Hotel Industry In Thailand (for Us Foreigners)

Hello all

I have searched the forums but havn't found quite the answer(s) i was looking for so was after some help : with an undergraduate degree in a related field, i was just wondering how easy it was to obtain a vacancy in a hotel in Thailand, how much experience was required (if they even hire foreigners at all) and what the expected salary would be (i presume it would only be managerial jobs that would be possible to get)

any help greatly appreciated

kind regards

I knew a guy from Chicago got a trainee management position with the Dusit Group after qualifying in the USA.

He was located at the Bel Aire Princess in Sukhumvit soi 5 - he did not stay too long as he was on quite low wages.

Ended up back in Chicago at the Sheraton I think it was.

I was in Chicago in June 2004 and he was back then - he did send a basket of goodies to my room for my ex at the Bel Aire so that would have been 2003 so i do not think he was there too long.

As with all these jobs its really best not to be hired in-country - get your experience elsewhere and get posted or apply for jobs higher up the ladder later in your career when you will appreaciate it more - sorry if that sounds old and fuddy duddy but I am my second tour in Asia and its much better this time around.