Getting Motorbike Washed/cleaned In Chiang Mai?

bucklt

I live in a high-rise condo near Orchid Hotel, and would appreciate someone telling me where I can get both my motorbikes washed and cleaned - in the local area.

Many thanks,

Tony :o

Did you check the Shell station just west of the Orchid Hotel? I can't remember if they do vehicle washing or not. Anyhow, if they do not, take Huay Kaew west to the Klong Rd, turn left, and down a few hundred meters on your left is a small petrol station that does both car and bike washing. They do a good job too for 60 baht.

The Shell does it as LRB mentioned; also right next door to Orchid, go down to the bottom parking level of Central Kad Suan Kaew; in the back corner they do vehicle washing.

But I should mention, pressure hose washing of motorcycles is not recommended. Unlike a car, water can get into places on a motorbike (cable innards, air filter canister, spark plug cap, wheel bearings, etc.) where it can do damage.

If you can find a hose somewhere, anywhere, and run the water SLOWLY, just enough to wet the bike down, like rain...... a sponge, a few cotton towels and some plastic cleaner (ArmorAll, Waxy, etc) will do wonders..... :o

I live in a high-rise condo near Orchid Hotel, and would appreciate someone telling me where I can get both my motorbikes washed and cleaned - in the local area.

Many thanks,

Did you check the Shell station just west of the Orchid Hotel? I can't remember if they do vehicle washing or not. Anyhow, if they do not, take Huay Kaew west to the Klong Rd, turn left, and down a few hundred meters on your left is a small petrol station that does both car and bike washing. They do a good job too for 60 baht.

Many thanks guys - will check all 3 locations as indicated.

LRB: where exactly is Klong Rd???

Can't find it on my maps?

Is it before/after turn-off for Nimmahaemin/CMU/Canal Road/Zoo etc?

Can you be more specific please.

Many thanks.

Tony :D

I take my bike to a place called CAR SPA or something close to that. If you turn left onto Suthep from the moat road its on a small soi about 250 meters down Suthep on the left across from a hospital. There is a sign in English.

It costs 50 baht for my Honda Wave. I think it would be impossible for anyone to clean the bike better than they do. They also use Armor All or some such product on all rubber and plastic. It really looks good.

There is also a reasonably comfortable waiting area with free internet and drinks available. All in all an excellent service and I was happy to find it.

Many thanks,

Many thanks guys - will check all 3 locations as indicated.

LRB: where exactly is Klong Rd???

Can't find it on my maps?

Is it before/after turn-off for Nimmahaemin/CMU/Canal Road/Zoo etc?

Can you be more specific please.

Many thanks.

Hi Tony,

Sorry, could have been clearer. The "klong" rd IS the Canal rd. Specifically, where Huay Kaew meets the Canal road at the Phucome Hotel intersection. Turn south a few hundred meters and you'll see a petrol station on your left doing wasjings. I think it's a Green Leaf station.

I take my bike to a place called CAR SPA or something close to that. If you turn left onto Suthep from the moat road its on a small soi about 250 meters down Suthep on the left across from a hospital. There is a sign in English.

It costs 50 baht for my Honda Wave. I think it would be impossible for anyone to clean the bike better than they do. They also use Armor All or some such product on all rubber and plastic. It really looks good.

There is also a reasonably comfortable waiting area with free internet and drinks available. All in all an excellent service and I was happy to find it.

Many thanks guys - for all those responses.

Ricklev: tried your Car Spa today - and it's just what I'm looking for!

Bike wash for 50 baht or wash and wax for 100 baht.

Very professional outfit.

They use AutoGlyn products on all the cars/bikes.

They also have another unit in Changklan road - somewhere.

And, as indicated by you, you get free coffee and internet whilst waiting.

They do a lot of new/top-of-the-range cars there also.

web: www.car-spa.net

Manager's name is Yon.

One place that hasn't been mentioned, but I was happy with the one time I tried, is the #12 Huay Kaew carwash, in the parking garage above where the (now closed) upstairs cinema was. Across from Central/Kad Kaew, turn in at the driveway next to the 7-11. All the way to the back, and over to the left. Okay, that was maybe two years ago, but I liked their work.

I took my bike to Car Spa on the strength of the post above and have to say they were a pleasant surprise. For a start, in contrast to most locally owned and run businesses, they really understood the concept of customer care. The bike took longer to clean than they first told me so the guy in charge (who has good English) came to apologise and said if I could wait a little longer they'd do a wax treatment for free. I thought that was very civilized and the end result was a bike that hadn't looked so good since the day I bought it. Price 50 bht - if he had charged for the wax treatment, I think it would have been 100 or 125bht.

If the location suits, then look no further! :o

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks guys - for all those responses.

Ricklev: tried your Car Spa today - and it's just what I'm looking for!

Bike wash for 50 baht or wash and wax for 100 baht.

Very professional outfit.

They use AutoGlyn products on all the cars/bikes.

They also have another unit in Changklan road - somewhere.

And, as indicated by you, you get free coffee and internet whilst waiting.

They do a lot of new/top-of-the-range cars there also.

web: www.car-spa.net

Manager's name is Yon.

Guys (and Gals):

A correction/addition to my above post - involving costs.

I should have pointed out that the 50 baht for wax and 50 baht for wash charge - is for a standard Honda-type 100/125cc motorbike.

A clearer picture of charges is as follows:

Honda-type 100/125cc motorbike = 50 baht for wash and 50 baht for wax (total = 100 baht).

Harley motorbike (more chrome-work etc) = 100 for wash and 100 baht for wax (total = 200 baht).

Yon (Manager) has requested that I mention this point to you.

Sorry for any confusion based on my previous post.

Pleased to say that you guys inspired me to save myself the dirty fingers and hour or so I always lose cleaning the bike this time. I did a little local hmwk and found out that the Caltex by my home in Nong Hoy (CM Lamphun Rd, So. of the Super/ Om Meuang) does the same thing and for even cheaper. I got my Honda Wave washed n waxed/armor alled in about 25 mins and for only 40 Baht. Now that's a deal! I'm sure if you go just a little outside of the main city you'll find plenty of other commensurate places doing a good job fer cheap.

Pleased to say that you guys inspired me to save myself the dirty fingers and hour or so I always lose cleaning the bike this time. I did a little local hmwk and found out that the Caltex by my home in Nong Hoy (CM Lamphun Rd, So. of the Super/ Om Meuang) does the same thing and for even cheaper. I got my Honda Wave washed n waxed/armor alled in about 25 mins and for only 40 Baht. Now that's a deal! I'm sure if you go just a little outside of the main city you'll find plenty of other commensurate places doing a good job fer cheap.

Okay, the competition is one for the cheapest bike wash! I take my CBR150 to BTS (or is it BST?) which is on the Northbound side of the Canal Road, just a bit before the Phucome Hotel. They charge me 30 baht and do such a good job I tip them 10 or 20 baht. They dig deep cleaning rails and tubes, and even put something like Armorall on the tires. The bike looks beautiful every time they do it. This place is bit hard to find, as it is small and tucked back. Just go slow on the left shoulder, look for the big BTS sign, and pull into the gate. If you get to Huay Gaew Road, you missed it.

I have another place. Coming back into town from kad San kaew, turn left at the lights (just after library. you will see pacific mansion on your right hand side. A bit further up is a school for deaf kids on the left and very soon after that you will see some green screen shade making a wall on the right. Behind the shade is a place where they wash m/c and cars. to get to it, turn right just after the green shading. the employes are all pupils or ex pupils from the deaf school and they charge 20B for a m/c. All my thai friends go there so go and support the deaf kids

I have another place. Coming back into town from kad San kaew, turn left at the lights (just after library. you will see pacific mansion on your right hand side. A bit further up is a school for deaf kids on the left and very soon after that you will see some green screen shade making a wall on the right. Behind the shade is a place where they wash m/c and cars. to get to it, turn right just after the green shading. the employes are all pupils or ex pupils from the deaf school and they charge 20B for a m/c. All my thai friends go there so go and support the deaf kids

Okay, competition over! That sounds like a win for all. That is a convenient location too.