Proof Of Pension Letter

I will be renewing my retirement visa in late July for the first time and plan on using a pension letter with declaration of more than 65,000 baht monthly income. Does Immigration want the pension letter to be dated less than one month old or will they accept a letter that I'm thinking about getting when I go to the US Embassy on other business later this month, i.e., a three month old pension letter? I will be dealing with Nong Khai Immigration in July.

Since a Proof of Pension letter is valid for one year on renewal. How many months before your renewal of your retirement visa can you get a letter from the embassy? I already got my visa renewal in February with the 800K in a thai bank. But next year I won't have it. Would a new letter be valid 3 months prior to renewal?

Do not believe there is any set in stone answer - best you ask Nong Khai directly.

I thought last year when they announced that they would take the original letters that it was stated the proof of income letter would only be good for 1 year. So if you get a new letter anytime during the next year of your current extension that this letter can now be used at the time of your next extension as this will be within 1 year of issue.

An example of this: I just got a new letter from the US Embassy ACS folks on the March 21 visit to Pattaya. I am not due for renewing my extension until early September,,,,,,,,,,but if the letter is good for a year I am OK as I believe the new procedure will allow this.

PK

Do not believe there is any set in stone answer - best you ask Nong Khai directly.

I thought last year when they announced that they would take the original letters that it was stated the proof of income letter would only be good for 1 year. So if you get a new letter anytime during the next year of your current extension that this letter can now be used at the time of your next extension as this will be within 1 year of issue.

An example of this: I just got a new letter from the US Embassy ACS folks on the March 21 visit to Pattaya. I am not due for renewing my extension until early September,,,,,,,,,,but if the letter is good for a year I am OK as I believe the new procedure will allow this.

PK

PK,, Thanks for the info. I will also do it next time they come to Pattaya.