Where To Get Laptop Cleaned

girlx

I did it yesterday... on the 2nd floor, behind the food court and next to where they sell movies and software DVDs, there is a small stall that says Notebook Repair. The guy is Mr. Issariya 081-550-9395, he cleaned mine for 1000b.

I did it yesterday... on the 2nd floor, behind the food court and next to where they sell movies and software DVDs, there is a small stall that says Notebook Repair. The guy is Mr. Issariya 081-550-9395, he cleaned mine for 1000b.

1000 Baht ????

wow what a rip-off !!!!!

:o

1000 Baht ????

wow what a rip-off !!!!!

:o

yeah really. Get some compressed air, wrist ground strap to prevent damaging shocks, necessary little screwdrivers or torx and a little can of electronic contact cleaner and have a go yourself. Many laptop models have disassembly guides online. Just google your model. I found a number of very helpful guides for the MacBook Pro and took mine apart to service the fans and clean things up... Good thing to know anyway.

Whether or not 1000 BHT is a rip off depends on

- Can you find it cheaper elsewhere?

- Do you really enjoy taking apart your laptop?

- Would you rather spend 1000 BHT and have somebody else deal with it?

I am certainly in the "I'd rather spend 1000 BHT" camp on this one.

I have taken apart my MacBook Pro before, it was not a particularly enjoyable experience. It took a long time, and there was a frightening cracking when taking off the top lid. Perfectly normal, but if you do it the first time and it sounds like you have snapped something off, it's not nice :o

From now on it's off to the service center with it, they do it for 800 baht and turnaround of 1/2 day.