Flowers In Bkk

siddv

Can anyone recommend a good florist in BKK to send flowers to someone going into the hospital next week. I know there are many websites but hoping to get a good recommendation of satisfaction. Thanks

Can anyone recommend a good florist in BKK to send flowers to someone going into the hospital next week. I know there are many websites but hoping to get a good recommendation of satisfaction. Thanks

the florist on Convent Road in Silom, very good and should be able to help you.

Thai Visa has a sponsor, which is a flower company, called something like 'forever flowers thailand'. Check with admin, they will confirm their name and website.

I used them last week to send flowers to my mother in UK, they were extremely competent.

Be careful some of the flower websites are complete rip offs

I concur. The flower shop on Soi Convent across from Molly Malone's is great. I've used them many times over the years for both local and international transactions. Locally I find them a bit expensive but great arrangements and always delivered very quickly.

I have a bit of a different take. Many of the flower shops in BKK are quite expensive, and ones that actually advertise are ridiculously expensive – though I must admit I have not been to the once mentioned above.

If you have any Thai friends or staff, I would suggest going to one of them and asking for a really small flower shops and using a motorcycle delivery. Even on Valentine’s Day, you can get a dozen roses (good ones, not the crap the flower girls sell) for very cheap (under 1,000 Baht) and then pay less than 50 baht to have them delivered. You just need to find these places.

Thai Visa has a sponsor, which is a flower company, called something like 'forever flowers thailand'. Check with admin, they will confirm their name and website.

I used them last week to send flowers to my mother in UK, they were extremely competent.

Be careful some of the flower websites are complete rip offs

http://flowers.thaivisa.com

If you have any Thai friends or staff, I would suggest going to one of them and asking for a really small flower shops and using a motorcycle delivery. Even on Valentine’s Day, you can get a dozen roses (good ones, not the crap the flower girls sell) for very cheap (under 1,000 Baht) and then pay less than 50 baht to have them delivered. You just need to find these places.

Very cheap??? Few years ago I visited a flower market in Bangkok (near Chinatown) and for about 100 baht you would have ben able to get a dozen orchids or a huge bouquet (at least 20-30) of roses. Maybe prices are now higher and maybe they are significantly higher on a valentine day, but 1000 baht for dozen roses still seems to be very expensive.

Very cheap??? Few years ago I visited a flower market in Bangkok (near Chinatown) and for about 100 baht you would have ben able to get a dozen orchids or a huge bouquet (at least 20-30) of roses. Maybe prices are now higher and maybe they are significantly higher on a valentine day, but 1000 baht for dozen roses still seems to be very expensive.

1000 baht for a dozen, is very cheap for Valentines day. Normally selling at 500 baht for ONE in Bangkok :o

Ok thanks for your suggestions. I'm in the USA and have a friend going into the hospital (affiliated with a dental medical school near the Paragon) Monday. I really have no choice but to use use one to the florists advertised on the internet. Thanks for you help.

Posted recommendations sent me to the florist on Soi Convent. A pleasant woman assisted me. "How much are roses?" Holding up 4 fingers, she replied, "40 baht per stem." I asked for a dozen and, when we got to the cash register, she said, "That will be 960 baht." In less than one minute, she doubled the price of the roses. No thanks, sweetheart.

Edited by backflip

If you're still looking for a florist, take a look at www.asokeflorist.com. I've sent flowers through them before and was completely satisfied with the result. This florist took the time to listen to what you want (fluent english) which was nice, with competitvie pricing as well. Not sure if they've up their prices for Valentines day yet tho' it still looks pretty cheap for Valentine's day. :o

Cheers! :D

Edited by dannyfromlondon

Thanks for all the recommendations. I ultimately went with asokeflorist.com The flowers were a big hit and the service was very satisfactory. I called the number on the website from the US and talked to the florist who spoke pretty good English . I might add the prices on the website were very reasonable compared to others. Then later after we spoke I received an email from her assistant and we eventually discussed everything on yahoo messenger live real time. Thanks.

Edited by siddv

• 3 weeks later...

I just used Asokeflorist.com for Valentine's Day. Web site is easy to use and when I called to confirm I had no problem communicating with the staff. Price was decent for Valentine's Day and delivery was right on time as requested. Will use them again.

On the street you can find very good florist with decent prices also. Location is about 5-10 meters from Villamarket near Emporium, you can't miss it. I think Sukhumvit Soi 31 is the nearest Soi there. Take BTS to Phrom Phong and walk towards Asok for about 200meters.

• 3 months later...

I have found the flower shops in Thailand to be quite varied in prices. There are some that offer flowers and bouquets at quite good rates and others that are extremely expensive.

Personally I have only used this florist that offers flowers for delivery to Thailand and lots of other countries. My friend who got the flowers really liked them and prices were also fine. I can recommend that one!