Social Security Office, Website Down?

Guest Property

Guest Property

I'm trying to obtain some information from the Social Security Office on behalf of one of my employees, however their website doesn't appear to be responding! Is it me or have the government blocked their own site :D

http://www.sso.go.th/

Although my employee has been working for me for in excess of 3 months, they as yet don't have one of them plastic card thingies entitling them to healthcare. :o

Sometimes it can take longer than 3 months. You need to call your local Social Security office and check if they sent it out already.

You will need employees ID reg no. to check over the phone .

If they have sent and you didn't receive they will resend in about 3 days.

They don't use the plastic ones anymore. You get the thick paper ones which are valid for approx. 1-2yrs.

They need to be laminated to last.

If you don't have local office number you can BKK office to ask.

Sorry I don't have BKK no. but Chiang Mai is 053 112629-31

Guest Property

^ Thanks for the info. I think I have the thick paper one you mentioned but the accountant says we need the plastic one, else I have to pay any hospital bills & try & claim them back later.

^ Thanks for the info. I think I have the thick paper one you mentioned but the accountant says we need the plastic one, else I have to pay any hospital bills & try & claim them back later.

Social Security office told me that plastic card has been discontinued and now only one used is the paper one . One of my employees used last month no problem. Some of my employees still use plastic as not yet expired but another one had the plastic expire so called for a new card and again only the paper one issued. No problems when she used it. No one has had to pay bills up front , everything taken care of by hospital or clinic.

Maybe tell your accountant to check this as I think it is fairly recent.