Gonna Be A Papa

mrbojangles

Hi guys and girls,

I've never really had a cause to visit this forum but it looks like it is going to be my new home.

Mrs BoJangles is expecting our first child and i'm over the moon.

We went to the anti natal yesterday for the first time and it looks like she is about 9 weeks. So early days yet but so much to take in. Especially as the mid wife is using medical terminology of which MrsBoJ has trouble understanding. Words like "abdominal" aren't really words she has had to learn and don't pop up in normal conversation. :o Does anybody know any good books in Thai that she can read?

MrsBoJ has a girl already but she's 14 now, so things will have changed and this is my first. So absolutely any advise or suggestions you folks can offer would be greatly appreciated. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well how about that!!! Mr BJ a dada :D Firstly congratulations :o

Secondly I don't know any thai books but we are off to los at start of march so will happily dispach Mr boo to find some or if mrs BJ finds out some titles she wants will pick them up for her & post them to you once back in London.

3rdly read back some old topics on here. lots about mood swings, cures for nasusea & various other pleasant things us girls have to deal with to keep our population growing :D

4thly, sign up Mrs BJ at thailand uk if you haven't already, a lot of thai women post in the thai only section (ask one of the mods for access) & I speak via pm to a couple of the ladies who had kids around the same time as me as it is nice to compare notes.

5thly sign up at babyexpert.com, there is a dads section too & even though is is 99.9% women posting don't fel shy to ask a few questions as they are very helpful & all either preggers or recently had babies so know their stuff.

Congratulations mate!

Enjoy it :o . You get the same blank instruction book as all of us, and you'll make mistakes as we all do. So don't worry too much people have been blundering thru for millionaires of years

An extra reason to celebrate when you finally get round to the next Bangkok Beer and Football Night. You can tell MrsB that you need to go out and discuss parenting with other guys with children.

BTW When we were travelling overseas my wife used to read the following website a lot. (And still does to an extent). All sorts of things in there in Thai for Thai ladies living abroad as well as in Thailand

http://www.ladysquare.com/

MrBoj, congratulations to you and MrsBoj :o

Have Mrs Boj check out www.naiin.com --they have a very large selection of books in Thai --you could order and have sent to Mr Boo in Thailand or, if the costs aren't prohibitive, to you in the UK. The site is in Thai so MrsBoj shouldn't have any difficulty navigating. Hopefully they would have what she is looking for.

And once again, congrats :D

Many thanks Boo :o

Thanks for the offer but we have a close friend in Thailand at the moment and she is coming back next week, so we're going to ask her to pick us up some books. I was just wondering if anyone had any titles i can ask her to get.

I'll definately be reading alot of the threads in here.

Thanks for reminding me about Thailand Uk, forgot about that site and it had a thai section. I need to download Thai on my comp at home. Already got stickers for the keyboard keys so she can be up and running.

An extra reason to celebrate when you finally get round to the next Bangkok Beer and Football Night. You can tell MrsB that you need to go out and discuss parenting with other guys with children.

Thanks fletch, good ploy for the meet up in bangers :o and thanks for the link.

MrBoj, congratulations to you and MrsBoj :D

Cheers sbk, i'll get her to look at the links tonight. The mid wife gave us some books in English but her reading in English isn't that good, so any links in Thai are very much appreciated.

Big Congratulations to you both

May your nights be full of sleep,

Advice????

I remember well the deprivation a little one can make!! :o

But at least overall a little sacrifice for the reward.

ENJOY FARTHERHOOD

Regards

Ivan & Aoy

:D

Eh Up!!!!!!!

Congrats mate!!!!!!

Best get onto Eastlands, get the blue and whites ordered, boy or girl, I am sure a budding blue :o . Are you coming back over soon?

Cheers Jack,

Yeah i'll be back soon, are you up for a pint in Bangers? I don't know the exact date as we will just have to fit it in between scans :D

Boy or girl, it will be a junior blue and from day one will have a city baby grow :D

Big Congratulations to you both

May your nights be full of sleep,

Advice????

I remember well the deprivation a little one can make!! :o

But at least overall a little sacrifice for the reward.

ENJOY FARTHERHOOD

Regards

Ivan & Aoy

Thanks Ivan. Long time no hear, hope everything is rosey for you and Aoy.

Congratulations.

Our son was born six months ago, and it was the greatest thing to ever happen me.

He amazes me everyday.

My advice would be to get plenty of sleep before baby is born because you might not get much later.

Edited by garro

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. B.

I'll pass on all I know on Saturday over a few pints of Belgium's finest.

Scouse.

Scouse, the only problem with that plan, is that by the end of the session i'll have forgotten everything you've told me :o

Congratulations.

Our son was born six months ago, and it was the greatest thing to ever happen me.

He amazes me everyday.

My advice would be to get plenty of sleep before baby is born because you might not get much later.

Cheers Garro :D Glad you're enjoying fatherhood. I'm sure that i will too. :D

Baby BoJangle???

Crikey!

:D Congrats BoJ!

Cheers Kayo but what are doing in this forum? Is there a little Danish Pastry in the oven :D

lol, never seen Klown move so fast

:o No no no no! :D Nothing like that! (At least I hope not!) Accidentally stumbled in this forum on my way to elsewhere, and saw your thread.

BTW, we should imbibe in an irresponsible day out before we lose you to fatherhood! :D

Cheers Mr B.!

I have only to say that I wish you and Mrs B. all the best and I,m so happy for you.

My daughter Jasmine is almost three months now,,smiles a lot and likes to let us know that shes around by ,,,crying sometimes.

:o

Cheers Mr B.!

I have only to say that I wish you and Mrs B. all the best and I,m so happy for you.

My daughter Jasmine is almost three months now,,smiles a lot and likes to let us know that shes around by ,,,crying sometimes.

Thanks very much for that soihok :o

Congrats mr BJ. My nipper is now 9 months old and i have never been so happy.

If you manage to get up to Chaiyaphum you can buy loads of books in the shop at the entrance to Tescos. They only have thai books but loads of choices.

If you are going to give birth up here i also highly recommend the new hospital, Chaiyaphum Ram. Only 22K for everything including 3 nights in a private room.

Nidge