A Must To Speak Thai ?

It is a must for foreigners to speak and write Thai in order to work in Thai Company? And is there any recuitment agency in Thailand where they help foreigners to look for a job in Thailand? Pls advice me... Thank you.

It is a must for foreigners to speak and write Thai in order to work in Thai Company? And is there any recuitment agency in Thailand where they help foreigners to look for a job in Thailand? Pls advice me... Thank you.

Speaking from experience (multinational firm). ..no.

But learning the language is always beneficial..and as far as I'm concerned...learning to read/write is a pre-requisite to being able to speak/listen properly.

It is so dependent on the company and what business it conducts, it is hard to say straight yes or no.

If it is a large company that is involved with international business, then there is often a place for a non-Thai speaking foreigner, not many, but a few. But for a Thai company dealing only with other domestic Thai companies, then you must speak and read Thai.

For a multi-national company, the answer is very little Thai is needed, but English is a must.

TH

Edited by thaihome