Where Can I Buy Good Vinyl Lp's?

Dr. Burrito

there is a second hand store in an market area called coco walk, next to rachatewi bts station.

if you come out of pan thip plaza turn left, walk to the end of the road and turn left, walk down the road until you approach the skytrain station, on your left hand side there are a few restarants and a thai style bar complex, coco walk is right there, its a small night time market area.

he could also try the 4th floor seacon square, in the market area, there is a least one stall in there that sells second hand vinyl and cds, but its a bit hard to describe its location, he would just have to look around.

also on a saturday evening there is a market on ratchadpisek road beside the lat praw intersection it sells all sorts of junk, more like a flea market, i have seen vinyl there as well.

happy hunting.

Here's some info I saved from a forum from some years ago.

It may or may not be applicable now, you'll just have to check it out and see.

.. you can buy rock and pop in world trade third floor, "music one" I think is the name

Or try Ekami mall, third floor again.. music shop.

You can buy hip hop there also.. but very little and it aint cheap.

You might be able to find a little more obscure and OLDER stuff at chatu-chuk market.. if you come in at the corner.. the very corner of the market.. there is a small stall right there with vinyl.. sorry I cant explain where it is better than that.

Also in Panthip Plaza.. second floor, turn left, on the side is a music shop with some vinyl.

One more place.. but really only dance music.. HollyWood IT center on Petburi.. if you get off the skytrain at Rachatewi its right as you walk down to the street.. turn left into the back entrance of Hollywood IT and there is a place there called MIX UP.. its a DJ shop.

If you're interested in old and obscure stuff (adult pop, R&B, songwriter, rock'n roll, 70s rock, thai/vietnamese/chinese pop) you might also want to cruise Chinatown. Don't know the exact adress, but in the area around Wat Chakrawat (off Chakrawat Rd.) are a couple of small record stores where you frequently can find forgotten gems. Prices range from 70 to 200 Baht.

About 2 months ago I had to bring my laptop in for service at the IBM building, very near the Ari BTS station. In the downstairs/basement area (near Pizza Co) is a little shop that looks like it's run by an afficianado, has vinyl records and various related equipment. Would definitely be worth checking out if you are into that sort of thing. From my (hazy) memory I think he had a bunch of Elvis-era records hanging up in there.

Happy hunting.