No Visa For Vendors

innovator

The Chonburi plan is to remove 70% of the vendors on beach road and Jomtien beach by the end of February 2008.

What are the odds that this is actually going to happen within the next 2 weeks? 5 years? 25 years?

There are thousands of vendors and many groups operating legally and illegally in these zones. Who is going to move them out?

Edited by innovator

This headline was in the paper last week.

Beaches to be cleared of vendor sprawl this month 70% of beach area will be open to public under reorganizing of sun bed concessions

Is there a new update?

My calculations reach into the thousands when you include all of the folks marching up and down these stretches with fake watches, hand bags, sunglasses, towels, wooden elephants, food, photos, and other junk to waste money on during your holiday.

Edited by innovator

I don't mind the chairs on the beach - I use them everytime I go. :o

What I don't like is getting a tap on the shoulder every two minutes "hey mistsa - tatto?" or "hey you - hammock?" or "jetski jetski jetski".

Pack this lot of to a certain section of the beach, which I will avoid, and I'd be a happy camper. :D

The OP needs to adjust his spectacles and re-read the reports in the local journals. The governor has decreed that a larger % (up to 50%?) of the beach will be given over to public use (no chairs or vendors). The chair folk will be limited to 1 area each and the vendors will be limited in their numbers.

Lets hope this is more successful than the "make beach road a walking street" idea that was floated for earlier this year.