Yet Another Enforced Dry Day Coming!

begsaresponse

I know we all have just recovered from a number of enforced 'dry' days.

Well I have just had a horrible thought in relation to the New Mayor of Pattaya.

Will the elections herald yet another enforced dry day(s)? Yuk :o what a thought!!

Anyone got the 'gen' on this yet?

Hope I am wrong!

Well I have just had a horrible thought in relation to the New Mayor of Pattaya.

Will the elections herald yet another enforced dry day(s)? Yuk :o what a thought!!

Hope I am wrong!

I hope you're wrong too, but what a sad, sad topic :D

Hope I am wrong!

I hope you're wrong too, but what a sad, sad topic :D

I'm afraid you are hoping in vain.

Better get stocked up. :D

I am pretty sure the dry days are only for national elections, I don't remember the bars closing last time for a Mayoral election.

They haven't had dry days for many election, but this is the Land of Make-it-up as-you-go-along. So buy a tea mug or a bigger fridge.

Guest RealEstateBroker

OK, IF we will have another dry day or dry weekend what is the best guess of when ? Thanks !

Are you all alcoholics? Reading these topics and the hand wringing that seems a prerequisite, I wonder if you are all boys or men. It's sad how many of your lives revolve around alcohol.

Go read a book.

Go drink a beer you uptight git. :o

Edited by Ungabunga

Was speaking to a Thai bar owner in East Pattaya last night. Apparently yesterday all owners of bars in East Pattaya went to a meeting at city hall. Were told yes another election coming and yes bars will be closed. A few complained and said they only had foreign customers, were told they live in Kingdom of Thailand and those are the rules.

They were also told all bars must close at midnight. Clients can finish drinks, but TV / music etc must go off. Smokers ......they were told if they see someone smoking in their bar and the refuse to put ciggie out , they have emergency number they can call for instant police response !!!

Was speaking to a Thai bar owner in East Pattaya last night. Apparently yesterday all owners of bars in East Pattaya went to a meeting at city hall. Were told yes another election coming and yes bars will be closed. A few complained and said they only had foreign customers, were told they live in Kingdom of Thailand and those are the rules.

They were also told all bars must close at midnight. Clients can finish drinks, but TV / music etc must go off. Smokers ......they were told if they see someone smoking in their bar and the refuse to put ciggie out , they have emergency number they can call for instant police response !!!

"refuse to put ciggie out , they have emergency number they can call for instant police response !!!"

were you on jack coke or was it the Thai bar owner?

• 4 weeks later...

COUNT DOWN FOR THE NEW MAYOR OF PATTAYA BEGINS

The first day of a 5-day period for the applications for the positions of Mayor of Pattaya and Pattaya City Council Members on April 1, 2008, saw an eager throng of candidates and supporters in Pattaya City Hall‘s Tapraya Meeting Room, many arriving early, including the three mayoral candidates. All candidates displayed supreme confidence about winning the election.

The director and president of the Election Commission of Chonburi were Messrs Phoonsak Sankagaew and Arnon Rewathananon, respectively, with those for Pattaya being Messrs. Sithibparp Mueng-kum, and Koson Uan-gleang. The Election Commission of Pattaya asked the three contenders to draw a candidate number, which were as follows: Miss Alisa Bpanthusak got No. 1, Mr.Ithiphol Kun-pluem , No. 2 and Mr.Surat Mekawarakul , No. 3.

Commenting on their respective number allocations and feelings, the candidates had this to say: Miss Alisa Bpanthusak said "I am delighted to get No. 1. It was the number I was expecting and is considered to be lucky. I am confident about all the zones and not worried about competing with those with more experience because I've got experience of my own in working and business administration. Besides, I'm also modern thinking and have working concepts of how to develop the city. I believe that I could lead Pattaya city into being a modern, progressive city."

Later on, Election Commission members will investigate the qualifications of all candidates and will publicly invite all the people to come to vote in the election. On April9 08, all the candidate teams and independent candidates will be invited for a meeting where the articles of the election laws are explained and they will be asked to abide by them.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000005549

is that the election day april 9th or meeting day?

and is it a alcohol free day anyone know?

bertie or britmaverick???

chris

I'm hoping that there will be some serious discussion on this (as opposed to concerns about whether not the bars will be open). I can't vote, of course; but like many on this forum, I am a resident of the Pattaya area (not in the city). As such, I would very much like to see some siginificant improvement in the infrastructure and law enforcement effort here.

Does anybody have some factual, pertinent information on the candidates? Is there any reason to hope that there can be some tangible changes for the better with a new administration; or is the corruption and inept beaurocracy so firmly entrenched that we are doomed to more of the same, regardless of who is elected?

"I'm hoping that there will be some serious discussion on this (as opposed to concerns about whether not the bars will be open)"

I think that is bad Manners!!

No personal insult intended, Chris. I apologize if you took it as such. :o I was simply pointing out that I think there are issues about this election that are of much more importance to all of us than a day without a bar. Just make sure that you always have a few cold ones in the fridge. That's what I do! :D

I am sorry to say that I think you'll find it's will be more of the same old same old.

Since I first knew Pattaya in 1992 it has not changed one iota in quality of infrastructure. Oh sure they prettify Beach road every now and again but take a look at the shoddy workmanship. It is blindingly obvious that the contractor is either cutting every corner in the book to maximise profit or is completely incompetent or (more likely) both AND a relative of someone in City Hall. Look at the road works going on around town at any one time. Is there any attempt to coordinate the requirements for these works? Again look at the quality, or lack, of the "finished" works, it is no wonder they have to keep coming back to make good.

The new mayor, or mayoress, make come in with grandiose statements about the "New Look" city council striving towards raising the international image of Pattaya. But then they get in their office and, apart from a few photocalls for insignificant projects and calls for urgent police action after yet another high profile crime against a tourist, disappear from the radar.

I am sorry to say that I think you'll find it's will be more of the same old same old.

Since I first knew Pattaya in 1992 it has not changed one iota in quality of infrastructure. Oh sure they prettify Beach road every now and again but take a look at the shoddy workmanship. It is blindingly obvious that the contractor is either cutting every corner in the book to maximise profit or is completely incompetent or (more likely) both AND a relative of someone in City Hall. Look at the road works going on around town at any one time. Is there any attempt to coordinate the requirements for these works? Again look at the quality, or lack, of the "finished" works, it is no wonder they have to keep coming back to make good.

The new mayor, or mayoress, make come in with grandiose statements about the "New Look" city council striving towards raising the international image of Pattaya. But then they get in their office and, apart from a few photocalls for insignificant projects and calls for urgent police action after yet another high profile crime against a tourist, disappear from the radar.

That about sums up Leeds in England!!! same same :o

Are you all alcoholics? Reading these topics and the hand wringing that seems a prerequisite, I wonder if you are all boys or men. It's sad how many of your lives revolve around alcohol.

Go read a book.

Yea I am a araholic ou have a prooblemm whit that :D

:o oh yea?

may be the bible? :D

Go read a book.

The books I read are so wonderful I need to celebrate with a beer.

Or sometimes they are so awful I need a beer to cry in.

Edited by BugJackBaron

Go read a book.

Now that you,re banned you have plenty of opportunity to read. Enjoy. I,ll have a beer and think of you. :o