Thaksin lands at Suvarnabhumi and taken to court

george

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"he kissed the ground...So now he thinks he is the Pope !"

when everyone knows that the pope was only looking for his dropped contact lens... :o

post-12195-1204256662_thumb.jpg

and Thaksin dropped a one baht coin...

:D Only a genius can come up with something this brilliant! :D

Today's Bangkok Post has a great editorial titled, "The politics of Thaksin's homecoming". A must read.

"The military junta that ousted him is in disgrace." These are very sweet words indeed and so true. Finally, the student-massacreing military men are out of power and the only man who has dared to oppose them is back in this lovely country. Good times lie ahead! Happy days are here, again!

I think i now see J.K.Rowling's inspiration for the character Wormtail. Hadn't you better be scurrying back to your master? Best not displease the great one now. Maybe your loyalty will be rewarded with another forum writing mission, who knows.

I didn't know Thaksin opposed the killers of 1976!

Sunrise, your insight is stupendous!

I thought Thaksin supported the Burmese junta and said he understood why they imprisoned Aung San!

I read yesterday that Thaksin's poodle, Noppadon, the Foreign minister said human rights would take a backseat in Thailand's policy towards Burma and economics would dominate Thailand's policy!

Long live exclamation marks and stupid comments from idiots!

Today's Bangkok Post has a great editorial titled, "The politics of Thaksin's homecoming". A must read.

"The military junta that ousted him is in disgrace." These are very sweet words indeed and so true. Finally, the student-massacreing military men are out of power and the only man who has dared to oppose them is back in this lovely country. Good times lie ahead! Happy days are here, again!

I think i now see J.K.Rowling's inspiration for the character Wormtail. Hadn't you better be scurrying back to your master? Best not displease the great one now. Maybe your loyalty will be rewarded with another forum writing mission, who knows.

I didn't know Thaksin opposed the killers of 1976!

Sunrise, your insight is stupendous!

I thought Thaksin supported the Burmese junta and said he understood why they imprisoned Aung San!

I read yesterday that Thaksin's poodle, Noppadon, the Foreign minister said human rights would take a backseat in Thailand's policy towards Burma and economics would dominate Thailand's policy!

Long live exclamation marks and stupid comments from idiots!

And yet more platitudes and name-calling.

I dunno why Farangs get so worked up about Thaksin, you don't have the vote so why bother ?

And in your own countries where you do have the vote, look what the f#*! has happened.

As I said before, if Thaksin bacame Prime minister again and passed a law be to give Farangs land ownership rights and easy Visa's, then this website would be Pro Thaksin to a man, never mind about the Thai people that get wiped out, as long as Farangs are ok.

Or would you refuse to own land in protest agianst him ? :o

Mr. Nasty has returned.

And the military in his absence didn't have the slightest interest in the events in the South - Tak Bai - khrue See - nor the extraducial killing of over two thousand 'supposed' drug suspects.

Come on big boys...... Samak and Thaksin....explain yourselves............

Maigo6,

Nail on the head, me ol cocker :o:D

More like nail in the head (a rusty one at that).

Maigo6, please don't tarnish us all with that brush of yours.

Just because your flimsy principles might be easily bought, doesn't mean we are all that cheap.

Maigo6,

Nail on the head, me ol cocker :D:D

Just because your flimsy principles might be easily bought, doesn't mean we are all that cheap.

So you would refuse Land ownership and easy visa regs in protest against a Prime Minister of a country where you don't have any say. :o

Yeah, OK. :D

Edited by Maigo6

This post from Interman's Student...

I'm not really like him but I'm not hate him.. I think he made Thailand economic better than before.

He used tax money from Thai people in education, prove 3 provinces in south of Thailand, and etc.

But anti people look at him in one side, they said that Thaksin cheat Thailand, but he make Thailand

economic better, he cheat but we also rich or get better, i don't know why they must anti him.

They don't want him to be a prime minister, so he do, but they still anti him. He come back to Thailand

to prove his fault, al so they ready to anti him again and agian

Do they want to made Thailand like a Joker?

are you a phd student by any chance? :o

Playboy, ease up, I'm really pleased to see some Thai students joining there forum... to Interman, great to see your posts, keep them comming, the more young educated Thai's we have posting views here the better we can learn about this great country, Thai culture and beautiful Thai people...........

Maigo6,

So you would refuse Land ownership and easy visa regs in protest against a Prime Minister of a country where you don't have any say. :o

Yes i would refuse. What i stand for and believe in means something to me. Does it not you?

I dunno why Farangs get so worked up about Thaksin, you don't have the vote so why bother ?

And in your own countries where you do have the vote, look what the f#*! has happened.

As I said before, if Thaksin bacame Prime minister again and passed a law be to give Farangs land ownership rights and easy Visa's, then this website would be Pro Thaksin to a man, never mind about the Thai people that get wiped out, as long as Farangs are ok.

Or would you refuse to own land in protest agianst him ? :o

Works for me.

Charity begins at 111

Banned executives of the defunct Thai Rak Thai party have finally found a new role. Published on March 1, 2008

Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra will establish the "House Number 111 Foundation" to raise funds from the public to carry out charity work, a source said yesterday.

It was the first move of the group to form a solid organisation after being banned from politics.

The 111 Thai Rak Thai ex-executives will be invited to join the foundation, which will be first chaired by Pongthep Thepkanchana, with Dr Prommin Letsuridej as deputy chairman.

A talk show will be organised next week to announce the formation of the foundation.

Thaksin will be invited to chair the foundation afterwards.

Meanwhile, the ex-premier cancelled his appointments for yesterday afternoon because he wanted to spend time with his family, according to his spokeswoman Sansanee Nakpong.

Thaksin had earlier scheduled a visit to a senior monk at 2pm at the Buddha Monthon religious complex in Nakhon Pathom and was to preside over the opening of a football clinic organised by Manchester City Football Club and the ThaiCom Foundation at 4.30pm.

Thaksin's ally Newin Chidchob said the former prime minister had not received any visitors yesterday and ordered many favourite dishes, including beef noodle soup, for lunch in his hotel suite.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/03/01...es_30066951.php

Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra will establish the "House Number 111 Foundation" to raise funds from the public to carry out charity work, a source said yesterday.

mmm, me think Mr T will dish out the funds one for you two for me one for you three for me etc etc

I think he should have been allowed to serve out his last term of office. as it were, the coup and PAD have yet to prove any guilt on the part of thaksin.

NONE! only heresay. and a lot of jealousy.

GO THAKSIN!

:o:D :D :D

Dang, don't you read the news? He concealed money, used his position in order for his family to buy land at under market value, sold a Thai telecommunication company to a foreign country, etc, etc, etc. I guess some folks just ain't gonna accept the facts.

accept the facts?

"sold thai tele company to foreign counry." so, what about the telenor sale to norway? what was that? and how about the samart sale to a malaysia company? what was that? these two transactions happened before thaksin even attempted to sell shin to singapore.

"use his position to buy land at under market value." hey. the property was put up for bid. do you know how bids work? do you know what an auction is?

"conceal money." if he concealed the money, then, how were the coup able to locate the money?

idiot. like I said... heresay. and a lot of jealousy.

thaksin went to a major international legal firm for their professional recommendation on the sale to singapore. and they gave him the ok.

http://bdo-thaitax.com/publications/pub_ta...us_2006_mar.pdf

accept the facts. yeah. right. why don't you?

So why did he flat-out lie about selling his company the day before he went to Singapore to sell it?

I don't know about this event. but I do know this. ..what thaksin did - selling shin to singapore was not a precedence. in other words, he was not the first to sell a thai telecom to another country. that being the case, he shouldn't be found guilty of any crime connected to selling a thai telecom.

I have watched the newspapers on what happened when dtac was sold to telenor of norway. and nowhere have I found the thai owner of the dtac being punished for selling the thai telecom to a foreign country.

do you know who owned dtac before it was sold?

I won't tell you because I want you to do the research.

Besides the fact that he lied about it. When Bill Clinton lied about his affair with Monica Lewinski people were calling for him to be impeached.

I don't care what they have to do to keep him out of politics. We don't need another lying prime minister in this world. He's head of a nation <deleted>. You don't lie to the public about selling a huge corporation tax-free.

you talk like a naive person. the nature of a politician is - not tell the whole truth. if they told everybody the whole truth all the time, they would never get elected. as for selling a huge corporation tax-free... if it is LEGAL, where is the problem with that? bottomline, dtac was sold to telenor of norway TAX-FREE, why are you not complaining about that??? the sale of dtac happpened before the sale of shin.

Maigo6,

Yes i would refuse. What i stand for and believe in means something to me. Does it not you?

So will you refuse to renew your present Visa in protest ? :D

you talk like a naive person. the nature of a politician is - not tell the whole truth. if they told everybody the whole truth all the time, they would never get elected. as for selling a huge corporation tax-free... if it is LEGAL, where is the problem with that? bottomline, dtac was sold to telenor of norway TAX-FREE, why are you not complaining about that??? the sale of dtac happpened before the sale of shin.

So if there was nothing wrong about his sale why did he lie about it?

Plus there were plenty of other shady things he did, too much tolerate.

Maigo6,

Maigo6,

Nail on the head, me ol cocker :D:burp:

So you would refuse Land ownership and easy visa regs in protest against a Prime Minister of a country where you don't have any say. :D

Yeah, OK. B)

Why are you now talking about refusing to renew visas in protest? What i was refusing to accept was your premise as below:

You were saying that if Thaksin made farangs' lives in Thailand a bit more comfortable, they would all suddenly change their tune.

You might jump into Thaksin's pocket in a flash, but i wouldn't, and i'm confident i wouldn't be alone.

Why are you now talking about refusing to renew visas in protest?

You did say you would refuse to own land and have easy visa regs as a protest, if that opportunity arose. ( Just read back )

As for me, I wouldn't refuse in protest, what would be the point, it changes nothing. I don't have a vote, I'm a Farang, that's all.

Anyway, it's not an arguement rixalex, though I feel that you would accept the Land ownership rights and easy Visa regs if a Thaksin government gave you the opportunity. :o

Why are you now talking about refusing to renew visas in protest?

You did say you would refuse to own land and have easy visa regs as a protest, if that opportunity arose. ( Just read back )

As for me, I wouldn't refuse in protest, what would be the point, it changes nothing. I don't have a vote, I'm a Farang, that's all.

Anyway, it's not an arguement rixalex, though I feel that you would accept the Land ownership rights and easy Visa regs if a Thaksin government gave you the opportunity. :o

I was refusing to accept that i would suddenly change my opinion about Khun Thaksin, were he to change the laws here and make land ownership possible, or ease up visa regulations. That was the premise of your orginal post, or have you forgotten?

If you are asking hypothetically, were Thaksin to be in a position to allow me to buy land in Thailand, would i do so or refuse in protest, the answer is no thanks. If you do a deal with the devil, expect to get your fingers burnt.

As for your final comment... please don't dare to presume you know me better than i know myself. Just because your opinion can be easily bought, doesn't mean we are all like that.

As for your final comment... please don't dare to presume you know me better than i know myself.

Haha.. The great warning off of March 1st.

Accepting easy visa regulations and Land ownership from a Thaksin led goverment, I certainly would.

I Know you wouldn't rixalex...oops, there I go again, making assumptions. :o

As for your final comment... please don't dare to presume you know me better than i know myself.

Haha.. The great warning off of March 1st.

Accepting easy visa regulations and Land ownership from a Thaksin led goverment, I certainly would.

I Know you wouldn't rixalex...oops, there I go again, making assumptions. :o

Somehow, with the stuff you are coming out with, it feels a bit more like April 1st.

The quote from Baboon says that Taksin forbade foreigners buying land. From my memory, of 20+ years visting Thailand, those laws preceeded Taksin. Am I wrong?

i'm curious, what exactly were these 'nationalist polices'? are you suggesting that as a politician he played the nationalist card to gain favour with his electorate? oh my.

The TRT was elected specifically on a Nationalist agenda after the Chuan government was blamed for selling off the nation to foreigners after the 1997 crisis. It continued to play the Nationalist card throughout its tenure in Government.

the TRT did not promote any specific "nationalist" agenda to get elected post Chuan. it did however manage to pay back the IMF loan ahead of schedule through sound fiscal management, and that was about as nationalist as he got. his administration was in fact very open to foreign investment and his policies revealed a desire to cut down on inneficient state organisations and bring in global competition. the 'nationalists' were in fact against him, he was continually troubled by resistence to his efforts to liberalise industry (remember EGAT?), and the entrenched bureaucratic elite were no doubt behind the movement against him. the greatest irony is that the piece of law which his government passed to enable foreign firms to increase their stake in the telecommunications sector to 49% was what finally led to the protests that led to his ouster. if nationalist notions were suited to promote any agenda, i'm sure he would have used it, but in reality he was more driven by the economic bottom line and the imperatives of global competition. he was pushing to open up infrastructure tenders to international firms, financed through private securitisation, he sought to modernise and restructure the logistics sector, recognising the potential to increase export competitiveness. and economic data shows they were successful, he greatly increased tax receipts and improved tax adminstration to produce consistent years of govt surplus. poverty levels in thailand almost halved during his tenure. but i digress..

are you spreading falsehoods on purpose, are you really working for The Nation? the FBA draft was initiated by the Junta government that overthrew Thaksin's administration. was Thaksin so short of bad policies that you have to borrow them from another government?

Who said the FBA amendment was TRT policy? He is directly responsible for it however because of the Shin Corp. sale to Temasek of Singapore.

:oi'll save you the embarrasement of having to argue further on that point. btw, the Temasek deal is probably the very opposite of a 'nationalist agenda' as you describe. it did however turn out to be a landmark deal in that it raised the issue of the role of sovereign funds in cross border investments. as the subprime fallout has shown, these soverign funds from singapore and other countries have bought up substantial stakes in Citibank, Merrill Lynch, Barclays, UBS etc...so if they are good enough for US and European firms, what were the Thais so paranoid about? frankly i think the Thai government is still grappling with that embarrassing moment of over-exhuberrant nationalistic angst and can't wait to sweep the whole thing under the carpet.

overall a very poor argument.

But one you seem to be losing nonetheless...

Edited by thedude

May I beg to disagree with this statement.

Some of us would continue to stand up, for democracy & justice, over greed & corruption, IMHO. :o

Foreign banks that came in after 1997 crisis were pushed out under Thaksin and his government financial master plan. Thailand also lost Orange and a couple of smaller telecom companies.

And buying off PTT and EGAT was never meant to liberalise their respective industries but rather the opposite - to consolidate and capitalise on their monopolistic market position.

I wouldn't call TRT government nationalistic, though. It was a government of big business, they would never sacrifice profits for nationalistic ideas. They didn't care about the country at all. Shin sale is a perfect example.

For over a decade Thais spent all their money to make AIS the best and richest Thai company (almost). Thaksin was importing stuff and selling it to Thais, all they learned from it is back office and marketing, no technology transfer, and unlike car makers, no local manufacturing. Then, after milking domestic market dry, he sold it off to Singapore so that Singaporeans can enjoy their pensions.

There's nothing nationalistis about that, only personal greed bordering on treason.

And now he suddenly loves Thailand and want to die on Thai soil. I wonder when he starts thinking about corporate responsibility to the country he loves so much. I hope he was sincere, hate to think his 'kraab' was only a lip service, literally.

For over a decade Thais spent all their money to make AIS the best and richest Thai company (almost). Thaksin was importing stuff and selling it to Thais, all they learned from it is back office and marketing, no technology transfer, and unlike car makers, no local manufacturing. Then, after milking domestic market dry, he sold it off to Singapore so that Singaporeans can enjoy their pensions.

There's nothing nationalistis about that, only personal greed bordering on treason.

And now he suddenly loves Thailand and want to die on Thai soil. I wonder when he starts thinking about corporate responsibility to the country he loves so much. I hope he was sincere, hate to think his 'kraab' was only a lip service, literally.

Yes, I agree. About his newfound nationalisim, I hope he is sincere too. What it means to me is he makes:

1. an acknowledgement and sincere apology of of his past mistakes,

2. somehow repaying the debt, to balance things out, eg tax, getting back national asset etc

3. over and above this, some appropriate and solid contribution to the country, & importantly, with the right motives.

This means more than a few nice sounding words and a simple "kraap". Time will tell how cheap he really is, and how much he really loves his homeland.

Edited by traveller5000

Hope they checked his bags for any towels before he left...

Thaksin checks out of luxury hotel: spokesperson

Ousted Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra on Saturday checked out of the luxury Bangkok hotel where he has been staying since his return from exile last week, his spokesperson said.

Sasani Nakpong declined to say where Thaksin would be moving to but said the 58-year-old former prime minister would remain in Thailand.

- The Nation

-------------------------------------

homeless? :o:D

================================================================================

*Update with a funny spin on one of his mia noi's book titles... :D

Thaksin, where are you?

Thaksin checks out of the Penninsula Hotel

Ousted Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra on Saturday checked out of the luxury Bangkok hotel where he has been staying since his return from exile last week, his spokesperson said.

Sasani Nakpong declined to say where Thaksin would be moving to but said the 58-year-old former prime minister would remain in Thailand. Since returning to Thailand on Thursday, Thaksin has been staying at the Peninsula Hotel.

"He already checked out of the Peninsula this morning. He said he needs more privacy for him and his family," Sasani said. A close aide to Thaksin denied rumours that he will travel to his native province of Chiang Mai.

- The Nation

------------------------------------------------------

perhaps hang out at the moo baan in Roi Et again?? :D

===============================================================================

*Update to the update

Thaksin off on holiday to Cha-am

He plans to holiday at his seaside home in Cha-am and visit his native Chiang Mai next week, allies said yesterday.

They insisted Thaksin intended to remain out of politics. "Thaksin wants privacy to spend time with his family," a family member said on condition of anonymity.

Foreign Minister Noppadon Pattama said Thaksin had no plans to resume political life. *still acting as his personal spokesman I see* "If you don't believe what I am saying you can draw your own conclusions based on actions and not speculative comments on how many prime ministers there are," he said.

Thaksin will live quietly with his family ahead of his first court session on March 12. He will then apply for permission to travel abroad to attend to affairs at Manchester City Football Club, he said.

He played down speculation about a meeting between Thaksin and Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej, saying the two had not made any plans to meet.

Thaksin's spokeswoman Sansanee Nakpong said there was no reason to speculate about the country having two prime ministers. "Samak is the elected prime minister, and Thaksin has returned to fight charges in the justice system," she said.

Many ministers have paid social visits to the former prime minister to renew old ties, she said.

Another spokesman *he's got three spokesmen???* , Pongthep Thepkanchana, said Thaksin had kissed the ground upon arrival on Thursday in "genuine respect for his homeland". It was not a staged act as critics claimed, he said. *yeah, ok... sure...if you say so*

Prime Minister Samak said the local news media seemed to have put undue emphasis on his possible meeting with Thaksin.

"The issue of this illusory meeting seems an attempt to sow distrust," he said.

He said he had ways to keep in touch with Thaksin without meeting publicly.

Roi Et member of Parliament Nisit Sinthuprai said he and other members from the Northeast wanted to pay a courtesy call on Thaksin some time next week. The meeting will be non-political in nature, he said, adding that he was making arrangements with Thaksin aides Newin Chidchob and Padung Limcharoenrat. :D

- The Nation

Edited by sriracha john