Facebook

2long

Like most people (I think) I got Facebook because it appeared so popular. Then after getting so many emails telling me stuff I didn't want to know and inviting me to applications I didn't want, I gave up.

However, Scrabulous is online Scrabble/Crossword and can be played quickly, over a week or more and against your friends, or anyone in the world!

Maybe we can sort some league out here and play each other...

Just a thought.

• 5 weeks later...
too complecated for me,but my kids love it

Same here.

Canoot understand the attraction.

Total garbage, thought my kids (37 to 45) had more intelligence.

I fear for our future.

Like most people (I think) I got Facebook because it appeared so popular. Then after getting so many emails telling me stuff I didn't want to know and inviting me to applications I didn't want, I gave up.

However, Scrabulous is online Scrabble/Crossword and can be played quickly, over a week or more and against your friends, or anyone in the world!

Maybe we can sort some league out here and play each other...

Just a thought.

sounds like a good suggestion for the 2 week teacher forum

At first i did not like it, but now i have been using Facebook for over 1 year, i have found alot of friends i have not been in contact with for years.... the only down side is the pester of joining applications

At first i did not like it, but now i have been using Facebook for over 1 year, i have found alot of friends i have not been in contact with for years.... the only down side is the pester of joining applications

Do the joining applications go to the email address you register with? If that's the case, I'd use my "junk" email address.

Facebook is a US right wing information gathering tool - I signed up for a couple of weeks , then deleted my listing not just closed my account.

Scrabulous is great, though, you can have a timed game. Ten minutes each and you get an additional 5 seconds when you play a word is my favoured way of playing - being such a fast game reduces the chance of cheating but basically you need to trust your opponent

" Facebook is a US right wing information gathering tool"

love it. Never a dull moment with the conspiracy theorists :o

For someone with very limited internet access (dial up, and slow at best) - the number of emails from facebook or other applications which people in your contacts trigger is a pain in the a*se.

I rarely log into my account.

Facebook, is garbage, but liked by so many addicts.

I am there because ppl ask me to be their 'friend'......<deleted>.

They are unknown to me, sheeeesh.

I have 12 friends, 10 family and close friends, real friends.

2, I have no idea.

My youngest daughter is a real addict, she has 325 friends.

She knows 15.

<

<

<

<

<

<

She is 37 years of age.