Minumum Salary In Thailand For Foreginers?

I have heard that there is a minumum salary in Thailand for foreginers who work for corporate companies. Can anyone tell me the current rates? I am from the UK and work for an IT company here. I am currently on 40k per month and I was told the minimum is 50k in order to able to renew the non-immigrant visa?

Cheers

Your usage of terminology is not correct(visa is not a permit and vice versa)

The minimum salary requirement is for the extension of your "permit of stay" on the basis of your work permit duration. There is also the foreigner to thai ratio as another requirement.

Your visa should not have to be renewed because you should be able to get a Re-Entry permit.

The minimum salary requirements are different for each nationality.

Australia, Canada, Europe, Japan, USA

50,000 baht/month

Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan

45,000 baht/month

Other Asian Countries not listed, Central and South America, eastern Europe, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, and Turkey

35,000 baht/month

Africa, Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam

25,000 baht/month

There is no legal minimum salary for foreigners who work for corporate companies.

There is no minimum salary requirement for the application for a non-O visa.

There is a minimum salary requirement for the application for an extension of stay. See the attachment to Royal Thai Police Order No. 606/2549.

--

Maestro

There is no legal minimum salary for foreigners who work for corporate companies.

There is no minimum salary requirement for the application for a non-O visa.

There is a minimum salary requirement for the application for an extension of stay. See the attachment to Royal Thai Police Order No. 606/2549.

--

Maestro

Ok, thanks. To be honest wherever I have searched for this topic there always seem to be contradictions as to who is entilted to exactly what, knowing the Thai system I assume thats the idea.

To be honest I am not really bothered about the visa renewal, it was the more the purple kings that were on my mind.

Thanks for that doc Maestro that will certainly make the negotation easier :o Cheers

• 10 months later...
Hi,

I would like to hear whether it is true that there is a minimum wage of at least 60.000 baht / Month when hiring an farang at a export company but to be based in Thailand? please advise if this is true or just a rumour.

thanks!

Depending on the nationality.

1. European countries (except Russia), Australia continent, Canada, Japan, and U.S.A.

Baht 50,000/month

2. South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong

Baht 45,000/month

3. Asian countries (except Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam), South America continent, Countries in Eastern Europe, Countries in Central America, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa

Baht 35,000/month

4. African countries (except South Africa), Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam

Baht 25,000/month

Note that there is no minimum income for teachers and members of the media.

Next to income requirements mentioned by Lite beer, the company also needs to meet certain criteria regarding the numer of Thai workers and registered capital.

Edited by Mario2008

Correct me when I got something wrong here. The above stated "minimum wages" are required if your company want to have your visa extended to 1y @ immigration.

I know a lot of foreigners who work for less because they simply get not paid the "minimum" wages and have to cross border every 3 month.

There is no such labor law which orders your employer to pay you a minimum salary.

Correct me when I got something wrong here. The above stated "minimum wages" are required if your company want to have your visa extended to 1y @ immigration.

I know a lot of foreigners who work for less because they simply get not paid the "minimum" wages and have to cross border every 3 month.

There is no such labor law which orders your employer to pay you a minimum salary.

I believe you are right, but could also be depending on the labour office.

I never found a minimum income requirement in the labour laws.

You need an income (tax paid) of 65,000 baht/month to obtain a one year extension.

I'm a UK citizen and I only declare a salary of 30,000 baht/month for my WP (8 years now). I've always been told by the Labour Office in Phuket that I only have to show tax paid @ 1,500 baht/month = about 30,000 baht/month. But maybe the rules are different for me as I'm married to a Thai national.... ??? For sure it's much easy for me to obtain my WP each year by showing my marriage papers.

I am a little confused about the minimum salary.

Does it mean that foreigner can get working permission and visa unless he or she can get at least the same amount of salary as on the minimum salary list?

Or does it mean any company who employs foreigner should pay the minimum salary to the foreigner as that list? :o

You need an income (tax paid) of 65,000 baht/month to obtain a one year extension.

I'm a UK citizen and I only declare a salary of 30,000 baht/month for my WP (8 years now). I've always been told by the Labour Office in Phuket that I only have to show tax paid @ 1,500 baht/month = about 30,000 baht/month. But maybe the rules are different for me as I'm married to a Thai national.... ??? For sure it's much easy for me to obtain my WP each year by showing my marriage papers.

An income of 65,000 a year is only for those who want an extension of stay based on retirement. For an extension of stay based on employment it is the income as shown by Lite Beer, unless you are a teacher or member of the media.

An income of 65,000 a year is only for those who want an extension of stay based on retirement. For an extension of stay based on employment it is the income as shown by Lite Beer, unless you are a teacher or member of the media.

Yeh .. agree about the 65,000 baht/m for retirement extension. To the best of my knowledge it's also 65,000 baht/m to apply for a one year extension based on WP. The list shown is the minimum salary to be elible for apply/obtain a WP in Thailand. I could be way wrong, never read teacher/media rules, but that's the way I read the general rules... :o

unless you are a teacher or member of the media.

I believe that needs to be expanded some and that is working for an academic institution and not necessarily a teacher.

2.6 In the case of a teacher, professor or expert working at a state-owned educational institution:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

2.7 In the case of a teacher, professor or expert working at a private educational institution:

unless you are a teacher or member of the media.

I believe that needs to be expanded some and that is working for an academic institution and not necessarily a teacher.

2.6 In the case of a teacher, professor or expert working at a state-owned educational institution:

2.7 In the case of a teacher, professor or expert working at a private educational institution:

Good expansion. :o