Best Variety Hotel Breakfast Buffets

Heng

Going to start waking up a little earlier (before 11am) and am looking for fairly decent variety hotel breakfast buffets. More concerned with variety and quality than cost.

Recommedations here or via PM would be much appreciated.

:o

A good breakfast can sober you up .I like the one at the Lek Hotel 2 nd Road ,110 baht .

You can also try the B110 breakfast at the Apex Hotel which is down the street from the Lek or the Diana Hotel which I think is a bit nicer. In all these places you certainly get a big varielty but not quality. For that try the buffet breakfast at the Marriott.

the apex will do more than make you sober up...more like chuck up.

Lek is indifferent.

Not a buffet but......i used to like the "Thai breakfast at Flipper Lodge and at the Pink Lady either in Big C or on beach road.

The Continental Bakery near Chaiyaboom (round the corner from C/Tales) does a good variety...a little pricey but good bread and clean!

On Naklua Road we got the following great places...

Premiereship Football, just after the roundabout, open 24h, got everything in english/german breakfast, BIG plates and great food!

Bon Cafe, opposite Soi 18, nice healthy breakfast and great coffee

Taverna, opposite Bon Cafe, good breakfast, American, German, English

Mantra Brunch, Mantra restaurant at the start of Beachroad, only on sunday, pricy but grrrreat food! It dosnt get much better than this.

I second the Lek Hotel for breakfast buffet. They really have a good spread, with good variety 110B.

Slightly less variety, but still very good value is the Diana Hotel breakfast buffet 110B. They make your eggs and omlettes in front of you while you wait, however you like it.

There's a new buffet on Soi 8 at the new hotel that just opened up last month. I'll check the name again, but I think it's the "Eastly Hotel"...it's on the north side of Soi 8 about half way down.

Very nice buffet with good variety at 120 baht. 7am - 12 noon. The seating arrangement is pleasant in open-air style.

Fresh eggs, omeletes and bacon are cooked to order.

The dinner buffet there is also very respectable at 190 baht.

I've only ever tried Apex once...that was enough, but this new buffet gets me in at least twice a week.

Edited by tropo

There's a new buffet on Soi 8 at the new hotel that just opened up last month. I'll check the name again, but I think it's the "Eastly Hotel"...it's on the north side of Soi 8 about half way down.

Very nice buffet with good variety at 120 baht. 7am - 12 noon. The seating arrangement is pleasant in open-air style.

Fresh eggs, omeletes and bacon are cooked to order.

The dinner buffet there is also very respectable at 190 baht.

I've only ever tried Apex once...that was enough, but this new buffet gets me in at least twice a week.

A late edit:

The Hotel is "EASTINY PLAZA"

• 5 months later...

The Century park hotel (near victory monument) has an outstanding American or Thai breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage (not hot dogs), french toast, rolls, butter pasteries, coffee, tea, milk, juice cereal, toast,even a ham carving station. There is much more i left out but the breakfast is included in the room rate at $78.00 as of 7/18/08 courtesy of planet holiday.

I used to like the place in Soi Post office next to the Laundy ...

You could whack in the old "dobi" while scoffing breaki ( including T and toast.)..and read the local rags including week old suns/mirrors/telegraphs and all for 28 bt....but ....assuming its still there may have gone up...or out... :o

• 9 months later...
The Century park hotel (near victory monument) has an outstanding American or Thai breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage (not hot dogs), french toast, rolls, butter pasteries, coffee, tea, milk, juice cereal, toast,even a ham carving station. There is much more i left out but the breakfast is included in the room rate at $78.00 as of 7/18/08 courtesy of planet holiday.

Is that the same Victory Monument as in Bangkok?

Thats dead handy for the Pattaya guys. " Alright chaps! Whose up for a quick stroll to Bangers for brekkie?"

I second the Lek Hotel for breakfast buffet. They really have a good spread, with good variety 110B.

Slightly less variety, but still very good value is the Diana Hotel breakfast buffet 110B. They make your eggs and omelettes in front of you while you wait, however you like it.

I've never eaten at the Lek, but was back in Pattaya in Feb and tried the Apex which was good before, but they really cut back on their food items, and quality, but the price remains the same. Their are really no good cheap Buffets left in Pattaya. Henry J Beans on Sunday, Pattaya City Expats Club, for 165 Baht, not bad, but few items for the price.

Barry