North West England

morky

Could anybody recommend a Thai supermarket in or near Liverpool please?

We drive to Manchester now and then (I think the place is called Kims) but could do with finding somewhere a bit closer to home.

I read last week that there is a place called Raan Thai somewhere on the Wirral so I'll have a look for it this week.

Any advice or help would be gratefully recieved.

Morky,

The missus and I use either the Hondo Chinese supermarket on Upper Duke Street or the Taipan supermarket (20kgs of rice for £12.50) on Gt. Howard Street. For singularly Thai stuff, the only real choices are Kim's (paeng bpai noi) in Charlotte Street in Manchester city centre or the Raan Thai which is just off junction 3 (Prenton Industrial Park) of the motorway on the Wirral. There is a newly opened place on Bold Street in Southport, but they didn't have much in the way of fresh stuff when we went in.

Bon apetit!

Scouse.

Cheers mate. I'll definitely have to give Raan Thai a go. We go to WH Lung under the Taipan sometimes (mostly for my Chang).

It would be handy to have a couple more Thai places rather than all Chinese who sell a few Thai products.

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers mate. I'll definitely have to give Raan Thai a go. We go to WH Lung under the Taipan sometimes (mostly for my Chang).

It would be handy to have a couple more Thai places rather than all Chinese who sell a few Thai products.

Hi there,

Please go to the Thai small supermarket called "Siam" in Birkenhead. The address is 9 Oxton Rd

Birkenhead, CH41 2QQ Tel. 0151 652 3414. Just find McDonald (not too far from Pyramid shopping centre, Birkenhead station). If you are in front of McDonald on Grange Road East, look ahead on you left hand side, you will find Oxton Road. Then walk along this road, it is not far at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Mattas on Bold street, whilst not being a Thai supermarket, has a great range of Thai products. They have a delivery on Thursdays, I think, with loads of specific Thai products, many fresh as well.

I hope you find all you're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there,

Please go to the Thai small supermarket called "Siam" in Birkenhead. The address is 9 Oxton Rd

Birkenhead, CH41 2QQ Tel. 0151 652 3414. Just find McDonald (not too far from Pyramid shopping centre, Birkenhead station). If you are in front of McDonald on Grange Road East, look ahead on you left hand side, you will find Oxton Road. Then walk along this road, it is not far at all.

Raan Thai's probably your best bet. Much more selection, cheaper, nice fresh veg, and clean and tidy. They're getting products every week.

Edited by DMaBG