Motorbike Lessons In Pattaya?

InFocus

Is there an institute in Pattaya where I can take lessons to ride a motorbike, then get my license later?

If so, how long would these lessons take?

Do I have to know Thai to get a motorbike license in Thailand?

Lessons shouldn't take long. And there's likely to be a VERY short line at the DMV for a license! :o

If you don't have a licence from your home country (car / bike)_ then you'll have to take a test here.

There are previous threads in this forum regarding a car driving licence, some of which mention bikes in passing.

Don't know of any instructors, but any bar-girl will be happy eo take up the challenge (for a fee)

The written test is in Thai, but the sheet has usually got faint pencil ticks to show you the right answers.

Is there an institute in Pattaya where I can take lessons to ride a motorbike, then get my license later?

I can't believe this is serious! But then I've never heard of driving instruction schools here. If there are they don't do a good job 'cause the quality of driving is shocking amoung falang and Thai. But you topic has given me a good laugh ...thanks! :o:D:D

You dont need lessons, just a bit of bravery.

Can you ride a bike? If so then you can ride a motorbike over here - the vast majority are twist and go, no gears to worry about.

The test involves riding around a track with a few zig zags and a few junctions to stop at. The test is in English, on a touch screen computer, I am not sure how many eons ago Humphrey Bear took his test. 10 minutes reading the highway code beforehand will suffice, it's all very similar to the West, although not adhered to :o

Begs: My Mrs had car driving lessons here, and she's pretty good now, the problem is that 99.9999999999999% of them haven't had lessons! Or a test, or a license :D

Can you ride a bike? If so then you can ride a motorbike over here - the vast majority are twist and go, no gears to worry about.

The test involves riding around a track with a few zig zags and a few junctions to stop at. The test is in English, on a touch screen computer, I am not sure how many eons ago Humphrey Bear took his test. 10 minutes reading the highway code beforehand will suffice, it's all very similar to the West, although not adhered to :o

Begs: My Mrs had car driving lessons here, and she's pretty good now, the problem is that 99.9999999999999% of them haven't had lessons! Or a test, or a license :D

Where does your Mrs had her car lessons? In Pattaya? What is the name of the school? Actually I'm pretty interested to take up driving here also though chances are that it might be speedy.

Where does your Mrs had her car lessons? In Pattaya? What is the name of the school? Actually I'm pretty interested to take up driving here also though chances are that it might be speedy.

It was a place on Pattaya Klang, heading towards Sukhumvit on your right just before Foodland. Can't remember the name of the place, but it has yellow signs outside, and lots of roadsigns on the walls.

Paid 6,000 baht for 20 lessons, and they said if she failed they would give her free lessons until she passed. Fortunately we didn't need that as I think you will have a job getting anything for free here :D

I can't believe this is serious! But then I've never heard of driving instruction schools here. If there are they don't do a good job 'cause the quality of driving is shocking amoung falang and Thai. But you topic has given me a good laugh ...thanks! :o:D:D

Thai and falang drivers the same.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! funny fags? :D

What's a touch screen?

Very wise not to try to teach your wife to drive.

Talk about never ending rows and arguments!

Girlfriends on the other hand...are NEVER difficult...as we all know.

My how things change after marriage.

Anyway...my Old Lady had the 20 lesson programme from the Pattaya Klang school mentioned above.

She has turned out--despite my worst fears--to be a very competent, if somewhat "take no prisoners" driver.

PERFECT for Pattaya.

We were very happy with the standard of instruction.

As always in Thai...THAT was yesterday..this is today.