Where Is Driving Licence Office...pattaya Branch

tattoodrob

hello......tried a search but cant find directions......have a general idea.its time i went thru the hoo haa of gettin thai licences soon.can someone give me accurate directions to the testing station/office from sukhumvit/pattaya klang.thanks.....anyone had any goodluck and not had to go thru all the testing procedure,i want both licences but aint taking my bike and car together!!!! ta

hello......tried a search but cant find directions......have a general idea.its time i went thru the hoo haa of gettin thai licences soon.can someone give me accurate directions to the testing station/office from sukhumvit/pattaya klang.thanks.....anyone had any goodluck and not had to go thru all the testing procedure,i want both licences but aint taking my bike and car together!!!! ta

i had a valid california (usa) drivers license for autos and was not required to take the driving test - you will however have to do the eye test and the quiz after watching a film for an hour or so - go early as they stop taking applications around 11 - i had no problem getting a one year license for automobiles - after the license expires ( one year and one day) you can go back an apply for a 5 year license which i now have

if your current license does not include motorcycles, then you will be required to take a driving test on your cycle in order to get the license for cycles - not difficult and most people pass if they have experience - motorcycles scare the piss out of me so i am stilcking to something with a little more protection around me driving around Pattaya

Edited by jm49er1

i had a valid california (usa) drivers license for autos and was not required to take the driving test - you will however have to do the eye test and the quiz after watching a film for an hour or so - go early as they stop taking applications around 11 - i had no problem getting a one year license for automobiles - after the license expires ( one year and one day) you can go back an apply for a 5 year license which i now have

At the Pattaya location I did not have to watch the film nor take a quiz to get the automobile license with my Hawaii auto license. Ditto for my accompanying friend with his Nevada license. We did have to take the color-blind test, the reaction test and the depth-perception test. This was in January 2008.

For a motorcycle license, we also had to take the written (computer) 30-question test and driving test, as we did not have an overseas motorcycle license.