View Talay Villas, Jomtien

Lazy Sod

Been toying with the idea of buying a small holiday home at View Talay Villa for a couple of years now. I normally check the main real estate websites to see what's available for resale. Over the last 2 weeks there have been an unusually high number for sale, it's almost like one is added daily, I"ve never seen so many for sale. Anyone know what's going on? As a potential buyer it's great that there are so many for sale but I can't help wondering if there's something I should know about. Some ideas;

- People worried about company ownership?

- High season about to finish?

- Real estate prices worldwide under pressure, people want the cash?

- Something specific to View Talay Villas?

- All of the above?

Anyone know or care to speculate.

There may be more for sale but I doubt the turnover rate is any more than what it has always been. I would guess that since this bogus company deal could blow up at any time, people are not willing to put money in what could turn out to be a disaster. I know I certainly would not be interested in buying something I couldn't legally own.

There may be more for sale but I doubt the turnover rate is any more than what it has always been. I would guess that since this bogus company deal could blow up at any time, people are not willing to put money in what could turn out to be a disaster. I know I certainly would not be interested in buying something I couldn't legally own.

Could it possibly be the fact that a 90+ story condo is going up next door.

1 year of pile driving

5 years of construction work

Could it possibly be the fact that a 90+ story condo is going up next door.

1 year of pile driving

5 years of construction work

Urrrrrggggggggggg. Lots of lovely concrete dust to clean every day. For approx 1800 days. :o

I would place my speculative baht speculators in Pattaya real estate trying to get a little liquid. Maybe they have got places back in UK, Ireland, Spain, USA etc. and RE prices are falling in all of them. Maybe they have mortgage issues back home and need to raise some cash. They also see how prices are going down here (and certainly not rising anymore at the present) and want/need to get out. Maybe they need to raise some cash here to stay in their homes back there?

There is one ad posted at Carrefore the past couple weeks for a condo for sale in one of the Jomtien buildings for about B 1.6 or 1.7M and he is throwing in what looks like a almost new Mitsu pick-up in for free (at least a B 500k value).

Edited by jonniebkk