British Citizenship - Checking Service

Hi Guys

Just trying to sort out my wifes British Citizenship application, have just seen a checking service is available from local councils - my nearest is Cardiff.

Was just wandering if we go through this checking does it mean that my wife gets to keep hold hold of her passport while her application is determined? If so does that mean she is entitled to go on a weekend european break or any other holiday while the application is still going through?

If so means i can pre-book a little holiday!!!!!

Thanks

Chris

Was just wandering if we go through this checking does it mean that my wife gets to keep hold hold of her passport while her application is determined? If so does that mean she is entitled to go on a weekend european break or any other holiday while the application is still going through?

From Nationality checking service:

The local authority will also photocopy and certify any valuable documents such as your passport. Your valuable documents will be returned and you will not need to send them to us. You must take the original documents with you to the local authority; photocopies are not acceptable.