If You Found A Condo You Loved...

They dont confiscate property, perhaps in the case of the illegal encroachment in Koh Samui but as a general rule jing thing is right. What they do is revoke your visa for real or imaginary offenses and make you person non grata. In which case, you will lose your property. BUT, because you were smart and lived according to the first rule, losing the property is no big shakes.

My post above wasn't about stealing/confiscating any "present" homes/condos. It was simply asking the question - what happens if they close the doors to future foreign purchase? They could do that - remember it was only a few years back that foreigners couldn't buy anything here - not even condos.

So if that happened again, and you wanted to sell - you'd have only thais to sell to. I think I was pretty clear that I though it was unlikely they'd take away anything you currently (legally) owned!

I have to vote again, absolutely fine to do whatever you want with your spare cash. You can spend it on wine, women or houses in Korat, you can buy a buffalo, open a buffalo hospital, gamble on the SET, smoke it with lunch. You can invest in a gogo bar in Pattaya, you can wear it in baht gold around your neck.

If its extra money you forgot you had, above and beyond anything you might ever need, HAVE AT IT. And best of luck to you.

Some of these posts look like misery loves company. I would NEVER consider it. Why would you want to file tax returns and hire an accountant for a company that does no business. Not to mention the risk involved in having a bogus company. You'll be able to find a unit you can own in your own name if you look around. Maybe even find one you fall in love with.

What they do is revoke your visa for real or imaginary offenses and make you person non grata. In which case, you will lose your property.

i have heard that's what the thai government does every three years. am i right or is this just a rumour?

What they do is revoke your visa for real or imaginary offenses and make you person non grata. In which case, you will lose your property.

i have heard that's what the thai government does every three years. am i right or is this just a rumour?

I have never heard of that happening. Not to say it can't happen but I have never seen it.

Some of these posts look like misery loves company.

Probably true. If you were foolish enough to buy a company condo, you too would be touting what a good idea it was. Someday you might have to sell that condo, assuming your dodgy condo company is still legally recognized.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...