Isuzu Service

chickencurry

I guess you are talking about Isuzu's place in central Phuket town, called somthing like Andaman Motors. We take our MU7 there for regular services. Workshop staff seem to be competent enough, but the big proble is that the workshop is far far too small for the volume of vehicle each day, and there is no place to park, or even get in the door. They dont have an appointment system, and they recommend get in the line by 07.30, but still say come back 17.00. They are open Sundays, but I've never tried that. Have customer lounge (grubby) with coffee & water & toilet (**).

Services are a headache and I don't look forward to them. 15,000 km due last week (now 15,900), although I've no idea why only 5,000 km between checks. But necessary to keep up the warrenty.

My car is always serviced there. Since I know nothing about cars and trust the guys, it goes in every 5,000 km for service, but guess what: they only do what is on the paper, and don't even mention: BTW, there has been a bit of water leakage from your batterie, and now the contacts are damaged and the steel holding it is almost bitten through, until the car does not start anymore because the battery is dead.

Very sloppy service.

Very bad experience with the garage in question. I have just brought the Mu 7 from a sales person. She called round my house and promised all the extras that go's with it. I had a Nissan 4 door pickup for three years, and thought that this car is just what I am looking for. So I sold my Nissan and put a deposit on the Mu 7. She phoned my wife a few days later and said that she was sorry that most of the extras that she stated are not free and if I wanted them I would have to pay a further 35,000 Baht. Because I sold my old pickup already I still went for the Moo7 without the extras that I was promised

One week later the car arrived and I went to pick it up. On the way back home the steering was shacking at about 80 kph and it was pulling to the left very badly My wife phoned the garage, they said the car was fully checked before it left the showroom and the car is fine, "its the roads in Phuket causing these problems".

Next day my wife phoned again, Okay we will send someone to pick up the car. Two days later a salesperson called round to take the car. That evening the car came back with dust and mud allover it, the two front seats and the mats had black crease marks on them. I took it out for a drive, everything was still the same.

Next day the wife phoned again to complain. Two days later three mechanics called round and asked me to take them for a test drive. Anyway they said that it was normal to pull to the left and the balancing of the wheels was just a little out, so they took the car to balance the wheels and do the tracking, clean the seats a mats and wash the car.

Next day the car was brought back looking nice and clean. It was getting dark when I decided to test drive the car. Balancing was okay, but it now pulled to the right and the lights where not fitted properly because cars kept on flashing me to dip my headlights, but they was already dipped. Anyway the wife was getting a bit p--s-d off by this time, so she phoned the head office in Bangkok to get it sorted out.

Next day two salesman called round to take the car. This time the car came back with the drivers side door not closing properly, the covers missing for the remote controls & the plastic cover for the vanity mirror was broken and one of the headlight bulbs not working. Do you want me to go on?

Forget about paying for a Mu7 the sales assistants are full of it, the mechanics think they know it all, And the management don't give a s--t. I am still driving around with only one headlight four months after I got it because they do not have the time to check it. Buy a Toyota my friends say that they are great .

post-55332-1200230137_thumb.png

Edited by phukethovercraft

Guess you were just unlucky with you MU7. Bought mine 11 months ago, never had a bit of problem with old car trade-in, finance, promised promotional extras, or with the vehicle. I would recommend Anadaman Isuzu without hesitation. EXCEPT that the service department floor area is much much too small.

Just want to balance Hovercraft's viewpoint.... :o

Guess you were just unlucky with you MU7. Bought mine 11 months ago, never had a bit of problem with old car trade-in, finance, promised promotional extras, or with the vehicle. I would recommend Anadaman Isuzu without hesitation. EXCEPT that the service department floor area is much much too small.

Just want to balance Hovercraft's viewpoint.... :o

Biggest problem is a small one to fix. One of the extras which I wanted was these Xenon Headlamps, I should have gone for the roof rack instead of the lights. They will not order a bulb without takeing out the old one and do some sort of test to see why it failed, but sitting around for a few hours in there garage seems unfair. I have been back to them on three occasions and they have asked me to wait as they are to busy to sort it out straightaway. I have taken the car to the showroom @ repair centre on the 402 and they said it needs to go back to the garage where I brought the car from . I cannot book an appointment because they said the removal of the bulb only takes a few minutes.

So when I get a few hours spare time I will go with my packed lunch just incase it takes longer. But in the meantime I will continue to drive the one eyed monster.

post-55332-1200236401.gif

Know only the big IZUZU Service on the way to Airport (near Boat Lagoon)

Excellent, fast, competent !

thanks for all the replies - very helpful. Clearly service is patchy but have also heard horror stories about Toyota main dealer from a friend - though that does not tie in with posting above. We also thought 5000 km service is a little strange at Andaman.

Know only the big IZUZU Service on the way to Airport (near Boat Lagoon)

Excellent, fast, competent !

thanks for all the replies - very helpful. Clearly service is patchy but have also heard horror stories about Toyota main dealer from a friend - though that does not tie in with posting above. We also thought 5000 km service is a little strange at Andaman.

All new Isuzu pick ups have a 5,000 km service check interval, however you can stretch this to 10,000 and the guys will stamp your missed call in as well (my and my friends experience of this)

The 5,000 km seems (?) to only be a visual inspection of oil levels, battery acid, tyre pressures. So they only charge for any top up fluids, and kick the tyres. I'm going in for 15,000 km tomorrow, so will see what they do.

Actually I was thinking about using the big new Isuzu place on the way to the airport as can take Isuzu to any agent, show vehicles card/bar code, swip into computer, and any dealer gets the complete service history of the vehicle. But it's too far from home. If only 1 hour wait then that would be OK.

The 5,000 km seems (?) to only be a visual inspection of oil levels, battery acid, tyre pressures. So they only charge for any top up fluids, and kick the tyres. I'm going in for 15,000 km tomorrow, so will see what they do.

Actually I was thinking about using the big new Isuzu place on the way to the airport as can take Isuzu to any agent, show vehicles card/bar code, swip into computer, and any dealer gets the complete service history of the vehicle. But it's too far from home. If only 1 hour wait then that would be OK.

One hour for a service. This is Thailand mate!

post-55332-1200305670.gif

be there at 9 am and you should not be waiting more than 1 hour (own experience)

be there at 9 am and you should not be waiting more than 1 hour (own experience)

You did not state what the hour spend intails, was it the 5,000 km visual inspection check the oil levels, battery acid, tyre pressures. And kick the tyres. Or was it to change the red number plate over. :o

More details please about a one hour service?

You did not state what the hour spend intails, was it the 5,000 km visual inspection check the oil levels, battery acid, tyre pressures. And kick the tyres. Or was it to change the red number plate over. :o

More details please about a one hour service?

normal 5,000 km service.

changing the red number plate they came to my house 10 min !