Australian Aged Pension

28 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I don't see the trolling in that post. 

It's a case of poor medical treatment, resulting in death, in the same hospital that your friend is praising. 

I didn't go off topic on the pension thread with health insurance, but at your request, and another member's suggestion, I have started a thread on the topic. 

Sucked in one more time, you,re too easy.lol."Come in spinner"! 

9 hours ago, Olmate said:

Sucked in one more time, you,re too easy.lol."Come in spinner"! 

Unlike yourself, and many other members, I've never reported any post, ever. Just like I will not report this troll post of yours.  Couldn't care less.  

Bottom line is, as mentioned by two other members, Medicare and private health insurance is off topic in the Australian Aged Pension.

Why didn't you report all of those posts, like you usually do?  :cheesy:

Edited by KhunHeineken

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree. He makes so many assumptions with nothing to support them.

You continually to refuse to answer the absolute simplest question put to you.  That is, which pension are you on? 

A Vet's pension, or the Aged pension.  You have posted like you receive both, and you can't.  

So, go on the record.  What pension are you on?  Simple question, really. 

On 9/25/2024 at 4:07 AM, Lacessit said:

I take the opposite tack. I don't respond to any of his posts. Why give a troll any oxygen?

At one point, not so long ago, I counted your last 20 consecutive posts were all trolling, baiting, off topic, flaming, baiting and personally attacking me.  I stopped counting after 20, and reported none of them.   

Seems like you are starving yourself of oxygen. 

Keep up the good work.  :cheesy:

On 9/25/2024 at 3:19 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I would think there would be a question or more in the application form, e.g. have you resided overseas in the last 12 months, if yes, for how long, etc, etc, etc, then I would imagine if you answered no, they would do a check with border control, then your busted.

But, they would never check for tax residency purposes, right? 

Why do you think that they have the 2 year rule, it's there to stop people returning to claim the OAP and F off again.

Yes, and a lot of members are unhappy with it, but you can see the tax payers point, right? 

Anyone good with math who doesn't want to live in a caravan or a depressing room for those 2 years, knows the cost on rent doesn't really recoup those 2 years, especially if living in Sydney where a one bedroom unit will set you back more than the OAP.

Only for those who have burnt their bridges back in Australia. 

The old golden rule, don't put anything into Thailand you are not prepared to lose.  Many sold up and moved their life saving here, now can't even afford to live in Australia for 2 years. 

Guess what, many Aussie expats have kept a property to go back to in Australia, either for their 2 years pension portability phase, or for a serious injury / illness, and even end of life.  

Not everyone has sold up back in Australia and moved it all to Thailand / Issan.   

Many have planned ahead for their 2 years come pension age, and beyond.  If you didn't, why whinge here? 

Edited by KhunHeineken

On 9/25/2024 at 3:49 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Can you show me. ANYWHERE, in that link where it mentions living overseas, full time?  

I did like this part though:

" Please Note: The information in the above blog post is general in nature and should not be relied upon as detailed advice that applies to everyone. Each person’s individual circumstances will decide whether or not they need to lodge a tax return."

Here's the non resident tax bracket.

The pension is deemed an income. 

The pension is taxable. 

You WILL BE outside of Australia for 183 days, thus, a non resident for tax purposes. 

Do you see $0 to $135,000? 

Can you post a link, from anywhere, showing a old age pensioner does not have to pay non resident tax?  

Foreign resident tax rates 2024–25

Taxable income

Tax on this income

0 – $135,000

30c for each $1

1 hour ago, KhunHeineken said:

So, go on the record.  What pension are you on?  Simple question, really. 

This thread is about the Aus OAP. As for me: I’m soon to (hopefully) obtain the OAP hence my appreciation for the useful information posted by members who have already obtained the OAP or who, like me, are hoping to soon obtain the OAP. 

I notice you dominate the posts on here. Most of them (your posts) are either disputed or ignored, as a number of members have black-listed you.

So speaking of simple questions, are you on the OAP now or soon to be on the OAP, which one?