Visiting Tomorrow, Guest-house/hotel W/ Dsl Near S. Pattaya/walking St..?

sukatoro

hi all, after much reading here in the fora my wife and i have decided to fly over tomorrow and see what we think about staying over there instead of here in Patong for a bit... we're going to come in on the BKK Airways flight in the evening from Phuket and don't know where to head once there. we'll be lost as it will be our first time and would like to find somewhere to drop off our things for the night once were in town...

after some reading here i found that the Mosaik apt's looks to offer what nicely kitted-out apartments right near the nightlife and walking street, and have DSL options available easily, but don't know about just showing up at their door w/ bags in hand... we'd like to find somewhere tomorrow evening that we can homebase out of for a couple days (a week?) that has the internet connectivity i need located hear walking street, preferably w/ a balcony so we can observe the festivities. any suggestions?

i know that many always try to plan ahead and reserve online but i have been burned many times when upon arrival i find that the pictures on the website do not really reflect what i already paid for, so any suggestions as to good spots to check upon arrival w/in walking distance of the nightlife (walking street?) would be greatly appreciated, thx in advance friends... looking forward to escaping the developer, tuk-tuk, perambulator overrun nightmare Patong has become in recent years.

:o

i presume your flying into utupao airport??? you do know this is a fair way outside pattaya......30 to 40 min in a taxi,not sure there is any bus service from there as is a very small airport.once in pattaya i suggest a drive up walkin st if you get into town before 7pm otherwise no cars in walkin st.....there are plenty of places to stay and im sure there not all fully booked as its gettin into low season by now...at the top end of walkin st(nr bali high pier) are a few nice places.im sorry im bad at remembering names,also there are rooms above some of the bars/gogos in the side streets of walkin st if you wanna be in the action...you dont have to walk thru the bar to get in and out!!! there is a street called soi bj(in walkin st) which has an ok hotel and internet etc ,on the left as you go down it but the one on the right is not good!!pattay is full of hotels etc.....there is a lot on the road that runs parallel with walkin st...some call it second road and some call it the beginning of pratumnak road,but is within walkin distance and has varied standards of rooms.sorry i cant be more specific as to names but if your in a taxi then just stop a few places near walkin st and check them out....im sure the driver wont mind if you give him a tip.i think you should find a nice room for between 700-1200 bt a night but there are some crap rooms for 400 to 600 bt a night.i have no doubt that you would find a room within walkin distance of walkin st but even if you find a place on the beach rd then it is a 2 minute journey on a baht bus(10 baht each or 5 baht if you wanna be cheap)to walkin st and then you would be near beach too although jomtien seems to be the better beach area.hope this helps.

There are no decent hotels on walking street except the big one at the far end (Bayshore).

Better to check out the Lek on second road (see online), and within walking distance of WS,

and there are another dozen within a stone's throw from the Lek. At this time of year walk in should be ok with most.

Enjoy Pattaya's Bt10 tuk tuk's :o

Naka.

Edited by naka

thx for all the replies friends, wow... my wife is going to be pissed i didn't look into the airport situation closer... did not realize it was that far from Pattaya! is there a bus that runs in, what can we expect to have to pay to get into town? was able to book a room over at the Mosaik for tonight and since they list internet as a perk over there i am hoping we are set for the evening (aside from katoeys and illicit substances, but i haven't seen the room service menu yet!).

thx for all the clarification friends, most welcome as always..!

Last time I did it it cost about 600 baht I think. Don't think there are any buses, but ask at the airport.

This is a small airport, so don't expect lines of taxis waiting to pick you up. If you haven't booked you might need to start asking any taxis you see dropping off if they will bring you back to Pattaya.

It's a bit of a joke that BKK airlines call Utapao 'Pattaya airport', but it is alot closer than Swampypoom.

Hi,

If you try the Suvarnabhumi airport forum They will have bell's coaches & the yellow line busses.

Pretty cheap.

I would give you the info I have but last year is to dated. I think it was around 200 baht per person . Ask the airport for the transpo to the bus (as it is not at the airport & some dweeb taxi driver might try to drive you to Bangkok to catch the bus or overcharge you for the 5 min trip to the bus terminal) Bell Travel's # is 038-370-055-6 If it is the same timetable they have a 12 pm 2 pm or 4pm bus. The Yellow line is About 40 baht cheaper. It was under 2 hrs from the time of getting out of the airport & into Pattaya..... maybe less. But the airport forum is real helpful. They post the yellow line as well- I think yellow runs 1 hr. different than bell

Enjoy your stay!

Hi,

If you try the Suvarnabhumi airport forum They will have bell's coaches & the yellow line busses.

Pretty cheap.

I would give you the info I have but last year is to dated. I think it was around 200 baht per person . Ask the airport for the transpo to the bus (as it is not at the airport & some dweeb taxi driver might try to drive you to Bangkok to catch the bus or overcharge you for the 5 min trip to the bus terminal) Bell Travel's # is 038-370-055-6 If it is the same timetable they have a 12 pm 2 pm or 4pm bus. The Yellow line is About 40 baht cheaper. It was under 2 hrs from the time of getting out of the airport & into Pattaya..... maybe less. But the airport forum is real helpful. They post the yellow line as well- I think yellow runs 1 hr. different than bell

Enjoy your stay!

Ummmm - Utapao airport?

Hi,

Pretty cheap.

Enjoy your stay!

Ummmm - Utapao airport?

Sorry Many apologies, It was late last night & thought it was the Suvarnabhumi airport not the Utapao airport Doh!