Scared Me

Kringle

Last night I was in Nana Plaza around nine pm (at least that's the last I remember). Did the regular bit of checking out some of the bars and went into one of the places on the second floor with the curtains hanging down on the right hand side and then everything else I can't remember. I woke up this morning around 8 am on the side of the road somewhere between Nana and Democracy Monument. No wallet,phone or watch. Hailed a cab, got home and called about my cards to report them stolen. Then the wife notices what look like cigerette burns all over my back. I must have been drugged because I don't have any bruises or lumps or any other problems or pain that I can notice. I didn't have a hangover so I couldn't have been that drunk and I don't think I could drink enough to keep the burning pain away that I must of had when the burns happened.

I feel very lucky to be alive to write about this and this has certainly wakened me up to how you always have to be careful no matter where you are. I will not be going by myself to any place that I don't know someone. I've been going to Nana for over two years and have never heard of such in this place and guess I just took it for granted that I was safe. Scared the <deleted> out of me! Be aware and you can never be too careful. If going somewhere that you don't know make sure you're with friends.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I was in Nana Plaza around nine pm (at least that's the last I remember). Did the regular bit of checking out some of the bars and went into one of the places on the second floor with the curtains hanging down on the right hand side and then everything else I can't remember. I woke up this morning around 8 am on the side of the road somewhere between Nana and Democracy Monument. No wallet,phone or watch. Hailed a cab, got home and called about my cards to report them stolen. Then the wife notices what look like cigerette burns all over my back. I must have been drugged because I don't have any bruises or lumps or any other problems or pain that I can notice. I didn't have a hangover so I couldn't have been that drunk and I don't think I could drink enough to keep the burning pain away that I must of had when the burns happened.

I feel very lucky to be alive to write about this and this has certainly wakened me up to how you always have to be careful no matter where you are. I will not be going by myself to any place that I don't know someone. I've been going to Nana for over two years and have never heard of such in this place and guess I just took it for granted that I was safe. Scared the <deleted> out of me! Be aware and you can never be too careful. If going somewhere that you don't know make sure you're with friends.

Thats why I only ever go out with 3-400 bht. No watch, chains etc. If you don't take a lot out you can't lose a lot.

Are you sure you weren't completly ratarsed and just collapsed. We call it getting "Snipered".

On a similar note, my friend got an accidental wank of a katoey pickpocket on Beach Road Pattaya.

Just be careful.

Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago.... got in a taxi and asked to go to hotel but the taxi driver had a better idea.. :D

He took me to a "bar" where I could "see some nice lady".....I remember going into the place but that's it.... next thing I remember is waking up on the roadside of Suk soi godonlyknows...

No money in my pocket so I went to the ATM... guess what... I'd drawn out my daily limit....yep ! :D .... had a long walk back to the hotel

Mai pen rai... :o

totster :D

I woke up this morning  around 8 am on the side of the road somewhere between Nana and Democracy Monument.

Where is somewhere? There's a lot of road between Nana & Democracy Monument.

Well it is quite a strange way to describe a location?

It makes not much difference saying "somewhere between Nana and Udonthani". :o

Thats why I only ever go out with 3-400 bht. No watch, chains etc. If you don't take a lot out you can't lose a lot.

Can't drink a lot either with 3-400 baht :o

my god... how many Changs do you need...?? :D

Prefer Singha; 6-8 will do for a start.

Can't drink a lot either with 3-400 baht :D

my god... how many Changs do you need...?? :D

Sorry... just re-read the post... thought it said 3-4000 baht... :D

I agree... not gonna "party like there's no tomorrow" with 3-400 baht

totster :o

Can't drink a lot either with 3-400 baht :D

my god... how many Changs do you need...?? :wub:

Sorry... just re-read the post... thought it said 3-4000 baht... :D

I agree... not gonna "party like there's no tomorrow" with 3-400 baht

totster :o

My apologies, I meant 3000 - 4000 bht. :D

Same thing happened to me in Nana 4-5 years ago, BG slipped something in

my Chang, I started getting drowsy and left quicly to my hotel w/ BG right

behind me trying to get me to sit down to let the drug knock me out. I made

it back to my room with everything intact.

As for the people asking where exactly I woke up, I don't exactly remember and just wanted to get the he11 away. All I can say if it happens to you then let's just see how observent you are when you wake up, if you do wake up that is. Damm glad to just be alive. No my ass wasn't sore and as that is a totally virgin area, I think I would know if something like that had happened. :o

I meant this a warning to people to be careful as this can truely happen to anyone. I guess with some of the responses I was wrong to think that I could post this without getting some stupid comments.

Thaicoon and I had a drinking session that went on for hours and I made it back home with no problems. I had been in the bars for only a couple of hours when this Sh1t happened. I don't normally go to Nana and doubt seriously I will go back any time too soon. I doubt if going back is going to bring any of my memory of the event back to me but who knows.

Kringle,

Sorry to read about what has happened to you. Over the many years I lived in Bangkok, I went to all sort of bars/pubs and often got drunk. I guess I was real lucky.

But I guess we all have to be extra-careful....someone might slip something in our drink without us noticing it (i.e. when we go to the toilet, play pool, or go outside to smoke at no-smoking places).

Scary !

Regards,

Jem

This could happen anywhere, but it would be good to keep a list of 'less salubrious' bars that do not keep an eye on their customer's welfare.

Not just the Mickey Finn, but short-changing, second-hand beer (I usually drink draught, which can be doctored, can be slops), unasked-for lady drinks, so on. And of course places like Tony's in Pattaya, where you have vendors (usually staff) trying to sell you trinkets / drinks / cigarettes every thirty seconds.

Feel sorry for you, Kringle, just hope it never happens to me. You are the second guy I've heard of in the past two months.

Wonder if these date rape drugs are tracable in the blood stream?might account for some of the SUSPECTED suicides in LOS,

I know what my misus would say if i went out on my own to that sort of area,

Caveat Emptor again,

I really think you should report it,as someone else will get murdered one day,That's if they haven't already :o

I've heard about this kind of thing happening to guys who pick up "freelancers" and/or girls on the street, but never at a bar in one of the well-known expat/tourist areas. Does it happen a lot?

I also agree you should report it. Man, if the police are closing down bars in Nana and Cowboy for "showing" they ought to really come down hard on places where this crap is happening.

If anyone ever goes to Songkhla, be careful of the Cosmos Bar on the 'Darkside' (strip of bars on Thanon Sadao). Pretty sure one of the bgs dropped something nasty in my beer and my friend's. Had only had two or three Carslbergs (last year by the way) before hand so I was just about 100% compus mentus. Only had half of the bottle and felt dead on my feet, luckily my apartment was just around the corner so made it back in-time. Didn't wake up until mid-afternoon the next day and with a whacking great headache. Took two days to get over it.

Bad thing was, I was living in Songkhla for a couple of years and they still went for me. The trick is there, they get you hammered and bung a 10,000 baht bill on your bin. :o

I've been going to Nana for over two years and have never heard of such in this place and guess I just took it for granted that I was safe.
I don't normally go to Nana and doubt seriously I will go back any time too soon.

Horrid story Kringle.....BUT.......get the story straight mate.......do u go there regular or not !!??

What bar was it......surely you know where ? Lets form a possy and go down there to beat the crap outa em !

Last night I was in Nana Plaza around nine pm...

Right there is your first mistake.

You walk into a s--thole like Nana and you pretty much deserve everything you get, because any intelligent human being would know better.

I'm not so sure you should consider yourself "lucky" to be alive, since anyone foolish enough to go to Nana (and stupid enough to get DRUNK in Nana) and equally foolish enough not to keep a careful eye on their drink in Nana, is probably foolish enough to do a lot of other brain-dead things.

Frankly, I'm surprised Darwin hasn't kicked in before now and whacked your ass.

You should take this as a serious life-lesson and re-evaluate your priorities. If surrounding yourself with bargirls and getting s--tfaced every night is more important to you than your health, welfare and YOUR LIFE, then your priorities are seriously out of whack.

You should take this as a serious life-lesson and re-evaluate your priorities. If surrounding yourself with bargirls and getting s--tfaced every night is more important to you than your health, welfare and YOUR LIFE, then your priorities are seriously out of whack.

what really scares me is the thought of being trapped on the underground with you and your

"the end of the world is nigh" sandwichboard.

nowhere has the OP said that he is in Nana everynight getting shitfaced!

your not sure if your going to heaven or ###### when you die are you!!

i worried :D:o