with friends last night I explained that the visa does not have an expiry date on it but an "enter before" with the date stamped "11 March 2008". I assumed that the 12 months would start from the first entry stamp which I got at the airport on arrival back here on the 15th December giving me 90 days.

My friends said that they do not issue multi's for 90 days and there must be a mistake. Can anyone clarify this please.

You need to talk with the First Secretary ( Consular Affairs ) at The Thai Embassy in Singapore.

Damian, the validity period of a visa starts on the date the visa is issued, not the date you enter Thailand.

A multiple-entry non-O visa is usually valid for entries into Thailand within one year. Are you sure that it says “valid for multiple entries” on your visa? If it does, then the embassy in Singapore seems to have made a mistake with the “must be utilized before” date.

If it says “valid for single” entry it is possible that you applied and paid the fee for a multiple-entry visa but the embassy decided to give only a single-entry visa. Some embassies/consulates refund the difference in visa fee in such case, some don’t. Officially, I believe, the application fee is not refundable.

--

Maestro

You know guys, the more i hear about the Singapore consulate the more i wish to avoid it at all cost. Seems to me that Singapore is the most popular of sites for the "thai expats" to get this stuff done. This very well may be the reason they give us all such a hard time. Maybe they are trying to deter us from using them. Maybe they are understaffed and can’t handle the load. I had a really easy time in Bali. I will try Hong Kong this summer to get my "O multi" renewed. It seems that I read something bad about the Thai consulate in Singapore everyday.

Maestro,

No the visa is definately a multi with the enter before March 11 2008. It is my first O for marriage. I will call them next week to clarify and post the results.

Bernie 66,

My initial impression of Singapore was OK and the staff pleasant. I had all the correct paperwork mind you but I will reserve my final judgement until after I make the call next week.

Maestro,

No the visa is definately a multi with the enter before March 11 2008. It is my first O for marriage. I will call them next week to clarify and post the results.

Bernie 66,

My initial impression of Singapore was OK and the staff pleasant. I had all the correct paperwork mind you but I will reserve my final judgement until after I make the call next week.

Check on the VISA.

First line, under "Kingdom of Thailand", should be:

- Type of Visa: Non-Immigrant

- Category: O

- N0 of Entry: M (Check if this is different)

- Fee: 220 S$

If this is different ... Scan and post a copy to the forum.

Maestro,

Bernie 66,

Damian,

Good luck with calling next week, pls let us know how you get on. I am thinking visiting the same Consul may I ask which copies of paperwork you reqd for said visa, as I am preparing my application at present, thanks in advance.

DSG

Singatraz:

Yes exactly as you have shown.

Designer ring:

copy and original of marriage cert,

copy and original of Amphur office marriage form,

bank letter from Bangkok bank showing balance of over 400k

bank letter of my citibank showing balance

copy of passport front page

copy of wifes passport front page

original of wifes house ownership cert

They gave all the originals back except the bank statement letters upon aplication. All very easy really. There is a big sign saying "check your visa when you get it" Well I did and queried the 3 month thing but I misinterpreted the reply as "the 12 months starts when you enter Thailand" which is wrong and my fault for not asking more questions or checking further before I left. But it was my first O so will be more dillegent in the future.

Like I said I will post the response when Icall them next week.

i dont think400k in a thai bank is a requirement as is 400k in any bank. We are told we need a work permit to have a bank account in 99% of thailand banks. I know not every bank.... But still they cannot hold us to this as the majority of places will not let us bank. If they could hold us to this i think more would be done to educate the banks that turn us away.

Yep ^^^, Lop is usually spot on. I paid 6,250 Rupees in march (Delhi) so the fee is correct for a 1 year multi.

A call to the embassy is indicated as I doubt that immigration in Thailand will/can help, they usually can do nothing with visas (they can't even move a visa to a new passport).

Assuming you get an agreement that Singapore will fix the visa, I wonder if it would be legal to DHL your passport to the embassy, normally this is a major no no but maybe in this case OK.

Would I be better off going for a 12 month extension here in BKK before the 11 March?
Probably less hassle assuming you meet the financial requirements.

If you do a border run on March 10th for a fresh 90 day stamp you'll at least have got about 6 months out of the visa, then start your extension process 30 days before the end of that entry. :o

I can only comment on the Kanchanaburi office where the service is excellent. I had no problem transferring my visa to a new passport.

I can only comment on the Kanchanaburi office where the service is excellent. I had no problem transferring my visa to a new passport.

NO. You transferred a permit to stay not a visa. Immigration do not transfer visas :o

Edited by Crossy