Cheap Accommodation Options In Pattaya ?

torrenova

I want a place to rent in town or near a baht bus route. I also don't want an expensive place as I'm not going to be there all that often. As I'll be away in Singapore, security is quite an important consideration. My missus might stay there sometimes when I'm away but otherwise it will just be empty. A telephone line would be useful. At least one aricon is essential.

So what are my options ?

I used to live in View Talay 2 and that would be fine but I don't think I'll get what I want for the price I'm prepared to pay. If anyone knows of some bargain apartments there then please let me know.

Don't know about View Talay 1, older and smaller than VT2 but cheaper for sure. Perhaps.

Yensabai - looked at this place years ago and decided that it was not right. Might have to revisit - any opinions.

What about cheap house options ? Don't want a Choc Chai 1 type where they are all 2m by 2m rooms but I know I'm limited by budget. Agents will probably not have stuff this cheap.

There must be some things and places I don't know about or which have been built recently or some houses just off the beaten path that I don't know about. I just want to be able to get a bus and be able to leave the place and still have it standing when I come back.

Yensabai - looked at this place years ago and decided that it was not right. Might have to revisit - any opinions.

You can find some nice 40 sqm rooms in Yensabai for 1.2 to 1.4 mBahts,

the only problem is : Do not expect be able to sleep before 2 in the morning :D

There is now way to many Karaokes and Bars all around Yensabai :o

You can find some nice 40 sqm rooms in Yensabai for 1.2 to 1.4 mBahts,

the only problem is : Do not expect be able to sleep before 2 in the morning :D

There is now way to many Karaokes and Bars all around Yensabai :o

Reread his post. He is looking for a place to rent, not buy.

The OP would probably get more and better responses if he wasn't so vague.

Or he could get off his lazy backside and just walk around North, South and Central Roads and the side sois and he'd see hundreds of places to choose from. You can't walk 2 minutes without seeing a "room for rent daily monthly" sign.

And beware of using agents, I get the impression from renting a condo recently that if you rent through an agent the price can be around 60% higher than renting directly from the owner. i.e. the agents are raking in a 40% commission just to save you a bit of shoe leather. Well worth bearing in mind when on a tight budget

Or he could get off his lazy backside and just walk around North, South and Central Roads and the side sois and he'd see hundreds of places to choose from. You can't walk 2 minutes without seeing a "room for rent daily monthly" sign.

Thanks for using Thaivisa.com, happy to help!!!!! :o

Start at the junction of Pattaya Tai and Third road and start walking south on third road and around the bend

and heading for the overpass road towards Bali Hai pier. Sooooo many brand new budget

apartments in this area.

Oh, and Yensabai ... surely not :o

Naka.

Start at the junction of Pattaya Tai and Third road and start walking south on third road and around the bend

and heading for the overpass road towards Bali Hai pier. Sooooo many brand new budget

apartments in this area.

Oh, and Yensabai ... surely not :o

Naka.

Are you talking about the apartments along Pattaya Tai (and sois) between Third and Second Road? If so, I agree. Also the other end of Third Road near Carrefour has plenty of nice new budget apartments.

OK smart arse, I'll bite !

I've lived here for quite a few years, initially in a central hotel, then VT2, now in a house past Sukhumvit. I did all the rounds that there were to do about 4 years ago before I moved to VT2. I know where most of the bargirl type fan room stuff is as well as all of the stuff I don't want to pay for. I thought that by mentioning some places which most people know it would give an indication of what I want.

I just thought that someone might already know somewhere which I did not know about or consider. If I wanted to redraw the Pattaya map then I could go from Soi to Soi as you suggest.

Getting some room above a shop house or a room in a Thai place with a padlock on the door is not an option as I'd actually like my stuff to be there when I come back.

Now back on track. Thanks for that one in Jomtien - no better than VT and with the electric mark up probably worse. Smaller as well. But a good idea as I didn't think about it.

I'll also be less vague now about the great electricity rate rip off. I got my electric bill today and the real rate is 3.25 baht before VAT so any of this crap at Bt6 or worse just near doubles the electric and if you're on 2k a month, your rent just went up 2k per month !

Anyone else think of anything, probably in a condo block to be honest or a small house with some security. Cheers.

Centre Condo on South Road.

Diana Estate Soi Buakhaow.

Yensabai Condo.

All places with reasonably priced studio rooms.

Centre Hotel as well.

Probably the places you looked at 4 years ago are still the ones that are the best prices unless someone knows of any new ones.

When living in Pattaya the wife and I stayed at the Perfect Deluxe Mansion which is a bock south east of 3rd Road and Pattaya Nua. One block from the bus route and can walk to Lotus. Large studio with kitchen (only frig, microwave and sink), cable TV, high speed internet, maid service every day (towel & sheets included), pool, and a restaurant a block away (owned by the same people) that will deliver. Also have a laundry and mini mart in the complex. Long term rental was 10,500 baht a month(smaller rooms were available for less). Here is there phone number 081 762 7948 or email [email protected] Very nice people.

www.perfectpattaya.com

OK smart arse, I'll bite !

I've lived here for quite a few years, initially in a central hotel, then VT2, now in a house past Sukhumvit. I did all the rounds that there were to do about 4 years ago before I moved to VT2. I know where most of the bargirl type fan room stuff is as well as all of the stuff I don't want to pay for. I thought that by mentioning some places which most people know it would give an indication of what I want.

I just thought that someone might already know somewhere which I did not know about or consider. If I wanted to redraw the Pattaya map then I could go from Soi to Soi as you suggest.

Getting some room above a shop house or a room in a Thai place with a padlock on the door is not an option as I'd actually like my stuff to be there when I come back.

Now back on track. Thanks for that one in Jomtien - no better than VT and with the electric mark up probably worse. Smaller as well. But a good idea as I didn't think about it.

I'll also be less vague now about the great electricity rate rip off. I got my electric bill today and the real rate is 3.25 baht before VAT so any of this crap at Bt6 or worse just near doubles the electric and if you're on 2k a month, your rent just went up 2k per month !

Anyone else think of anything, probably in a condo block to be honest or a small house with some security. Cheers.