Chiang Mai To Go Smoke Free Next Month

mobs00

Chiang Mai and the rest of Thailand will be smoke free from February 17 of next month. I know there were some questions on whether this will be enforced or not so I contacted someone whose word I hold as law and they told me Chiang Mai will in fact be enforcing this law. That means no smoking in enclosed, air conditioned bars, restaurants or any other place of work. I’m not exactly sure how strict they will be on who they target but the fines are 2000 baht for the smoker and 20000 baht for the establishment.

Chiang Mai and the rest of Thailand will be smoke free from February 17 of next month. I know there were some questions on whether this will be enforced or not so I contacted someone whose word I hold as law and they told me Chiang Mai will in fact be enforcing this law. That means no smoking in enclosed, air conditioned bars, restaurants or any other place of work. I’m not exactly sure how strict they will be on who they target but the fines are 2000 baht for the smoker and 20000 baht for the establishment.

:o:D

here i am posting on our dear mob thread .. seem like his thread have this effect on me that i can't resit to make a post on it .

i do welcome the news . i did quit smoking almost 6 years ago . after smoking for about 10 years

i'm a regular 2-3 packer . usually marbrolo , but later i change to davidoff which i most prefer .

let look at it this way .

AIR con place no smoking . -- seem like extra income for many people here ,

since this news really target SMoker ,

my suggestion is

dear Smoker . be smart , if you want to smoke ,

No smoking is notthing new in singapore . which had well enforced it like some 10 years ago .

most shop if their customer do smoke . i believe a chocie of paying under table to make sure customer are allow to smoke .

i really don't get it sometime .

all this rule and law , and restriction , where is our basic right of choice ?

well yes yes yes smoking is bad this and that .

what about those of us who don't mind smoker .

not that anyone in my family smoke now . in fact one of my uncle die from lung cancer . which is supposing cause by smoking .

i think some where in the past thread i did say something about -- exhust from cars is maybe 100 times worst then smoke from ciggi

but the very fact that - transported is much needed . all had turn to a blind eyes on it ..

why not we impose a NO DRIVING ZONE in chiangmai . whahahhahahahahahahha

driver get fine 2000 baht ..

i take interest in the POSTER keen interest in keeping chiangmai clear , and fresh air and his keen update on the lastest AIR related post , buring of rubbish , exhust fume , smoking , not to forget LAo kao drinker .

some years ago . i enjoy myself relaying news and topic i see from online news , for a simple fact . that i don't have much topic to talk about , reading current news. seem to be a great pass time for me .

but now , i have so much to reply on multi forum as i improve my english . and also at the same time . express how i feel online not the best way but is fun really .

well seem our OP seem to have this great needs for Super fresh air ..

here some personal - advice ,

or rather some of my FAv fresh air spot for you .

i not trying to tease you , , get your family or yourself .. if you do ride a bike , ride up Doi suthep , go to Doi pui , and try to get direction to this place call Chang keang , there is a coffee plantation there . which sever the best coffee i drink in chiangmai , i visited the place like once a years , there is no 7-11 there, and the day get dark really fast ,

But trust me . i love that place is my getaway from the city .

there have like 4-5 wooden huts. for rent at about 150 baht , no hot water , and only LPG run lamp ,

freshest air i ever breath was there , serious no joking check it out if you are really that into fresh air . you will be addicted ,

second best place will be japan my visit to the Fuji mt , and the hot spring , had been one of the better taste of the great fresh air exp .

imposing Fine and restriction is not the answer to . better lifestyle . good education and common sence work better .

after all . we share one world , co-existen is the key.

keep up the good work . what hobby do you have ?

Come next month there will be so much smoke over Chiangmai that it ain't gonna matter too much.

It's bad even now. I was on an upper floor of one the hospitals a day or so back and the haze was bad, you could hardly see Doi Suthep let alone the temple.

I understand that the burning off of rice stubble is also illegal but do you think that it makes any difference. :o

Edited by john b good

O thank god, I noticed in warmup that the amount of smokers has quintupled in the last 6 months. Tons of girls just holding lit cigarettes and not smoking, all for the image... I hope it holds, If it does I would gladly point out a problem to a staff member and let the fines roll out, with those 2000B fines they could have bought a bottle of swing to show status instead :o

Hey Ta22, I got some pertinent information and was just passing it along. I know you have a h.rd on for me but this child like animosity is really getting old. This ban affects most people here, as I myself go to bars and some of us also own a bar and I am sure people would not like to be fined for "breaking the law".

Dear Mobs00 please don't think too highly of yourself i am not on you like trying to step on an ant ,

i am just expressing my view ..

so you are free to express yourself ..

so please don't think i am trying to piss you off cos seriously i am really enjoying my happiest moment in my life and kinda busy with my up coming wedding . :o

this is just a finger work out :D

so i just bascially type HOW I personally feel ..

if you can't digest . i am sorry for you .. is a OPen forum ..

and what ever i said i feel so and think so and do so .

i'm sorry if you are mad at me for my reply -

next time round if we do meet up let me buy you a beer :D

Edited by Ta22