South American Food?

leanester

Hello everybody...I am from Argentina and I would like to know if there is some shop or place where I can buy South American food (but not talking about mexican please) Anybody can help me?

Thank u very much...

Lea

depends where you are Lea lol

Hello everybody...I am from Argentina and I would like to know if there is some shop or place where I can buy South American food (but not talking about mexican please) Anybody can help me?

Thank u very much...

Lea

Rio Grill at the Asia Hotel has Brazilian Food.

• 2 weeks later...

grilled meat as in a 'parrilla' is hard to come by as thai folks aren't big on beef...even a 'pulpa' which is a great way to serve pork can't be found as the locals ain't got much in the way of imagination (they sure can stir fry the hel_l out of the mother, though...)

there ain't no proper beer or wine to wash things down with either... :o

I'd say outfit yerself with a good kitchen and settle in fer the duration of yer sojourn...check out the suggestions on this forum for using local ingredients to prepare western food...

(tutsi strums his guitar to the zambas of Jorge Cafrune and bemoans his fate in an asian culinary wasteland...'ya ha comensao la cosecha y los changos a las vinas van...')

There is a restaurant on Sukumvit soi 8 named the South American Barbeque. I only saw it walking by so I no nothing more about it.

I noticed this one as well, it looks like a nice place. My wife and I have vowed to give it a go since we both love Brazilian barbeque. I will let you (OP) know my rating of the place if we try it out before you do.

An Argentinian style empanada shop would be an interesting business idea. It could be done for popular prices and the fillings are both savory and sweet, could appeal to Thais as well. I can imagine some Thai style fusion ones too, how about red curry squid empanada, etc.?

• 1 month later...

That was Fogo Vivo. My friend was the manager for the first few years, and it was a very good place. Sad that it had to close down. I sure miss the Brazilian style service, different cuts of meat being carried around by waiters, cut right onto your plate. For the quality and ambience, it was well worth the flat fee of 1,000 THB!