General Discussion

Ping

Just a wundrin'

Are the lights being used at Chalong Circle?

Only saw them on once, last October or November.

It was chaotic and the compulsory left turn coming fron the pier, <deleted>, incredibly stupid being enforced alla time.

My experience, that is.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the only result of the work at the Circle was to get rid of the fountain and make people have to do that ridiculous U-turn thing if coming out of the pier road? TiT

It's not just the pier road. At peak times (morning and late afternoon) from Patak road (from Kata) we must turn left into Chao Fa West for 100m and do a dangerous U-turn BACK to the roundabout, then make the left turn into Chao Fa East. Really stupid

So the only result of the work at the Circle was to get rid of the fountain and make people have to do that ridiculous U-turn thing if coming out of the pier road? TiT

It's not just the pier road. At peak times (morning and late afternoon) from Patak road (from Kata) we must turn left into Chao Fa West for 100m and do a dangerous U-turn BACK to the roundabout, then make the left turn into Chao Fa East. Really stupid

The roundabout debacle is stupid but you can't take away the tea money for the chalong police, can you?

What happened to the removal of the roundabout and using the lights?

That circle is too lucrative to the traffic police to do that.

I always greet them with "Sawasdee baht" and depart with "Kob khun baht"

They are typically unamused.

Ping, unfortunately, no.

Ppl sent me places, but only found useless aluminum ones.

Really want one of the brass looking ones.

Will try again, ta for asking, Ping.

Hopefully be back in Nov as said before.

Loved ON's nite for Loy Krathong, gunna be there again........ and her young "ladies" who were great.

All gals are young to me now-a-days...... hahaha

I would be surprised if you couldn't pick one up locally. There are Asian shops here that sell kitchenware amongst their offerings - surely you would have them there too? Other options may include keeping an eye on E-Bay (you never know) or even ordering one off shore (spend an hour or two Gooooogle searching).

One would be 'nice to have', but if I got one, I know it would end up spending most of its time gathering dust with countless other gadgets. The point is, what can you cook with it that you can't cook with a frying pan and a saucepan of water?

Loved ON's nite for Loy Krathong, gunna be there again........ and her young "ladies" who were great.

A Galapagos tortoise would seem young for you these days Pete! :o

A Galapagos tortoise would seem young for you these days Pete! :o

Age means nuffin, as a Gala/tortoise, imagine the endurance, I would be much in demand by femmes wanting quality bonks.

NOT like you young guys, .........

Wham Bamm, thank you ma'am.........types.

A few off topic and smutty posts have been deleted after member complaints. Please keep this at a certain level.

Thank You.

A post that has disappeared was one where I named 3 banned members. Did the complaints come from one of these people in a new guise?

How do you go off topic in a General Discussion thread?

This is a discussion fred, why you guys posting pix without comment.

Lotsa places for those.

A post of mine disappeared a cupla nites back, it was a double entendré.

Summuns doity thoughts nrunning wild.

Hi

I was planning to drive from Bangkok to Phuket in a production NGV with a range of 250km but according to this map by PTT (http://gas.longdo.com/ngv/) there are no NGV filling stations in Phuket or anywhere closer than Suratani. Does anyone know of any NGV filling stations in Phuket or Phang Nga?

Only 2 LPG station on Phuket Island. Never seen NGV here. What's the difference LPG and NGV.. ??

I must have been asleep when they marketed NGV vehicles. Never heard of them. I assume this isn't the same stuff that they pump through for your gas supply at home? (Otherwise people would be fitting pumps at their houses. Relatively cheap gas - what a top idea!)

Ping, A Natural gas vehicle or NGV is a vehicle that uses compressed natural gas (CNG) or, less commonly, liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a clean alternative to other automobile fuels.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess sleepy back country Ockors would not be up to date.

Chasing, and wondering whether 'weathers' are as good as ewes takes a lot of brain power.

So many sheep, so many choices.

Is it the same gas that is fed through the natural gas home pipes? If so, could not one compress it at home? Is there much of a trick to compressing gas? (I've got no idea.) Surely there must be a market for an enterprising chappie to market home gas compressors for cars?

I think that is how it is done for NGVs and people using CNG vehicles, Ping.

In OZ and NZ. The safety regulations would not allow anyone to do that, possibly some do it, save on road taxes and levies, the gummint would freak.

LPG has to be trucked in with tankers

You're right, of course. Even if someone could devise a home compressor to gov't specifications, I'd imagine that the government would ban it for that very (tax) reason. But then again, ultimately, developments in technology should result with most people commuting in cars that store solar energy. What will the government do? Simple - tax you by road mileage usage. It's already been considered in parts of the USA. I'm surprised they haven't taxed us for foot usage of their paths - requiring us all to carry pedometers.

Here in Victoria, they already charge a sewerage (toilet) tax - guestimated as a ratio of normal water usage, presumably. And, of course, you are probably aware that in dark old England, they used to charge a light tax (a tax on the number of windows you had in your house. People used to have their windows bricked in.) They still charge a radio and telly licence in Blighty to this day - and not cheap at £139.50! (Many other countries still charge this tax as well. Thankfully, not Thailand.)

But as to cars, I could see a lot of use for alternative energy cars in places like Phuket. I do very little driving myself when I am there (most days when I take the car, I drive less than than 10 k's), so it probably wouldn't be of great benefit to me, but for business people and folks who have to do a lot of small runs each day, alternative fuel cars would seem to be a good option.

Yeah, Ping, that solar car race every year, be mileage tax on that too.

Soon there will be tax for yahcts, wind tax.

That will wind up the sailors.

We've been paying waste water tax for years, reason I go to laundrette.

No washing m/c, no power, no water, no m/c to maintain.

$3.50 a fortnite for a single guy, often 3 weeks.

Only wear shorts and shirts, not a very big load.

Well yes, we whinge about prices - but I was just reading in another thread how a bloke said that he went to Phuket after the tsunami and was 'tipping like crazy' to help out the locals and then when he returned recently, he was surprised by the number of people who tried to rip him off with prices? What did he expect?

I was having a beer or three in a mate's bar at the Patong OTOP market not long ago and one of the customers whinged on and on about how his cheap (B200) imitation designer sunglasses lost a screw after three days of use. He was going on and on about how he was going to find the fellow who sold him the sunglasses and get his money back. When he left, he gave a 440 baht tip (the change from the B1000 note he handed over for his grog bill). Go figure...

E:T

Edited by Ping

My BKK Rolex was great, until I arrived home and showed it off.

The hands promptly fell off......LOL

Took it to watchmaker to get them stuck back in.

He said it would need to go to agents, very expensive watch.

<deleted>........ I pointed out the small hands were just glued on, but main hands just needed pushing in the sockets.

Gave up, had it fxt next trip on Sukhimvit, 100Baht.

BTW:

WOOOOO HOOOOOO Ping, nearly 6,000 posts, will have to shout myself.