The Tattoo Thread - Western Names In Thai Script

meadish_sweetball

because I like the Thai writing so much , I am thinking of having a tatoo in thai. so I woul'd like to have the following names translated in thai please,

Roger and Naomi

thanx :o in advance

Sandra

Roger:

รอเจ้อร์

Naomi:

นะโอะมิ

because I like the Thai writing so much , I am thinking of having a tatoo in thai. so I woul'd like to have the following names translated in thai please,

Roger and Naomi

thanx :o in advance

Sandra

Roger:

รอเจ้อร์

Naomi:

นะโอะมิ

I hope you don't mind me making a little change on your transliteration to the way how Thai people would write these names.

Roger - โรเจอร์

Naomi - นาโอมิ

Roger and Naomi

thanx :D in advance

Sandra

Roger:

รอเจ้อร์

Naomi:

นะโอะมิ

I hope you don't mind me making a little change on your transliteration to the way how Thai people would write these names.

Roger - โรเจอร์

Naomi - นาโอมิ

not at all, yesterday I found the paper where I wrote roger's name on the way they did in thailand, and it is written like this too . thanx! :o

Hello! Would someone be kind enough to tell me what the thai script is for either one or both of the following name and phrase? Thank you so much! :o

"Catherine"

"Live this day as it could be your last."

Catherine - แคทเธอรีน

Live this day as it would be your last - ใช้ชีวิตเหมือนกับว่าทุกวันเป็นวันสุดท้าย or maybe just ใช้ชีวิตให้เต็มที่ (use life to the fullest)

• 2 weeks later...
รูบิ เมวิฃ (Ruby Mavis)

อ็อนวอด์ฃ (onwards)

For my guess (presume you wanted Onwards transliterated, not translated?)

I suggest รูบิ เมวิฃ for Ruby Mavis, because if you use "sara ee" it sounds like Rubee, doesn't it?

And a wouldn't hurt: รูบิ เมวิฃ

Anyway, we should also note in passing that a Thai person will instinctively read the last name Mavit, since all S's sound like T at the end of a word. So, if we wanted to split hairs, for an accurate transliteration respectful of the phonetics we could consider something like a silenced extra letter after the S:

รูบิ เมวิฃท์

What do you think?

Hey, this website is awesome :D glad I stumbled upon it!

Any chance someone could let me know what Nils would be in Thai script? Don't know how easy that would be with it not being an English name :o

Thanks!! x

Straightforward transliteration:

นิลซ

ฺBut again, a Thai will be tempted to read NIL(a)T...

รูบิ เมวิฃ (Ruby Mavis)

อ็อนวอด์ฃ (onwards)

I suggest รูบิ เมวิฃ for Ruby Mavis, because if you use "sara ee" it sounds like Rubee, doesn't it?

And a wouldn't hurt: รูบิ เมวิฃ

Anyway, we should also note in passing that a Thai person will instinctively read the last name Mavit, since all S's sound like T at the end of a word. So, if we wanted to split hairs, for an accurate transliteration respectful of the phonetics we could consider something like a silenced extra letter after the S:

รูบิ เมวิฃท์

What do you think?

รูบี เมวิฃ (Ruby Mavis)

อ็อนวอด์ฃ (onwards)

CORRECTION:

instead of the (thanks to D.H. for correcting this), hence

รูบิ เมวิซ for Ruby Mavis

And while I'm at it,

มาร์โ็คะ for Marco works better, since the Mai Thaiku cannot be used for "sara oh"

Edited by JosephGavon

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to those helping out on this topic, it really gives some piece of mind for those of us looking to get accurate tattoos.

Could someone give me some help with

Ben

Benjamin

Cheryl

Cheers, Ben.

• 2 weeks later...
A great thread and thanks to the contributors.

Can you help with the following please:

Alex - อเล็กซ์

Darren - ดาร์เรน

08-02-2001 - 8 กุมภาพันธ์ 2544 (or 08-02-2001in Thai number - ๐๘-๐๒-๒๐๐๑)

Just Do It - แค่ทำซะ

What's Next? - แล้วไงต่อ

Thanks in advance.

Edited by yoot

Great thread! And, what about "Shaun"?

Hi,

This is going to get exhausting for the people that know Thai but can you tell me how to write

Judy - จูดี้

Dave - เดฟ

1998 - 2541 (or 1998 in Thai number - ๑๙๙๘)

Krystal - คริสตอล

please

Thanks to those helping out on this topic, it really gives some piece of mind for those of us looking to get accurate tattoos.

Could someone give me some help with

Ben - เบน

Benjamin - เบนจามิน

Cheryl - เชอริล

Cheers, Ben.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone please confirm what these are:

แม่แรง

ก่อกวน

แม่แรง - I suppose it's a technical term, referred to a type of lift, (i.e. hydraulic lift used in autoservice etc.) or some other device, with scimilar function of lifting or pushing something.

ก่อกวน - disturb, annoy

Edited by Barabbas

I need not a name but a concept.

"Twin Sisters", i.e. female twins, etc.

Is there such a thing in Thai language? My GF seems to not be able to define it.

Thanks.

There is certainly such a thing. For a quick description I came up with ฝาแฝดหญิง / คู่แฝดหญิง

Can someone help me to translate my name in Thai.

Name: Johnny De Vito

Thx

This should work:

จอนนี่ เดะ วิโตะ

Although more often than not, Thai transliteration done by Thais is quite "tailor made", and might differ from person to person.

Can someone please confirm what these are:

แม่แรง

ก่อกวน

แม่แรง - I suppose it's a technical term, referred to a type of lift, (i.e. hydraulic lift used in autoservice etc.) or some other device, with scimilar function of lifting or pushing something.

ก่อกวน - disturb, annoy

So I was sort of correct.

I am looking for Jack and Harry..!!

Can someone please tell me how to write the name Gun in Thai script as well as the words love and forever.

Thank you so much in advance!

กัณ Gun (This one could be done a lot of different ways. Is the pronunciation that of gun the firearm? I used ณ instead of น just to avoid a common Thai word.)

รัก (verb) / ความรัก (noun) love

นิรันดร์ forever

Can someone please tell me how to write the name Gun in Thai script as well as the words love and forever.

กัณ Gun (This one could be done a lot of different ways. Is the pronunciation that of gun the firearm? I used ณ instead of น just to avoid a common Thai word.)

นิรันดร์ forever

Yes, you pronounce his name like the firearm. He told me it was actually a common name in Thailand? He grew up there but moved to the US. Thank you :o

นิรันดร์ forever

Yes, you pronounce his name like the firearm. He told me it was actually a common name in Thailand? He grew up there but moved to the US. Thank you :o

OK, then it's most likely this: กันต์

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could translate this to correct Thai:

Be yourself; no base imitator of another, but your best self

and

Immortality will come to such as are fit for it

I do realize that it might be quite difficult, but I appreciate any help at all.

I would want it translated so it actually makes sense in Thai.

Thank you