Extending 30 Day Tourist Visa

Hi,I am a newbie to posting and had a look trough previous postings before asking for advise but I get confused with so many different visas and time is not on my side.So,some good advise is needed please.I am from England and have a Thai wife(if that makes any difference)I have a 30 day tourist stamp from the airport when I entered the country which expires in 4 days(March 15th),I have been to Thailnd many times and this is the first time I've been turned away from the local immigration office in Phibum and told I must laeve the country to get a visa!I only need an extra five days before going back to England.The odd thing is I only did this a few months ago and the immigration officer who is normally so helpful said he had a new boss and wouldnt or couldnt do it for me?,if I have to go to Loas then so be it,I'm only 60km away from a border immigration,so my questions are these,

Can I go back to the imm.office and ask them again?

If I go to Laos (chok mek border)tomorrow what documentation do I need?(re-entry paperwork?)

can I do it at the border?(my wife wants to go shopping for a couple of hours and come back to the border)

Many thanks Gazbev.

If you just want to make a border run, and get another 30 visa exempt stamp, you do not need any re-entry paperwork since you will be leaving and coming back in on a new entry, not trying to preserve a previous entry. There is a limit of 90 days in the last 6 months using visa exempt stamps though.

Don't know anything about this border point and if they do 30 day visa exempt stamps there.

Did you use your one time 60 day extension for being married to a Thai? Not sure if you can do it on a 30 day exempt stamp though.

Edited by jstumbo

Usually Immigration will give you 7 days if you have a flight ticket.

Thanks for the prompt reply,not so lucky then I need 8 days!I'm told Chock Mek do the visas,just a bit nervous,if things dont go to plan I've got to rush to Bangkok,dont want an overstay in this passport.Gaz

I'm sure the Immigration officer would have helped me if He could,it must be something to do with having a visa exempt stamp rather than the old style 30 day visas,i'm guessing,thanks for the help just have to try my luck.Gaz

Edited by mangojuice

If you just want to make a border run, and get another 30 visa exempt stamp, you do not need any re-entry paperwork since you will be leaving and coming back in on a new entry, not trying to preserve a previous entry. There is a limit of 90 days in the last 6 months using visa exempt stamps though.

Don't know anything about this border point and if they do 30 day visa exempt stamps there.

Did you use your one time 60 day extension for being married to a Thai? Not sure if you can do it on a 30 day exempt stamp though.

Sorry didnt read your post properly,I dont know anything about the 60 day extension but I'm sure that must have been what they have given me before.Gaz

Immigration can not provide more than 7 days and as your OP said you only needed five days it has caused confusion; as now you say you need 8 days. There is a special 60 visa wife one time provision for extension but they may have provided you (per your post) or they may not know about it. Believe your best best is a quick border run - which means you must exit Thailand, obtain visa(at border)/entry other country and then return. You will need normal visa photos and money for visa (about 1,200 baht I believe but varies by nationality). Your wife should stop for border pass at Thai immigration office and then will be able to go into Laos with you if she wants.

Immigration can not provide more than 7 days and as your OP said you only needed five days it has caused confusion; as now you say you need 8 days. There is a special 60 visa wife one time provision for extension but they may have provided you (per your post) or they may not know about it. Believe your best best is a quick border run - which means you must exit Thailand, obtain visa(at border)/entry other country and then return. You will need normal visa photos and money for visa (about 1,200 baht I believe but varies by nationality). Your wife should stop for border pass at Thai immigration office and then will be able to go into Laos with you if she wants.

My apologies I did say 5 days,I meant 8,so I'l take your advice and go to Laos tomorrow morning,it does seem odd that I always use the same immigration office and had the 60 day extension issued at least 3 times before?? Cheers Gaz