Retirement Visa

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info, I’ve made an appointment with the Nationwide so I’ll set up with them (I take it you get access to internet banking with them).

I sold the house in the UK because I wanted to start over and I was worried about continuation of renting, especially where I live), To be honest the way the UK is going with houses I’m glad to be shut of it. Regarding the exchange rate, I think it could go down yet, the UK has a habit of following the US, I just hope the Pound doesn’t drop as far as the Dollar. You can tell the UK is struggling the way Brown is trying to tax his way out of trouble.

Dixie, I have been reading this and wondering when someone is going to mention that international airfares are a lot cheaper in Thailand then outside so if you have to return don't buy a return airfare in the UK, get a return here!!

A multiple re-entry is only good for one year, if you are only going back once, a single re-entry is a lot cheaper.

Welcome to Chiang Mai, we live in Pai a couple of hours away and it is a fantastic place to live...

Hi Niloc,

Thanks for the advice, to be honest I already looked into the air fares when I was last in Chiang Mai and will only be getting one way tickets. I’ve been looking at houses outside of Chiang Mai as I’m not a city person, I’m just looking for some peace and quite. Once I’m over and settled I wouldn’t mind visiting a few people from these forums. All I hope now is the house goes here as I’ve been getting rid of everything.

My wife’s father lives in Lampang about 1 1/2 away from (south) Chiang Mai. One of her sisters had a house in Mae Hong Son although I never visited the place, when I come over and get myself a car maybe I could pop in and see you as I’d like to see Mae Hong Son as well.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info, I’ve made an appointment with the Nationwide so I’ll set up with them (I take it you get access to internet banking with them).

I sold the house in the UK because I wanted to start over and I was worried about continuation of renting, especially where I live), To be honest the way the UK is going with houses I’m glad to be shut of it. Regarding the exchange rate, I think it could go down yet, the UK has a habit of following the US, I just hope the Pound doesn’t drop as far as the Dollar. You can tell the UK is struggling the way Brown is trying to tax his way out of trouble.

Yes - easy peasy :o .

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/default.htm