Tesco Lotus On Phangan

TESCO up date, actual situation today 11. June 2008

I guess opening very soon

ham

and that's the guy who sold the land, or at least was before on that place. Wood Supply!

Seems that they made a good deal ;-)

and that's the situation at Sunset Hill in Had Chaopao, the first apartment complex (sorry for pure quality of the pic)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ham

and that's the guy who sold the land, or at least was before on that place. Wood Supply!

and that's the situation at Sunset Hill in Had Chaopao, the first apartment complex (sorry for pure quality of the pic)

No way! So that's how he got to build that heeeeeeeuuuuge house. I did wonder if wood was really that profitable!

Sunshit hill,

took him something like 3 yrs to built just 1 building.

heard he's been ripped off a few times already, for a couple of million baht.

let's hope that tesco really opens in july the sooner the better

Sunshit hill,

that's just the beginning! Not only one! Many planned! The site was stopped through government issues regarding the high of the buildings. Thats what the local say! But after more then one year of "stand by" probably the right people were paid, I guess. Now the work is in progress and the first add-map incl. a CD is out, will say is on public right now.

here some scanned shots out of it: :o

• 3 weeks later...
The guy also has money problems I heard and has a very hard time selling these ugly and expensive apartments.

You don't even own the land if you buy one.

You generally never do own land outright when you buy an apartment - even in the UK.

ham

I heard that that isn't the same guy who has the wood shop. And the land is rented not sold $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Sunshit hill,

that's just the beginning! Not only one! Many planned! The site was stopped through government issues regarding the high of the buildings. Thats what the local say! But after more then one year of "stand by" probably the right people were paid, I guess. Now the work is in progress and the first add-map incl. a CD is out, will say is on public right now.

here some scanned shots out of it: :D

Hight of the buildings....lol... anybody seen that shit what grand <deleted>....g sea resort is building. disgusting :D:D:o

To sunlife2000 they are higher than the german bar and kindly blocking the seaview, and to poorsucker the bar was there first, ca 7 years. And yes it is ugly, pathatic and out of proportion and just for moneylaundering. :o

Been hearing various reports/rumours of Tesco Lotus planning to build/open a Tesco Metro in Thongsala (on the road to Sri Thanu where the old wood shop used to be) and a large Tesco Lotus in Mathawan. Anyone know the facts?

Opening seems to be this Friday, it will change a bit the local situation. Wondering about the effect in Thongsala. It will have a big impact on Ko Phangan, as it had for Samui. Since there is no "Fuji" here, so i have to go from time to time to samui again.

A Thai woman told me that only 15 Baht remains in Thailand of sold 100 Baht in Tesco/Lotus. Somebody has any idea where they come from and what groupe is behind this company?

pics from today

p.s. I have got the new CAT USB (CAT CDMA) Connection, so my "old" CAT (Huawei) Telephon is for sale end of this month. Newprice one year ago was 7'200 Baht. I give it for 3'500 Baht for members of this forum. If somebody interested PM me. You just need to have a CAT phone no. or making a contract with them (Thai nationals only I guess).

No problem sunlife, at least sombody understands. There was something about a project wich was scrapped or delayed because of builing-hights and that has nothing to do with tesco either. So I just wanted to know what you all think. If this is out of topic, sorry. Just a thought!!! :o

Edited by frankman

No problem sunlife, at least sombody understands. There was somesthing about a project wich was scrapped because of builinghights and that has nothing to do with tesco either. So I just wanted to know what you all think. If this is out of topic, sorry. Just a thought!!! :o

was there not a saying "not higher then the palms" here in Thailand? Anyway they don't look to me as following those rules either. Pretty high and hudge. :D

So where is the 35-45m coconuttree on the ground of grand sea resort? This is how high they are over sealevel. Show me, I must be blind! Or has it something to do with payments to the cops, as somebody told me? Please enlightening me. :o

Sorry? It doesn't have anything to do with the coconut trees on site. But I don't know the exact height determined by law but I do believe it has something do with the proximity to the beach rather than the entire island. The hotel in Thong Sala can also be over a certain height because it is in town, is what I've heard.

But really its best to not throw slanderous accusations about places around on the internet, so I've deleted those posts that are hearsay.

So where is the 35-45m coconuttree on the ground of grand sea resort? This is how high they are over sealevel. Show me, I must be blind! Or has it something to do with payments to the cops, as somebody told me? Please enlightening me. :o

Not blind, but ignorant of facts like there is zoning for building as close as xxx to the sea, as far as xxx from the sea, or build on a mountain slope, accordingly is the allowance for building hights.

....and then money does stretch a lot of things in this country...local Government may change some of these rules, because Investment is high, so are the land purchase prices, so they have to go up, more floors, more space, more bucks!

However, the

What is the connection between Tesco and other (debatable) buildings in KPG??

none that I can see, Tesco's doesn't appear to be a highrise- it is in the heart of town so I guess I just don't see the connection other than a general rant about development on the island.

Been hearing various reports/rumours of Tesco Lotus planning to build/open a Tesco Metro in Thongsala (on the road to Sri Thanu where the old wood shop used to be) and a large Tesco Lotus in Mathawan. Anyone know the facts?

so yesterday there was the big day for many Phanganians, the opening of Tesco-Lotus in Thongsala. The small shop was really crowded like in Europe at Saturday's :D all day long, cue at the cashiers desk :o

But honest, I'm a little disappointed, so now we can wait for the extension :D many articles found on Samui's Tesco, not available here yet (e.g. open sale of meat like pepper-ham ;-)

ham

it took us 3 hours to buy half a dozen things, mostly because we knew half the people in there and the wife was kooi maak.

but i must say, i love it. got a nice piece of Salmon for dinner for 45 baht, the frozen version would have cost about 100 baht in big A. Most things seemed cheaper than usual KPN prices but fresh veg maybe a bit cheaper in the market.

the big advantage is having everything under one roof. shopping in KPN is very frustrating when you have to go to 10 shops for 10 things.

Good, finally Tesco is open. I can find my Tipco fresh fruit juices I like so much!!

But, what they will do with the big amount of land left behind??

Ah... Also rumors about the owner of the big hardware/cement shop before Thong Sala selling a big piece of land for some 20 millions baht to Big C. True???

Edited by angiud