Turning Thai

Neeranam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, when going to wok the other day, I felt nothing wrong with stopping at a motorbike and looking at myself in the wing mirror and even though I have short hair, patting it all down
:D

I think that depends if you were popping your pimples at the same time.
:o

A Thai told me in America they don't have the bum spray. They have the similar one for washing dishes. Is it true?

My mother in Vietnam refused to use it 3 years ago but now has 2 for her 2 toilets. However brother and his wife cannot be convinced that it's better than using toilet paper. :o

A Thai told me in America they don't have the bum spray. They have the similar one for washing dishes. Is it true?

Yes. In fact, Thai bum guns originated from the American kitchen sink. An enterprising Thai home builder saw them on one of his trips to the USA and decided the kitchen sink contraption could be nicely adapted to spraying the bum as well. He bought an armload of them and returned to Thailand to rescue dirty bums. The idea took off.

Those footprints on the toilet seat are mine. :o

lol - I left some on the seat at Amsterdam airport a couple of years ago and the Ladbrokes in Aberdeen - disgusting really Western toilet design.

I'll be in Melbourne next week - 3 years ago I didn't use the toilet paper there - I won't go into details but there is a way.

Hahaha, yeah! I was back in Blighty recently and hated using paper; have always thought it barbaric. If I ever do go back to stay, I'll take 2 or 3 bum-guns, that's for sure. :D

but dont your clothes get wet using them? :D

My baby daughter was playing with the Santa clauses on the front window today which made me think, "my God, I've turned Thai!". We still have the gold-coloured Happy New Year across the top of the door too. Obviously it doesn't bother the wife(being Thai), and it doesn't bother me - leave it there til next year.

Also, when going to wok the other day, I felt nothing wrong with stopping at a motorbike and looking at myself in the wing mirror and even though I have short hair, patting it all down :o

Have you turned Thai - how?

I pick my nose....anyware.

-------------------------

But do you eat it or wipe it on your pants... :D

Walking around in what we call flip flop or substantially open ended shoes, strimming on the farm in sandals and shorts, eating sticky rice and BBQ Pla Nin, eating Som-Tam :

Riding a motor-cycle to local mkt for the best bargains sitting at road side eateries that would never have been allowed to open in the UK (I must add I never had food poisoning from eating at these places)

Speaking a reasonable amount of Thai after 4 years certainly enough practical thai to get round the mkts and having half conversations using that language called thailish

Does that mean I am integrating in the society:

Despite everything I still love it in this country

My baby daughter was playing with the Santa clauses on the front window today which made me think, "my God, I've turned Thai!". We still have the gold-coloured Happy New Year across the top of the door too. Obviously it doesn't bother the wife(being Thai), and it doesn't bother me - leave it there til next year.

Also, when going to wok the other day, I felt nothing wrong with stopping at a motorbike and looking at myself in the wing mirror and even though I have short hair, patting it all down :o

Have you turned Thai - how?

I guess I have to a degree .... I no longer think about:

The people who ride their motorcycles at night with no lights on

Those who jump queues

The constant debate about which number was dreamt about last night

The constant bickering of Thai politicians

The never ending steam of goegeous girls that pass by

Being called "Hey You"

Being asked if I like Man Utd

and yes I leave footprints on the toilet!!!!

Six years on, since I am a male I now have no ambition at all. The girlfriend and the maid leaves me only the responsibility to shave and shower. I don't even have to do that daily anymore. I now have a credo, "Everything always works out in Thailand".

I didn't blink an eye when the maid was sick and I check the medication from the street pharmacist. For a cold she was taking medication to increase breast milk production in pregnant women. It didn't help her cold or produce any milk as she is very old and not pregnant.

People have stopped asking me for a loan.

I actually get perturbed if someone doesn't stand up to honor the King before a movie starts.

I conduct "drop drills" that were popular during the Cold War in America in the 1950's in preparation for the next coup d'état.

Bum guns are the most used and desired accessory in my home. In fact they should not ever be considered an accessory but a necessity.

I find myself bowing whenever I walk between anyone (even on the golf course with my hairy-arsed mates). :D

I quite happily sit on a motor bike to go to and from work and let him go as fast as he wants without worrying. :D

If there is a baby within 50 metres, I feel an uncontrollable urge to go and mother-hen it. B)

I say "oh-hooor" when something exciting or different happens (this is also uncontrollable, but does need some kind of attention, I realize that). :D

I say "ow-EE" if I drop something. :D

I count in Thai (verbally and mentally). :D

I happily sit behind someone holding the WHOLE of Sukhumvit Road up with some bizarre driving maneuver, and remain calm :o

Am I getting close???

PS - I do still have a huge member and I am getting fat, so I guess I am nowhere near being Thai just yet :D

Edit...changed the 'member' word from being a rude one

Edited by CymruAmByth

I did actually stop at the bottom of the escallator the other day to think where I was going :o

:D :D

Driving at a sedate 45 km's per hour on a busy single lane road, holding up the traffic, simply because you are not in a hurry to go anywhere.

does

put some fish sauce will make it better,

oh your bleeding put some fish sauce on it.

and always looking for fresh green papaya.

get excited when ever i see a new kind of sticky rice.

Edited by Zeid

I look everywhere for signs which could mean lottery numbers.

How many times did that dog bark?

Auspicious lottery numbers are all around us; but the death tolls from accidents on the news are especially important.

I fell asleep on a wall the other day. After eating all that pla raa.

Yes. In fact, Thai bum guns originated from the American kitchen sink. An enterprising Thai home builder saw them on one of his trips to the USA and decided the kitchen sink contraption could be nicely adapted to spraying the bum as well. He bought an armload of them and returned to Thailand to rescue dirty bums. The idea took off.

source please.

Tonight I said to one of my ex -pat friends, 'I was in the market today and there was a stall selling a new range of King T shirts, all nice colours, price 100 Baht and they had our size - Eck L!

He replied, no need to to speak Thai to me mate!!. We had a good laugh!!!!

source please.

I dont know if he has a source but I remodeled my upstairs bathroom here in the States last year and installed a kitchen sink sprayer next to the toilet . Now I think about my next trip to Thailand every time I do my bizness :o