All Tt&t Lines Are Open To Asdl

bartender100

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had it a few months, my number would not take it so the girls in carefour gave me a new number 3k baht

There is a system called Hinet they are offering, 900 baht a month 2mps but 5 users can connect to the same port so it can be slower than 2mps.

I'm really pleased with it its an always on connection for 900 baht a month.

You will need to find an outgoing mail server as the one they give you with the hinet package has been blackholed for spam and they do not have a secondry one they tell you.

Overall its a lot faster than any of the dial ups and cheaper if you leave it in all day..

Well reccomended

Ive had it a few months, my number would not take it so the girls in carefour gave me a new number 3k baht

There is a system called Hinet they are offering, 900 baht a month 2mps but 5 users can connect to the same port so it can be slower than 2mps.

I'm really pleased with it its an always on connection for 900 baht a month.

You will need to find an outgoing mail server as the one they give you with the hinet package has been blackholed for spam and they do not have a secondry one they tell you.

Overall its a lot faster than any of the dial ups and cheaper if you leave it in all day..

Well reccomended

Huh? Are we talking about the same thing? Getting ADSL with TTT in Pattaya?

I was offered a list with 4-5 ISP's, each ISP with a number of different packages. The cheapest option with international access was 1500 THB/month. There was some options for 900 but they were national access only - is that what you got?

Huh? Are we talking about the same thing? Getting ADSL with TTT in Pattaya?

I was offered a list with 4-5 ISP's, each ISP with a number of different packages. The cheapest option with international access was 1500 THB/month. There was some options for 900 but they were national access only - is that what you got?

Definately international access, I signed up 2 months ago so maybe it was an offer however I dont recall them saying this, this is tt&t line with Hinet package which is a TOT service.

Keeping in mind that Thailand is the "Land of Announcements", the general tone of this thread suggests that the TT&T ADSL spoken of is not limited to the 5km distance limitation which is accepted by most as a technilogical limitation on ADSL.

For those of you you have a working ADSL from TT&T, do any of you live more than five kilometers from their central facility?????

Just got adsl in my condo, live all the way at the end of jomtien, so way further then 5km from Pattaya Klang. Guess they have an exchange somewhere here as well!

I had a TT&T line already, went to the carrefour office, they told me can have adsl but not Hinet, will have to go with ISP.

Did that, chose ji-net at 1500/month + 7%vat (256/128), turned in the paperwork, they said 10 days. Walked home with an adsl router from Xavi(2250 Baht), plugged it in the phoneline when I got home.

11 Days later the WAN light on the modem got on, indicating the exchange activated the adsl network.

Punched in my ji-net username and password in the set-up screen of my router and was on-line in a blink...

Sometimes it does goes as advertised :o

Applied on the 4th this month and on-line on the 15th, no technician needed, all info supplied and all settings preprogrammed in the router by TT&T apart from username and password....

Dave

Did you get connected ok? How is your speed? Who are you with.

I take back my post on HINET from CAT total rubbish the past week or so, they tell me know that they are allowing 50 users per port which means even if it were true 2mbs you would still be connecting at 50k the same as a dial up.

If anyone can reccomend a decent ADSL in pattaya about 3500 baht a month I would be grateful.

Same for me, jinet compax package slows down a little bit during the day, but not enough so you would notice surfing, only when doing a speedcheck or doing a big download.

Response is much spiffier compared to sattelite...

One can always upgrade to a faster package (2450/month for 512/256) or to one of their supposedly more professional packages such as ji-net plus or ji-net pro where there would be less sharing on the main international link...

256/128 ji-net plus would be the 3500/month Ben Dover indicates he would be willing to pay and since the ji-compax at 1500 is not bad i guess it would be pretty good!

Loxinfo is still at 9000 Baht/month unlimited 256/128 :o

Bartender,

I still have the IPTV system, i'm not going to get rid of it but it is going to be transferred to a friend who can't get adsl...

For me IPTV always worked great, better then IPStar...

Another friend had IPStar, got rid of it before his one year contract was over and he managed to get a partly refund of his deposit (2800 Baht). This after some negotiating at Wattana, who firstly didn't wan't to give anything back because of the one year not being finished!