I've Discovered The Ultimate Hamburger In Chiang Mai

damian5000

The Great CM Burger Poll  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole week without burger nonsense.. What's going on!! The forum isn't complete without a burger related thread on the first page!

I take it then that the poll is finished up?

Pleased to see that khao soi ended up as the overall winner over the highest rated burger joint. :o

Edited by sriracha john

Not done yet. And not reporting on 'the ultimate', but a darned decent, juice-runs-down-the-side-of-your-hand burger at Kinlen beside the new Rimping over by Airport Plaza. It's a decent burger that I liked quite a bit. I wish they hadn't put so much mayo stuff on the bottom half - not my style - but after scraping that off and adding sufficient pools of ketchup to top n bottom, it was a darned good bite to eat. Would even go again. I believe it was 90 baht. Atmosphere not the best for burgers, but if stuck in the area and wanting to grab a bite n sit with friends...it's the right thing to do.

The forum isn't complete without a burger related thread on the first page!

Pleased to see that khao soi ended up as the overall winner over the highest rated burger joint.

Actually, khao soi was not on this poll at all, but there is a khow soi thread on the Chiang Mai forum. The burger thread has been on TV for a longer period of time, but most of the posts and votes take place during the first week or so, so there shouldn't be much difference. Let's see how khoa soi really did compared to burgers. :o

Burgers

8 pages

186 posts

95 votes

Khao Soi

3 pages

65 posts

26 votes

Burgers win by a landslide! :D

Pleased to see that khao soi ended up as the overall winner over the highest rated burger joint.

Actually, khao soi was not on this poll at all, but there is a khow soi thread on the Chiang Mai forum. The burger thread has been on TV for a longer period of time, but most of the posts and votes take place during the first week or so, so there shouldn't be much difference. Let's see how khoa soi really did compared to burgers. :o

Burgers

8 pages

186 posts

95 votes

Khao Soi

3 pages

65 posts

26 votes

Let me rephrase this: burgers win by a mudslide.

Burgers

8 pages

186 posts

95 votes

Khao Soi

3 pages

65 posts

26 votes

and yet Burgers can't even win in its OWN poll in its OWN thread.

Pleased to see that khao soi ended up as the overall winner over the highest rated burger joint. :D

Don't count your chickens just yet SRJ ...It's not over till the fat lady sings, or in this case till Loi Crow Boy gets all in a dither, and closes it. The votes are still trickling in :o

Pleased to see that khao soi ended up as the overall winner over the highest rated burger joint. :D

Don't count your chickens just yet SRJ ...It's not over till the fat lady sings, or in this case till Loi Crow Boy gets all in a dither, and closes it. The votes are still trickling in :o

True...so I'm outta here... but great to see that khao soi won.

There's hope for some in Chiang Mai yet.

...and is populated by people who actually prefer having "Thai" food while residing in "Thai"land.

Anyway, the poll speaks for itself, whether it's khao soi, or any other non-burger item, the truth is most people aren't, as per the poll states, "fixated" on burgers.

Have a nice day, Chiang Mai. You're a nice place in spite of a few of your residents.

Edited by sriracha john

Sriracha John! Speaking of the native foods, I once made a pilgrimage to Sri Racha in search of the ultimate Hoy Tawt and the best Sri Racha sauce to go with it. Turned out to be a bit of wild goose chase though, I did end up having a couple good ones. One place named for the lady - Aunty So n So's, but in Thai 'Ba So n So's,' then one at a talaat kind of around the corner too as night came. You know where I'm talking about ?

I've got a pic to dig up later and attach to really throw the thread off.

'sriracha john' post='1846361' date='2008-02-29 15:44:56'

Anyway, the poll speaks for itself

Yes it does, and we have all the proof we need on this thread that white folks from Sriracha can't read and the rest are Thais and probably don't eat a lot of khao soi or burgers and could care less about both. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Sriracha John! Speaking of the native foods, I once made a pilgrimage to Sri Racha in search of the ultimate Hoy Tawt and the best Sri Racha sauce to go with it. Turned out to be a bit of wild goose chase though, I did end up having a couple good ones. One place named for the lady - Aunty So n So's, but in Thai 'Ba So n So's,' then one at a talaat kind of around the corner too as night came. You know where I'm talking about ?

I've got a pic to dig up later and attach to really throw the thread off.

Please submit a photo if you have one... it'd be more descriptive and yes, we have the best seafood in all of Thailand... with the sauces to go with it.

The khao tom talay sriracha is practically a cure for cancer.

There's no non-franchised burger joints, however, but at least that keeps the rift-raft out of town.

Edited by sriracha john

Burgers

8 pages

186 posts

95 votes

Khao Soi

3 pages

65 posts

26 votes

And approx 45 posts of the 186 burger posts are from you alone :D That must make you CM's leading authority on burgers!

That must make you CM's leading authority on burgers!

To be honest, as Chiang Mai's leading authority on Burgers, I am very dissapointed in the home style burgers here since the CM Saloon changed their beef supplier.

Big Mango and Bully's Pub in Bangkok serve pretty good home made ones and Woody's in Chiang Mai does a mean Ozzie Burger if you are in the mood for pineapple, beets and fried eggs.

I am afraid that around here - like Ajarn says - I usually prefer Burger King and McDonalds only because I know exactly what I'm going to get. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

That must make you CM's leading authority on burgers!

To be honest, as Chiang Mai's leading authority on Burgers, I am very dissapointed in the home style burgers here.

Big Mango and Bully's Pub in Bangkok serve pretty good home made ones and Woody's in Chiang Mai does a mean Ozzie Burger if you are in the mood for pineapple, beets and fried eggs.

I am afraid that around here - like Ajarn says - I usually prefer Burger King and McDonalds only because I know exactly what I'm going to get. :D

Agreed. Although The Dukes burgers are pretty bloody good as well. :o

Burger King are the winners by a long shot though.

post-31110-1204631674_thumb.jpg

... Woody's in Chiang Mai does a mean Ozzie Burger if you are in the mood for pineapple, beets and fried eggs.

UG, you CAN have just a plain cheese burger at Woody's you know. Beetroot and eggs are not compulsory. :D:o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

was looking for a thread on Woody’s to see if any one has had any problems there and I must be the only one as I could not find any.

I went in there Saturday night (about 2100) and ordered burger and fries from the menu which I pointed to the girl. I got what I ordered (It was not great but eatable). Just as I was about to leave a Thai women came in went behind the counter as I was going to pay. She informed me the cost was 145thb I pointed to the menu that said 130thb. She said the extra was as I had chips and not fries. I asked what the difference was and got the answer you got chips not fries. I paid 130thb and left. All I know is that I will not eat in there again.

Has anyone else had problems with over charging at Woody’s?

Before you ask I did not have drink that day.

:o

was looking for a thread on Woody's to see if any one has had any problems there and I must be the only one as I could not find any.

I went in there Saturday night (about 2100) and ordered burger and fries from the menu which I pointed to the girl. I got what I ordered (It was not great but eatable). Just as I was about to leave a Thai women came in went behind the counter as I was going to pay. She informed me the cost was 145thb I pointed to the menu that said 130thb. She said the extra was as I had chips and not fries. I asked what the difference was and got the answer you got chips not fries. I paid 130thb and left. All I know is that I will not eat in there again.

Has anyone else had problems with over charging at Woody's?

Before you ask I did not have drink that day.

:o

Tom21, not sure what happened there, but I'll try to find out and will let you know. I suspect they may have thought that you wanted to upsize to the large fries. That would explain the 15B price difference. If it was our mistake I'll invite you back in for a free burger. I'll PM you when I have had a chance to ask my wife.