Gonna Be A Papa

mrbojangles

Hey Jangles,

Congrats, only just stumbled over this.

It is a life changing experience, we have several things in common, as we have discussed in the past, so Good Luck

Moss

Now, Mrs Boo-ts,

I have a bone to pick, Firstly, I didn't get this advice,

4thly, sign up Mrs BJ at thailand uk if you haven't already, a lot of thai women post in the thai only section (ask one of the mods for access) & I speak via pm to a couple of the ladies who had kids around the same time as me as it is nice to compare notes.

And,

Secondly,

I didn't get this advice either,

5thly sign up at babyexpert.com, there is a dads section too & even though is is 99.9% women posting don't fel shy to ask a few questions as they are very helpful & all either preggers or recently had babies so know their stuff.

Good Luck

Moss :o

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Yeee aaaaw.

We had the scan yesterday and we're gonna have a girl :o

Over the moon. Although i didn't really have a preferance prior to the scan, i think i was secretly leaning towards wanting a girl. It's gonna cost me though, you females aren't as cheap on maintenance as us males :D

Congrats to you and the missus, mate.

Take a picture of "sleep" coz you won't see any for about 6 years....

Cheers buddy, i think now might be a good time for getting an overseas posting with work. For about 6 years, that should do it eh :o

And i didn't know this at the time of my post above but i got a overseas posting and i'm off to Saudi next week. How weird is that !!

Yeee aaaaw.

We had the scan yesterday and we're gonna have a girl :o

Over the moon. Although i didn't really have a preferance prior to the scan, i think i was secretly leaning towards wanting a girl. It's gonna cost me though, you females aren't as cheap on maintenance as us males :D

girls are easy until they hit puberty and then watch out! But actually it will be tougher for MrsBoj at that point. Once a daddy's little girl, always a daddy's little girl :D

good luck in Saudi and I hope Mrs Boj won't get too lonely without you.

uh oh, daddies little girl is on the way :o

Congratulations again to you both.

Hows MrsBoj feeling??

Thanks Boo. Yep she's gonna be a daddies girl. :D

MrsBoJ is feeling great but a bit tired. She had a blood test yesterday and may be needing some extra iron.

Yeee aaaaw.

We had the scan yesterday and we're gonna have a girl :D

girls are easy until they hit puberty and then watch out! But actually it will be tougher for MrsBoj at that point. Once a daddy's little girl, always a daddy's little girl :D

good luck in Saudi and I hope Mrs Boj won't get too lonely without you.

Thanks sbk,

I like to think with being ex-navy i'm gonna be disciplined but i can't see it :o

As for when she reaches puberty, i'm doing a runner for a couple of years :D

Yeee aaaaw.

We had the scan yesterday and we're gonna have a girl :D

Congrats MrBoj, it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl, as long as it's healthy. I have to admit though, that daughters do get spoilt by Daddies. Mine are right little characters (madams) already :o , but adorable.

• 4 months later...

I think most of you know that the Mrs had a little girl (Tia) 2 weeks ago and i'm over the moon. Here she is.

post-19542-1221980993_thumb.jpg

But if i can ask you experienced parents a couple of things.

1) Passifier / Dummy

2) What on earth is a Mongolian Spot ? Do any of your Luk Kreung baby's have it? If so, what is it and when does it go?

Congratulations she looks loverly

Mongolian Spot - Mongolian spot refers to a macular blue-gray pigmentation usually on the sacral area of healthy infants. It is usually present at birth or appears within the first weeks of life. It typically disappears spontaneously within 4 years but can persist for life.

I know someone who's son had one but it disappeared almost overnight well several (when they eventually noticed it was fading)

Dummy dummy the wife did not want to give our son a dummy but now thinks it's a god send when he's tired and ready for bed (shuts him up staright away)

Good luck

Congratulations she looks loverly

Mongolian Spot - Mongolian spot refers to a macular blue-gray pigmentation usually on the sacral area of healthy infants. It is usually present at birth or appears within the first weeks of life. It typically disappears spontaneously within 4 years but can persist for life.

I know someone who's son had one but it disappeared almost overnight well several (when they eventually noticed it was fading)

Dummy dummy the wife did not want to give our son a dummy but now thinks it's a god send when he's tired and ready for bed (shuts him up staright away)

Good luck

Many thanks CMS :o

At first i thought it was bruising on her buttocks from the birth but then someone mentioned "Mongolian Spot" never heard of it before and i know quite a few people with Luk Kreung children. So at least she is healthy. :D

As for the dummy. Both me and the mrs are dead against giving her one but i've got the easy job as i'm off back to Saudi this week, so it will be the wife who has to put up with it. Has anyone else on here gone through the pain of not giving their child one? If so, how long before they stop needing one?

my son didn't have a dummy for the first 11 weeks & during this time he had terrible colic, so bad that at at times I wanted to kill myself (seriously). When we took him to los to see the inlaws I decided that a dummy would be good for on the plane & it was such a miraculous difference in him when sucking him dummy, it seemed to calm him so quickly so it has been a fixture every since & I realised I should have given in earlier. If he hadn't been a colicky boy then I may not have used it but he was & I shoul dhave from day one :o

He doesn't spend all day with it in his mouth & can go off to sleep without it but sometimes when they are tired & grouchy a dummy calms them much quicker than any attempts by mum & dad. I would say they are not a bad thing if used in moderation, I personally cant stand to see a kid with a dummy in it's gob 24/7 so the only time my son gets it in the day is if he is having a bad teething day or if he is kicking up a fiuss due to being tired (very rarely) but mostly goes without it & at night he goes to bed with one & we haven't had any issues with him waking up missing it so it is working out well for us.

As you say, your wife is going to have to deal with Tia alone, which is hard enough, so if she wants to use a dummy then support her, gettig rid of it one Tia is older doesn't take that much work later on, a few days or nights of fussing, kids are quick to pick up chnage & also studies have shown that putting a bay to sleep with a dummy can reduce the risk of cot dead (SIDS) as well.

Firstly, Congrats Mr & Mrs Bojangles!!!! I am sure your precious little girl will bring you years and years of joy. Cherish the early days as they tend to go by fast. A friend told me to get a digital camera and start taking photos from day one or else when you do it will be too late and you will miss some. I had a camera already and began even before day one (taking pics of my wife's over-sized belly). I keep asking myself why did I wait until I was 48 to have my first child. If I knew that they brought this much enjoyment I would have started a long time ago.

When many of my friends asked me if I was disappointed that I didn't have a son, I said no way, I was just happy to have a healthy baby regardless of what sex it was. Another friend who currently has a 10 year old daughter told me something that I will never forget. He said having a daughter it's sure that your get some affectionate hugs and kisses from her much longer than you would if you had a son.

Boo, please share with me the studies you have read regarding SIDS and a pacifier as I have never heard of that one before and I have great knowledge of SIDS as my best friend lost a baby to SIDS several years ago.

Congratulations from us both here as well.

For dummies and all baby things like bottles we've always used Avent (in Emporium and sometimes Robinsons in Bangkok and elsewhere). Bought some last week in fact.

As for the blue / grey skin pigment then don't worry. Even some europeans have it and it fades. OUr daughter's is perhaps 75% gone at 15 months and fading fash though nothing faded at all for perhaps 9-12 months.

Also noticed at Mothercare in Emporium (4th floor) last week were some really good sleep suits with enclosed feet. Our daughter is a terror for liking the cold but she throws off the blanket and then freezes. With these she is just great. If you are in Pattaya then Carrefour (or perhaps all Carrefours) have some all in one suits with enclosed feet far cheaper. Mothercare go up in 3/6 month ranges to 24 months at least. Not so cheap but ask and you'll get 10% off.

They've also got some things I've wanted but not been able to find elsewhere. Cheapest quality nappy cream seems to be in boots. Our supply of Sudocrem is nearly gone (imported our stuff).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Many thanks for the advise on dummy's CMS and Torrenova. :o

As i am in Saudi and it is difficult for the wife to get a break, she has got Tia a dummy. Although she says she doesn't use it that much.

On a different note.

Baby milk/powder. Hopefully they will both be coming over to stay with me in Saudi Arabia in Jan. Currently MrsBoJ uses Cow & Gate (premium i think) for new borns. However, i have tried to find the same out here but to no avail. The only brand i recognise is Nestle but there are numerous types.

Can anyone help, with what is the best way to change a baby's milk from one brand of powder to another. And is there anywhere to find out what type is closest to the one she is currently on?

Many thanks for any help, all. :D

WOW, Congratulations Mr and Mrs. BJ!

Your daughter looks absolutely wonderful, what a little beauty!

I am sure you will be very good parents, have a good feeling about this. :o

Our girl never liked the dummy, we tried several times but she only spat it out. We gave her the S-26 formula, brand is Wyeth and it seems to working fine.

Take care now and enjoy!

/comehome

When you do change over the milk do it gradually so that it doesn't upset her tummy, so make 75% old formula & 25% new then over a week, gradually adjust it so the new formual is the majority until just all new formula.

Have you called C&G to ask them if they supply to where you are & if yes, what name. Often companies rebrand the exact same product to suit local market.

WOW, Congratulations Mr and Mrs. BJ!

Your daughter looks absolutely wonderful, what a little beauty!

Many thanks Comehome :o

Have you called C&G to ask them if they supply to where you are & if yes, what name. Often companies rebrand the exact same product to suit local market.

Cheers Boo, never thought of that :D

Mongolian Spot absolutely nothing to worry about Jangles.

And as for doing a runner at the Puberty stage, I will endeavour to assume, you will more likely to be carrying a scatter gun to keep the local yahoos at bay :o

As for the dummy, whatever suits you best, Jude has one but does not cling to it at all times, just for comfort really when he gets tired, but has never really suffered from colic.

Good Luck

Moss