Short-term Stay In Bkk?

fogger00

Hi, I'm looking for a serviced apartment in BKK for 3-4 months. Ideally within walking distance to a semi-Western grocery store (do they exist?). Near restaurants and nightlife of course as well. I've been to BKK a few times, but never looked at it from the perspective of living there.

Resources for finding a good apt online? Or should I wait until I'm there? At a minimum I'd like to narrow down an area of town.

For background, I'm late 30s, American, single, army brat, and decided to try something different for a few months. I'll likely be taking Thai classes, working out, spending time at the pool, trading stocks/futures, and partying a few nights/week. Any recommendations on where to start?

Also.. I'm not the most outgoing person, so any ideas on where/how to meet people would be cool.

Edited by fogger00

Hi, I'm looking for a serviced apartment in BKK for 3-4 months. Ideally within walking distance to a semi-Western grocery store (do they exist?). Near restaurants and nightlife of course as well. I've been to BKK a few times, but never looked at it from the perspective of living there.

Resources for finding a good apt online? Or should I wait until I'm there? At a minimum I'd like to narrow down an area of town.

For background, I'm late 30s, American, single, army brat, and decided to try something different for a few months. I'll likely be taking Thai classes, working out, spending time at the pool, trading stocks/futures, and partying a few nights/week. Any recommendations on where to start?

Also.. I'm not the most outgoing person, so any ideas on where/how to meet people would be cool.

There's a serviced apt on Sukhumvit 4 called SM Grande. Its a new place, built 2006, has fitness, wifi, swimming pool and all inclusive electricity/water for 20,000 baht a month. Very nice setup!