Driver' Salary

Actually here was alredy such question, but wasn't any answer. Hope I'll be lucky to get answer.

So, what's average salary for the thai driver in travel company or transport company in Thailand?

Can I hire foreigner for such job?

10,000-15,000 baht per month.

a TEFL'r might take the job, but would you trust them to drive safely and not be on the piss on nite?

On the foreign hire, there are some 'regs' {Dept. of Labour I think} re expected payments for a foreign citizen, and this job would not pay enough. If memory serves, it's something like 60K for US, 50K EU per month, with a sliding scale for other locations. {Assuming Work Permit requirements}

Regards

On the foreign hire, there are some 'regs' {Dept. of Labour I think} re expected payments for a foreign citizen, and this job would not pay enough. If memory serves, it's something like 60K for US, 50K EU per month, with a sliding scale for other locations. {Assuming Work Permit requirements}

Regards

Sure, you're right! But we have problem: need drivers for new transport company that mainly work with Russian market travel companies. Thai drivers... They can't speak even poor English. So I though about hire Russian from province that ready to work for salary about 12-16K. They now Russian, so they can communicate with customers, they are very good drivers usually etc.

Regards

Sure, you're right! But we have problem: need drivers for new transport company that mainly work with Russian market travel companies. Thai drivers... They can't speak even poor English. So I though about hire Russian from province that ready to work for salary about 12-16K. They now Russian, so they can communicate with customers, they are very good drivers usually etc.

Actually here was alredy such question, but wasn't any answer. Hope I'll be lucky to get answer.

So, what's average salary for the thai driver in travel company or transport company in Thailand?

Can I hire foreigner for such job?

To the best of my knowledge, a Foreigner can not be legally employed in this vocation.

for personal drivers in thailand i think the thai's get between 8 and 15 thousand baht month depending on factors...

for the travel company, i'm quite sure you may face legal restrictions with a russian hire.

it might be a good solution to hire an eager thai and pay for his russian language lessons.

thais can be quite eager to learn another language if it leads to better pay compensation.

you often meet foriegn language speakers at the tourist sites.

2 friends of mine have drivers - Both 10k per month + bonus (50 - 100 baht here and there for noodles etc)

Hotel rooms (300-500B) if staying over night somewhere

That is about what we pay our drivers. Many get over 100 hours OT each month with 100 baht meal allowance each day over 12 hours, so easy to clear over 15k a month. They get 500 baht for hotel if staying overnight, plus 150 baht per diem. Also, yearly bonus of about 2 months salary.

Basic English is required.

TH