Freelance Thai Language Tutors

sharecropper

If you are a man? If you have a female Thai language teacher then when you speak Thai you will sound feminine. Women pronounce differently then men

Yeah - if you use kha after everything

sorry got to disagree here - I learnt English as a kid from mainly females - my mum, sister etc - I don't have a female accent.

At university one of my main professors who taught me Thai was a farang lady. Clarity of pronunciation is important and "copying" your teacher is important to gain fluency. If you are aware of the main gender grammar differences and get input from many Thai voices you shoud be just fine. Input from many "Isan" voices does not count but can be fun.

As to price - 500 Baht - for goodness sake I would expect a language lesson and a happy ending for that price

The going rate should be 150-200 Baht an hour.

I used to charge 1,000 Baht an hour to teach Thai grammar and writing skills to expat managers in Bangkok - but I am a farang and certainly didn't include any happy endings

[As to price - 500 Baht - for goodness sake I would expect a language lesson and a happy ending for that price

I used to charge 1,000 Baht an hour to teach Thai grammar and writing skills to expat managers in Bangkok - but I am a farang and certainly didn't include any happy endings

Albeit a tad puerile. Walking street - Freelancers - connect the dots. :o

If you are a man? If you have a female Thai language teacher then when you speak Thai you will sound feminine. Women pronounce differently then men

sorry got to disagree here - I learnt English as a kid from mainly females - my mum, sister etc - I don't have a female accent.

At university one of my main professors who taught me Thai was a farang lady. Clarity of pronunciation is important and "copying" your teacher is important to gain fluency. If you are aware of the main gender grammar differences and get input from many Thai voices you shoud be just fine. Input from many "Isan" voices does not count but can be fun.

As to price - 500 Baht - for goodness sake I would expect a language lesson and a happy ending for that price

Many thanks for the replies - although I still don't have a recommendation! I did buy a Thai language book and two cassette tapes and thought that could be a start, but I need the discipline of a short sharp shock (cue The Castle recommendations?!)

Many thanks for the replies - although I still don't have a recommendation! I did buy a Thai language book and two cassette tapes and thought that could be a start, but I need the discipline of a short sharp shock (cue The Castle recommendations?!)

I am out of the teaching business now but if you are in town - I can sit down and give you a few tips

No fees - just a beer to keep my vocal chords lubricated - and definately no whips, chains or other implements of torture - pm me

I am out of the teaching business now but if you are in town - I can sit down and give you a few tips

No fees - just a beer to keep my vocal chords lubricated - and definately no whips, chains or other implements of torture - pm me

I wil take you up on your offer if you (a) mean 'Pattaya" when you say "town", (:o promise to keep your hands to yourself, and © are around after the 12th March (I am away until then)!

Best wishes,

Sharecropper