American Falls To Death From 18th Floor Of Condo Building

george

American falls to death from 18th floor of Condo building

BANGKOK: -- An American man fell to his death from his room on the 18th floor of a Bangkok condominium building Monday afternoon, police said.

The naked body of Dhoan Montierth was found near the swimming pool of Pantip Court on Sathorn 1 in Bangkok's Sathorn district at 2 pm.

A security officer of the building told police that he was alerted by the man's girlfriend that he was threatening to jump down from the balcony of his room.

The security officer rushed to the room only to find that the American had already fallen.

Police took the man's girlfriend to the Thung Song Hong police station for questioning.

-- The Nation 2008-01-14

BANGKOK: -- An American man fell to his death from his room on the 18th floor of a Bangkok condominium building Monday afternoon, police said.

So does this mean that a fellow American gets the honor or being the first balcony jumper of the year (even the doubles award for being the first in either Bangkok or Pattaya) :o

What the heck is it with Condos and poor dudes jumping off them?? Are they all broke and in turmoil? Is there foul play?

I think there should be a compulsory anti-suicide courses run for single and married condo buyers out here.

Someone else even said foreigners should have the first three floors set aside for only them, the rest of the floors allocated for the thais. I'm starting to agree with him!

this is not the first case relating to NAKED SUCIDE DEATH

any background check if their having the same thai GF cos it seem like something going on .

every few month we have a sucide death related to some guy jumping off NAKED off their condo

i smell a RAT .

this is not the first case relating to NAKED SUCIDE DEATH

any background check if their having the same thai GF cos it seem like something going on .

every few month we have a sucide death related to some guy jumping off NAKED off their condo

i smell a RAT .

do you think it was after making love and the price was increased dramatically ?,..

The naked body of Dhoan Montierth was found near the swimming pool of Pantip Court on Sathorn 1 in Bangkok's Sathorn district at 2 pm.

A security officer of the building told police that he was alerted by the man's girlfriend that he was threatening to jump down from the balcony of his room.

The security officer rushed to the room only to find that the American had already fallen.

Police took the man's girlfriend to the Thung Song Hong police station for questioning.

-- The Nation 2008-01-14

Is thailand going to enter the guiness book of records for balcony jumpers, i think it may well win,. jeez :o

• 9 months later...

I live on the Soi.

I had talked with the man a few times.

He was nice and polite. He liked to talk about the economy. His little girl was with him each time I saw him.

It is his little girl that makes this so sad. He had a wonderful daughter--about 4 years old.

He was a good father and seemed to care about her very much.

He must have just lost his mind for some reason.

I can assure you that all the people in this area are very shocked.

For the family, I am so sorry. Please take good care of his little girl as I am sure you will.

You know how word travels in Thailand. There are no secrets.

The word I got from people who knew him and saw him every day is that he had been sad for days.

It was about how girlfriend according to them. He had been drinking heavily. He was upset and sad about his girlfriend.

This is very different than the man I had seen just a week before.

This is the story and the police would know this I am sure.

He took his little daughter downstairs to be watched by some Thai workers at his building and he then went up to his room and jumped. How long before he jumped they did not say but they implied it was almost immediately.

I am sad for his daughter and his family.

I am sure the heavy drinking did not help.

I live on the Soi.

I had talked with the man a few times.

He was nice and polite. He liked to talk about the economy. His little girl was with him each time I saw him.

It is his little girl that makes this so sad. He had a wonderful daughter--about 4 years old.

He was a good father and seemed to care about her very much.

He must have just lost his mind for some reason.

I can assure you that all the people in this area are very shocked.

For the family, I am so sorry. Please take good care of his little girl as I am sure you will.

You know how word travels in Thailand. There are no secrets.

The word I got from people who knew him and saw him every day is that he had been sad for days.

It was about how girlfriend according to them. He had been drinking heavily. He was upset and sad about his girlfriend.

This is very different than the man I had seen just a week before.

This is the story and the police would know this I am sure.

He took his little daughter downstairs to be watched by some Thai workers at his building and he then went up to his room and jumped. How long before he jumped they did not say but they implied it was almost immediately.

I am sad for his daughter and his family.

I am sure the heavy drinking did not help.

Although we are all guilty of laughing and taking the pi** at these events... Let's not forget they are tragic stories :D

RIP and god bless his daughter :o

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

I am sadden more than anything for his 4 year old daughter now having to grow up without the support of her Father and not really having a chance to know him. I wish all the best for this little girl and do hope that someone is taking good care of her.

RIP my fellow American but surely no Thai woman is worth tossing yourself over a balcony.

Ever seen the movie "Leaving Las Vegas"? I think lonely alcoholics look at Thailand like the last house on the block... cheap booze and sex... and when that doesn't seem to work either.... goodbye cruel world. It is sooooo sad but that is the world of addiction. Many people choose death over recovery which baffles me. I have been sober for many years ... and I know the alcoholic hel_l that people go through ..... to the point they wish for the end......

Ever seen the movie "Leaving Las Vegas"? I think lonely alcoholics look at Thailand like the last house on the block... cheap booze and sex... and when that doesn't seem to work either.... goodbye cruel world. It is sooooo sad but that is the world of addiction. Many people choose death over recovery which baffles me. I have been sober for many years ... and I know the alcoholic hel_l that people go through ..... to the point they wish for the end......

Not sure its an alcohol thing mate, hundreds of Japanese take the dive every year with or with booze

Methinks that, under the circumstances, however difficult they might have been, there may be a penalty for taking the easy way out like this, assuming that is the case, especially when one has immediate obligations to tend to (i.e. mouths to feed).

But, of course, the alcohol, being the depressant drug that it is, had to have played an important role in this tragedy (or was it the insurance money?)

Methinks that, under the circumstances, however difficult they might have been, there may be a penalty for taking the easy way out like this, assuming that is the case, especially when one has immediate obligations to tend to (i.e. mouths to feed).

But, of course, the alcohol, being the depressant drug that it is, had to have played an important role in this tragedy (or was it the insurance money?)

You don't get insurance for Suicide