English Food Menu

FarangCravings

I understand the LARD and health issues and Yes the old style chippies use lard as it produces the best tasting chips with the exception of beef dripping and yes it seems that is it tastes good someone somewhere will say its bad for your health.

Its not the odd chip cooked in fat that will kill you the real killer is SUGAR and addatives thats why the world has the health problems it has SUGAR is the root of all eveil and you just try to go shopping anf find a product that does not have sugar in it ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE

moderation is the key It will not be difficult to have a vegetable oil pot for cooking chips in for those that are health conceous me I'll take the lard everytime :o

Where can I try those YORKIE sausages where can I buy if they are the Bee's knees and taste the best thats what I am looking for

so any directions where I can buy and try would be appreciated

thanks

I understand the LARD and health issues and Yes the old style chippies use lard as it produces the best tasting chips with the exception of beef dripping and yes it seems that is it tastes good someone somewhere will say its bad for your health.

Its not the odd chip cooked in fat that will kill you the real killer is SUGAR and addatives thats why the world has the health problems it has SUGAR is the root of all eveil and you just try to go shopping anf find a product that does not have sugar in it ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE

moderation is the key It will not be difficult to have a vegetable oil pot for cooking chips in for those that are health conceous me I'll take the lard everytime :o

Where can I try those YORKIE sausages where can I buy if they are the Bee's knees and taste the best thats what I am looking for

so any directions where I can buy and try would be appreciated

thanks

I thought that the best chips these days used some sort of nut oil?

Yorkie's meat products are retailed by Rimping.

I think I am correct in saying that Yorkies is based in Pattaya where they have a restaurant and that they air freight their meat-stuffs around the country by the kilo (not cheap - hence the scarcity on most menus).

JxP

Thanks i will pass by Rimping on the way home and pick some up

yes in the Uk they use ground nut oil for cooking chips but it does not give the old taste like lard a few chippies in the UK still use Dripping and lard but thay are now considered gourmet chip shops (I know I laughed too when i saw the ad) they market themselves as real fish and chips with the taste of the old days

thanks for the sausage info i will check it out

roast chicken breast, chips, peas and gravy

egg, chips, sausage and baked beans

chicken pie, mash potatoes and gravy

roast beef, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes cabbage

apple pie and custard

rhubarb crumble with icecream

the sausages have to be real pork sausages, good quality, and the chips fresh chunky deep fried.

It's great that you want to keep the food competitive, I don't mind paying a bit extra if I know that the ingrediants are fresh, home made, real pork so on..

Good luck x

Evening All! Newbie here.....

CC looks like you're quoting straight from my new menu, what's that they say about two great minds? Or should it be two great tastes!!

GQ

Evening All! Newbie here.....

CC looks like you're quoting straight from my new menu, what's that they say about two great minds? Or should it be two great tastes!!

GQ

Nice to see you here GQ, I have to say that your full monty breakfast is awesome even if the bangers are not Yorkies :o - I'm still working up a big enough appetite to deal with it again sometime!

JxP