Rye Bread-home Made!

thaigerd

Today afternoon another Phuket member an me made a test baking: Rye Bread!

It sounds more difficult as it is :D .

We have used a bread mix, 400g of this bread mix, 600g flour, 10g yeast and 10g salt........voila and easy.sorry just forgot the water:700ml.

For the costs:

After finishing baking and test eating(the best part that afternoon: oven fresh bread with a real crust!!!!!)

we've made a calculation:

1 bread is about 55Baht :o

Here some pictures from the process and final result:

May be my co-baker comes a bit later into this post and explains the story behind this bread mix.

Gerd

Oven fresh bread with a real crust... I can almost smell it, and my mouth is watering! The smell of fresh bread baking in the house is one of those wonderful smells. Reminds me of being a kid in Grandma's house.

You say that you have used a bread mix. How does that work? Am I right that you just add the common ingredients (yeast, flour, water, salt) and the mix contains all of the rye grain etc to make the rye bread?

If that is the case, it sounds like a great idea. Where to get the mix? Are there more varieties?

Oven fresh bread with a real crust... I can almost smell it, and my mouth is watering! The smell of fresh bread baking in the house is one of those wonderful smells. Reminds me of being a kid in Grandma's house.

You say that you have used a bread mix. How does that work? Am I right that you just add the common ingredients (yeast, flour, water, salt) and the mix contains all of the rye grain etc to make the rye bread?

If that is the case, it sounds like a great idea. Where to get the mix? Are there more varieties?

Yes, it is realy a great idea and it works very easy.

More varieties are available in an online shop (not mine) very soon. So people who are not living in a big city here in Thailand will be able to order these products and bake their own breads.

If you want to know more about this shop feel free to send me pm.

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

as you know, I frequently bake my own bread - here a suggestion - get some sunflower seeds, toast them and add them to the dow - its a fantastic flavor and the added crunch ... be perfect with some of your cheese

John

Hi Gerd,

as you know, I frequently bake my own bread - here a suggestion - get some sunflower seeds, toast them and add them to the dow - its a fantastic flavor and the added crunch ... be perfect with some of your cheese

John

Sorry to tell you that on the first test slice I've had your German Leberwurst :o , hmmmm great.

But I will try your sunflower seeds suggestion at our next baking session later this week.

Gerd

really great Gerd and I am your Co-Baker

looking forward to the next session with Baguette and Rolls

@ bino: these products will be available at my online shop lateron this month and will be sent all over Thailand. Exact baking instructions and Fotos included. Easy to make, so everyone can do it !

shop website to follow soon

Seppl :o

• 5 months later...

@ bino: these products will be available at my online shop lateron this month and will be sent all over Thailand. Exact baking instructions and Fotos included. Easy to make, so everyone can do it !

i need that bread mix, when will the online shop pop up in here ?

I need that bread mix, NOW....I am almost starving after reading that, saliva is dropping in the keyboard....oven fresh rye bread...... :D

PM me and I'll let you know

Seppl