My Last Option

hello to you all again.

i'm trying now for a cople off months to uptain a multi entry visa for thailand.

because i am to young (27) and i live in belgium my options are... as you told me in the beginning... nihill.

now because i am such an ass and refuse to give up i will do the onthinkable for people that know me, and i will give marriage a shot.

i have a gf in thailand and we talked and came to a dicision off marriage.

because it is a big step and i don't want to make tomany stupid mistakes, i will come bore you guy's with some stupid questions.

i hope you can forgive me on a time. :o

i will return to thailand in april stay for as long as i can. (max. 180 days iff i'm right).

my questions are...

1. iff i go now for 6 months can i go back in the 7th month on a 30 day stay stamp to marry her.

2. what documents do i need to marry her in thailand.

3. iff we are marryed and... you never know... we divorce after... how about my property i buy in thailand or my money. is there a safe way to marry in thailand so that all my money and property's stay mine when divorce and her's stay from her.

4. i will not work in thailand i have an income off over 35000 baht and savings. ( i'm not sure you need to know nr4 but just incase.)

thank you......

1. You don't say how you plan to live here six months but if on tourist visas there is no problem getting married on a 30 day exempt stamp and visa entry does not count against the 90 day limit in six month period.

2. Paper from your Embassy that you are single and free to marry - it will be what your Embassy requires to issue that paper.

3. Anything obtained during marriage is joint property by law.

4. To stay in Thailand will require confirmed income of 40k per month - without that only 90 day visa entry will be allowed.

hello to you all again.

i'm trying now for a cople off months to uptain a multi entry visa for thailand.

because i am to young (27) and i live in belgium my options are... as you told me in the beginning... nihill.

now because i am such an ass and refuse to give up i will do the onthinkable for people that know me, and i will give marriage a shot.

i have a gf in thailand and we talked and came to a dicision off marriage.

because it is a big step and i don't want to make tomany stupid mistakes, i will come bore you guy's with some stupid questions.

i hope you can forgive me on a time. :o

i will return to thailand in april stay for as long as i can. (max. 180 days iff i'm right).

my questions are...

1. iff i go now for 6 months can i go back in the 7th month on a 30 day stay stamp to marry her.

2. what documents do i need to marry her in thailand.

3. iff we are marryed and... you never know... we divorce after... how about my property i buy in thailand or my money. is there a safe way to marry in thailand so that all my money and property's stay mine when divorce and her's stay from her.

4. i will not work in thailand i have an income off over 35000 baht and savings. ( i'm not sure you need to know nr4 but just incase.)

thank you......

Hi Dennis,

fellow Belgian inhabitant :D

could reply in Dutch or French (and a bit of German) but i'll keep it in English :D

What are you doing right now in Belgium ?

Why you want to live in Thailand ? You could marry your GF in Belgium (yes, it's difficult, I did it also... frustrating)

You are aware that Thailand is great for people over 50, with or without a child.

Or if you are so lucky that you can get a WP from a Thai or international company. (some rulez about having 4 Thai people working in the company for every farang, plus having a registered capital of 2 M baht (+- 40.000 euro) ...

or If you would be so lucky to be super rich... and could prove, by living in Thailand that you by miracle would get 40.000 baht from a Belgian company in Belgium, without doing nothing to support a Spouse visa ...

Belgium also has great benefits, free education, good social security, unemployment money, OCWM (Belgian people know what this is)

All this is non existing here in Thailand...

now I will just try to answer some of your questions, answers might differ in quality ... just speaking as a Belgian co-inhabitant and personel experience

1. if you plan to marry your girl here in Thailand or Belgium, BE PREPARED, you need a lot of documents, you first can start to check in your town hall (gemeente) but if they are not familiar... beware, as they do not seem to know the whole procedure ... you need a lot of papers, official, Birth certificate, bewijs van woonst, bewijs van inkomen, certified by the mayor of your town, proof you never had been married or are not at the moment.... have to go to foreing affairs, have to get them legislated, before you come here... as your belgian embassy will not provide you if you don't offiicialy live here...

2. check town hall and foreign affairs in Brussels

3. divorce = you lose everything...you don't have right to buy land anyway, only lease land for 3O years, so it will probably end up all on her name (gf) anyway... or buy a condo to start with ... but as buying property is no guaranty anymore to get a visa ... marry with a contract, my wife says and have a separated bank account... could help...

4. you will need at least 40.000 baht per month if you want a shot of staying here on a spouse supporting visa ... some company pay you 35.OOO baht for nothing, I would like to get in touch with that one asap :D

hope to be some kind of help

other members will surely provide you more info

maybe see you soon in Thailand?

residing in Bangkok myself since a few months

I just got married a few weeks ago. I'm 27 myself and the info Lopburi3 gives is good. You will also not have to leave Thailand to apply for a Non-O, if you have enough time left, on your current visa, to do a conversion in Bangkok. I did it myself last week.

Don't worry about losing everything if you get divorced. Most things, except land, can be put in your name. Thailand has quite fair divorce laws, anything you accumulate during marriage is split 50/50 when you divorce.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do. But make sure you are not just marrying for the visa. I lived with my wife for a year and a half (dated for 2 years) before we decided to tie the knot. And that is even considered quite a short time to most people.

have you considered enrolling at a school to study the Thai language? One of the forum sponsors ( Walen ) advertise a one year course for 29,500 Baht, you can get a one year ED visa for this purpose, that's a lot cheaper than getting married and divorced and if you wish to live in Thailand, learning the language would be a major advantage.

have you considered enrolling at a school to study the Thai language? One of the forum sponsors ( Walen ) advertise a one year course for 29,500 Baht, you can get a one year ED visa for this purpose, that's a lot cheaper than getting married and divorced and if you wish to live in Thailand, learning the language would be a major advantage.

if some members of Thaivisa enrolled in this school , i would like to hear your comments

as also needed to learn the local language pretty soon ...

have you considered enrolling at a school to study the Thai language? One of the forum sponsors ( Walen ) advertise a one year course for 29,500 Baht, you can get a one year ED visa for this purpose...

From this other topic I understand that there are two visa options when studying Thai at a private school:

1. A multiple-entry non-Ed visa valid for one year. With this visa, the student has to make a border run every 90 days.

2. A single-entry non-Ed visa and extensions of stay for 90 days at a time as long as the student continues his studies.

--

Maestro