Year 2008 Price Of Cbr150

amal2029

Happy New Year to all :o ,

I missed my chance of buying my first CBR last year because of some unavoidable reasons. I hope to do it within next couple of weeks and need advise from all your good self. What is the best price for CBR150 in BKK and sounding areas? I am from Samutprakarn.

Last year November I had checked the price and it was between 63,000B to 63,000B for cash. Is there any price drop in year 2008? What things I should be aware during purchase? Are there any known issues in CBR150?

Your responds are highly appreciated

Amal

:D

I think 63 000 is a good price. I paid 65K for mine but others have paid 63K. As far as I know, the price hasn't been dropped for 2008. I doubt it will come down unless there is a newer model. Right now, the CBR 150 is the only bike in it's class.

Hi there,

I am proud to inform that Yesterday I bought my long waiting CBR150, black colour @ the price of 63,500/-.

I am bit of disappointed of customer service of the dealer. She just took my 63K (cash) and threw the bike out. No document check, parts check or any introduction of the new bike. Actually, I found out that the engine and chassis number of the bike is not matching the data in the receipt. They just gave me big "sorry" and correct it. Anyway, this is a usual crap with some Thai dealers. So, I can leave it behind and think about the good things of the bike.

By the way, can any one help me to get an English version of the CBR150 user guide? I badly need one.

I have heard that new engines should not run at full power for the first XXXX kilometers. If it’s true, can any one educate me about it?

Thank you,

Amal

I wouldn't exceed 10,000 rpm on the first day. Okay, the first week. I ran it to 10K in the first week and it's still going so strong at 49,809 kilometers that yesterday I got it up to an indicated 142 kph, so the compression must be fine, still.

Congratulations on getting the same price I paid in July 2003. You will enjoy it!

amal2009

I had A TV member e mail me the cbr user manual the same one you get with the bike in english . If you need it send me your e-mail.

This is one of those in turn you must do 10 good deed things or what ever.

Thanks a lot mr.thaitot,

My email address is **/***. Shall we talk about the good deed thing little latter? I am in a deep S**t. I can't get any valuable information from my user guide. I wonder why there is no fuel tap in the CBR as did in my old LS125R? How could I remove the fuel tank without fully empty it first?

Regards,

Amal

Hope you do not need to pull the tank for any problems.

Just guessing .It may have a pitcock that is operated by vacuum when the engine is not running no vacuum no fuel The manual says to use a hand siphon pump. the manual should be at you address you sent me

You can just take the tank off. There are two small rubber fuel lines that have a little ring clamp. They just need a squeeze with a plier and they come off. No fuel leak (must be a vacuum setup) There is also an elctrical wire you will see when you start to lift it off, Easy enough to disconnect.

Make sure you take off the two plastic panels just behind and below the tank before you remove it. they are not in the way, but they will get scratched when you put the tank back on. It is better to have two people to put it back on.

Edited by canuckamuck

Thank you all for your advice. There is no immediate requirement for me to remove the tank. its a brand new bike and only 1 week old. However, I would like to know more about this new model in case I need to do something by my own in the future. I was able to locate the battery compartment. Its not accessible from the right side panel unlike LS125R. I still didn't remove the side covers to take a inside look. may be end of this week I shall open it and take a close look.

Mr.Wilson, thanks for your email. I am having a problem downloading the attachment. I had already PM you my problem. Please see your mail and help me.

Thank you,

Amal

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
hello i'm 15 years old i live in bkk im french and i want to buy a cbr 150 for chrismas do you think it's a good bike for me ? i know how to ride bikes. i would like to know if it's better to buy a second hand or brand new thanks

my best regards

gg

Hi Jeremyinbkk,

I would recommend you to not ride for now it is illegal for you (driving license)

Cheers

Jome

not that i am pushing jeremy to buy a bike, but groups of very young people can be seen riding on scooters often here in klong thoey.

and they ride like crazy - even ignoring the traffic lights. if only i'm good in bike as i am in car, i would teach those asses a thing or two :o

Edited by igme

I bought my CBR150 in Pattaya, from Mittyons for 65.200 one month ago, for cash, got two useless local helmets and a tiny (300)baht discount...

however they did have the colour I wanted in stock,I could have had it in an hour,( I waited a whole day,atm runs,)

It comes with full warranty and a free 1000km service (pay for oil). Friendly and helpful at the shop, no complaints.

I did wonder about running in, and found this link on an earlier post:

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/NewBike.html#BreakIn

Seems pretty commonsensical to me.

Loving the bike, great fun, enjoy yours, seems pretty bomb proof to me, hope it keeps as well as other owners models have done.

Cheers, PP