Proof Of Income

I just wanted someone to explain to me the 'proof of income' required when applying to stay in LOS on the basis of marriage.

I work in UK for a company that pays me by cheque weekly and i am classed as self employed.

I can easily fulfill the requirement but i wanted to know if anyone knows what the British Embassy requires as proof of income..tax records, credits to account, copies of cheques ?

Just want to get everything straight before i go.

…I work in UK for a company that pays me by cheque weekly and i am classed as self employed…

In such situation I think a letter from your client would be appropriate, perhaps saying something like “we confirm that Mr. abc works for our company and we pay him a weekly remuneration of GBP 555”

--

Maestro

I'd like to know this too.. This is what is says on the thai embassy website in my homecounrty:

"B. Non-Immigrant Visa 1 yr ( Multiple Entries )

Those who are married with Thai :-

* Copy of Marriage Certificate

* Copy of Spouse's Thai ID Card / Thai passport"

It says nothing about showing proof of your income. Im in a tricky situation too, im making my living thru the internet and can't really show any paperwork of my income.

The requirement for proof of income is not for the application for a visa at the Thai embassy/consulate, it is for the application for extension of stay at an immigration office in Thailand.

--

Maestro

The requirement for proof of income is not for the application for a visa at the Thai embassy/consulate, it is for the application for extension of stay at an immigration office in Thailand.

Maestro

Thanks very much Maestro.

Would a letter from a client (and or proof of payments) suffice for the extension of stay application at an Immigration office in Thailand ?

Maestro

Would a letter from a client (and or proof of payments) suffice for the extension of stay application at an Immigration office in Thailand ?

I needed proof of income for my application, (not for extension). The immigration office required a letter from the Embassy for my income, they were not interested in any other financial documents.

For extension on the basis of Thai spouse you must prove a family income of 40k per month and for foreign income that will normally require Embassy letterhead. What Embassy requires varies.

I needed proof of income for my application, (not for extension).

At which Thai embassy or consulate was this? As Lopburi says it may vary from one consulate to another and it would be interesting for others to know which Thai consulate asks for proof of income with an application for a non-O visa to visit family.

--

Maestro

I needed proof of income for my application, (not for extension). The immigration office required

If you were at an Immigration Office the issue of a visa was issued on extension of stay criteria (for extension of stay) rather than Consulate (for visit).

I needed proof of income for my application, (not for extension).

At which Thai embassy or consulate was this? As Lopburi says it may vary from one consulate to another and it would be interesting for others to know which Thai consulate asks for proof of income with an application for a non-O visa to visit family.

--

Maestro

It was actually at Thai immigration. Lopburi probably remembers more about my application than me. (i think he keeps a member database!!!!)

Now I got it, Nidge. Jckei, to whose post I replied, was talking about a visa application at a Thai embassy, you got a change of visa at the local immigration office preparatory to an annual extension of stay.

--

Maestro

Here is what you should do (and what I did the past 3 years).

1) Have your company write a letter stating your name, passport number, your position in the company, how long you've been employed and what salary you currently receive.

2) Go to a translation office and translate it from English into Thai. Make sure this is a translation office that your Embassy recognizes. If needed, ask them for a list first. Every Embassy recognizes different translation offices.

3) Go to your Embassy with the original letter in English and the Thai translation and have them notarize or confirm the translation. They will stamp the 2 documents along with the notarization or confirmation.

Take those 3 documents to get your 1-year visa extension at the Immigration. They will accept.

Here is what you should do (and what I did the past 3 years).

1) Have your company write a letter stating your name, passport number, your position in the company, how long you've been employed and what salary you currently receive.

2) Go to a translation office and translate it from English into Thai. Make sure this is a translation office that your Embassy recognizes. If needed, ask them for a list first. Every Embassy recognizes different translation offices.

3) Go to your Embassy with the original letter in English and the Thai translation and have them notarize or confirm the translation. They will stamp the 2 documents along with the notarization or confirmation.

Take those 3 documents to get your 1-year visa extension at the Immigration. They will accept.

Has the requirement to take the notarised documentation to the Thai Foreign Office who will confirm the Embassy stamp been dispensed with?

I just wanted someone to explain to me the 'proof of income' required when applying to stay in LOS on the basis of marriage.

I work in UK for a company that pays me by cheque weekly and i am classed as self employed.

I can easily fulfill the requirement but i wanted to know if anyone knows what the British Embassy requires as proof of income..tax records, credits to account, copies of cheques ?

Just want to get everything straight before i go.

My assumption for your being classified as self-employed is that you are working under contract to said company. While it could be tricky, take some time and do things right. Check with the British Embassy in BKK as to what THEY require to issue the letter to you. Once you have that then the rest should be a cake walk. The requirements for income verification vary from country to country that is why I recommend you check with the British Embassy in Bangkok.

For my "family" visa, immigration asked for salary advice slips, and a letter from the compamy providing that money. The tax seemed to cinfuse them so I had to also get a letter from the embassy. All I did at the embassy was show my passport and the advice slip.

For my "family" visa, immigration asked for salary advice slips, and a letter from the compamy providing that money. The tax seemed to cinfuse them so I had to also get a letter from the embassy...

For foreign income, the embassy letter is a standard requirement. The supporting documents, eg letter from employer, are optional and need to be provided to immigration only if requested.

--

Maestro