P3 Down For The Count. Troubleshooting W/o Hardware?

luumak

Here is a two part question. I gave a well built P3/256/20gb to my parents on 2001. My father kept it on night/day and it finally went down last year. There are many salvagable parts but does anyone know how I can troubleshoot w/o addl parts on hand?

What if anything are PC SD133 Ram and a used 20gb HDD worth if anything (really the ram). Will any secondhand shop in metro Thailand buy it? Worthless stateside?

Many Thanks

Basically worthless. They're several generations old, and there probably isn't anyone still using or wanting them. The minimum size of a harddisk these days is around 80-120GB, so a 20GB harddisk is not going to get you much, if anything.

Troubleshoot? I don't really know if it's worth the hassle. You can get a much better system for very cheap.

I give my old failed electronic equipment, TV's computer parts, etc., if I plan on replacing, to a school located in Klong Toey. I 'm not even sure what its called but I do know its some type of government school to provide training to people at a very low cost. They have these types of schools all over Bangkok. The electronics class is always in need of equipment to learn on. I'm sure if you ask a few Thai's you know they might be able to point you toward one.